Author Topic: Brian Dayton's Log  (Read 3477 times)

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
  • It's always good to change your perspective.
    • View Profile
Brian Dayton's Log
« on: January 21, 2011, 10:08:05 AM »
Note: Anything that has a "+" next to it means that I did the exercise while wearing a 20 lbs vest.

-100 pushups
-60 bicycle crunches
-60 squats +
-60 dips
-handstand training
I'm gonna show you how great I am.

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Brian Dayton's Log
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 07:34:01 AM »
First week of college so I've been kinda busy. But I have Fridays and weekends off so its time to train.
Thursday 1/27/11
3x15 weighted push-ups
3x20 weighted squats
3x5 dragon flags
handstand training

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 04:52:13 AM »
I've given up trying to post everyday. There is just too much homework in my classes and I don't even get to exercise every night...
But I did last night  ;D
3x15 weighted push ups
3x20 weighted squats
3x20 bicycle crunches
I'm working on doing handstand push ups but I'm still working at it.
I'm going to try to do some chin ups before I leave for college and I AM going to exercise when I get home.

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 08:12:32 AM »
I've been incredibly busy with college and work. I've been able to train but not log anything. As of right now my sole objective is to be able to hold a full planche for at least 5 seconds with good form by the start of July and be able to do at least 1 planche pushup by July 23 (my girlfriends birthday). Last night I was able to hold a frog satnd for a full minute and (after some rest) a tuck planche for about 5 seconds. Its not much but its a start.

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 06:18:28 PM »
Still working on planche. I can now hold a tuck planche for 20 seconds and I am working on tuck planche pushups. I have started running a mile at least 2 or 3 times a week at a park on the way to college and I'm practicing my wall runs on a wall at the tennis course there. I WILL ACHIEVE PLANCHE PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 09:28:44 AM »
I am getting a lot better at all of my static holds. I can now hold a straddle planche for about a half a second and a can now hold a advanced tuck planche for about 5 seconds. I can also hold a flag for about 3 seconds (even though it looks really sloppy lol). I also finished my semester at college and I won't have to worry about school till August so now I have plenty of time to train.

P.S. I also need to start training for (B)EAST COAST!!! I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to go but I want to be ready for it.

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 07:02:09 AM »
I am still working towards planche, but I am also working on 1 handed chinups and wall assisted handstand pushups. I can't do either at this point but I'm working my way up to it. I have also restarted my running regiment (1-1.5 miles every other day), but now I'm doing it barefoot. It hurts like hell and I have a blood blister on one of my toes but I'm just gonna HTFU and deal with it.

[EDIT] Scratch that, I just found 2 more blood blisters  :'(
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 07:20:56 AM by Brian Dayton »

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 07:17:39 AM »
Note to self : While bike riding my be healthy, it is not fun to ride 10 miles in the sun in 90 degree weather. Never do that again.

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 04:50:51 AM »
I may be joining the marines next year so i have started running 2 miles every morning. I am trying to get to where I cam comfortable running 6 miles so that I will be able to run 3 miles in 18 min. I have also given up on my goal of planche by July. That doesn't mean I've stopped training for it, I'm just pushing the date back. I will have it by October definitely.

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 05:54:42 AM »
I have cut my 2 mile time down from 18:00 to 16:00. Its not much but its progress. I am also working on the other 2 parts of the Marines pft. 20 chin ups shouldn't be too difficult, but 100 sit ups in 2 minutes will be a challenge. Its not that I can't do 100 sit ups, it just that I can't do them that fast. I am working on increasing my speed but I'm not sure how well that is going to work. Only time will tell.

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 04:22:28 AM »
I've cut my 2 mile time down to just over 15 minutes. I'm going to start running farther and try to work my way up to 5 or 6 miles. I can almost do 20 chin ups but the sit ups are still giving me hell, I just can't do them that fast without someone holding onto my feet. Oh well...

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 05:07:20 AM »
I've gotten up to 3.3 miles in 29:04. That means that my 3 mile time is just about 26.42. I'm still gonna try to work my way up to 5 or 6 miles but now I'm also going to be focusing more on speed. I have also started working out on my parent's total gym. They never use it and it's the closest thing I have to free weights.

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 07:11:04 AM »
Right after my last post I got a new job at Family Dollar stocking shelves and it is very tiring and time consuming. However, I mainly stock dog food and motor oil so that is good exercise and I have started a weight training class at college so I am in the gym a lot. I haven't had time to run lately but I just got a pair of VFF KSO's so I really want to break them in :) I am still working towards my planche pushup goal and I can now hold a straddle planche for about 5 seconds. I have to have my elbows a little bent but its still progress.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:32:13 PM by Brian Dayton »

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 07:27:23 AM »
Great work, keep it up!

Posted to follow
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌ยง▌
Now this is happening!
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,14576.180.html

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 07:15:09 PM »
I am officially going into the marines this summer so I'm going to have to kick it up a notch. I'm going for a run tomorrow at sunrise and after that I'm doing push ups, sit ups, and chin ups.

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 03:03:49 PM »
I got my ship date for Recruit Training last week. I leave for Parris Island, SC on July 9. That means I have about 4.5 months to get my shit together. I will be going to the recruiters every second saturday of the month so they can make sure I'm in shape but other than that its up to me.

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 05:37:39 PM »
I am becoming a lean, mean, fighting machine. I can do 23 chin ups and more than 100 crunches which means I will get a perfect score on those sections of the physical fitness test. The running, however, is giving me a lot of trouble. I can run the 3 miles in about 25 minutes. While this is a respectable time and is still well within the time limit, it is nowhere near the 18 minutes that I hope to achieve. I doubt whether or not this is an achievable goal given my time limit but I am still going to try to get it before my ship date. I am now going to the recruiters every tuesday and thursday and work out as much as I can on my own time.

Offline Brian Dayton

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 05:02:53 PM »
I'm done with bootcamp and mct and now I'm working my way through mos school. Bootcamp and mct killed me, not because it was hard, but because they way they did it it didn't make any of us stronger, just tired. But now I have access to a gym and I have plenty of free time now to exercise. i'm going to work my way back up to 20 chin ups, work on my run time, I didn't make any progress on my planche pushup during boot camp so I have to work on that, and I'm going to try to start eating healthier. No promises on that last one though. Wish me luck.