Author Topic: New Jersey Intro Thread - Say Hi Here first!  (Read 19498 times)

Offline cody laul

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: New Jersey Intro Thread - Say Hi Here first!
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 05:41:05 AM »
Hey everyone, my name is Cody. I am pretty new to the parkour scene, i just really want to get out there and go for it. I live in the Clinton/Flemington area of Jersey, and if anyone wants to try to train or get a group together i would be all for it!

Offline Lauren

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 03:39:27 PM »
Hey my name is Lauren I'm frm tr nj and I just started parkour today!! Looking for someone to train with. Hmu

Offline fP

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 05:23:33 PM »
Hey, my name is Finn, I'm 14 and new to Parkour/Free Running. Looking for people to train with and good places to train around Montclair. I've been training for about a month so any tips would be great!

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 08:11:15 PM »
Hey Finn I'm in Jersey but a decent drive away from Montclair. I'm pretty sure that Montclair itself has a parkour club so you might be able to look into meeting up with them.

Aside from that there's a gymnastics gym I train at in Ocean Township called All American Gymnastics. Unfortunately it's probably about an hour or so away from Montclair so that probably doesn't help.

Offline JJJJJJJJJ

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2014, 05:40:04 AM »
Hey guys, I'm Joe from Saddle Brook (North Jersey). Feel free to pm me if you want to train.

Offline Ifreerun52

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2014, 09:06:18 PM »
Hi, Family I'm Troy. I'm from and currently live in South Jersey, Male 18 years old and I recently start parkour. I train by myself so if there's anyone that's looking for a training partner in South Jersey hit me up. Definitely like to linkup and run with some peeps. Happy training everybody, stay safe.

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2014, 09:27:51 PM »
Hey Troy. Is there any chance you leave anywhere near Rowan University? I don't know South Jersey well at all but Rowan has a parkour club so if you're close maybe you could train with them. I have a really close friend who does so if you're able to meet up with them I could talk to him. Also there's a parkour gym called Pinnacle Parkour somewhere in South Jersey that maybe you'll be near.

Offline Ifreerun52

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2014, 09:54:35 PM »
Rowan University.. In Camden or Glassboro? I know the University in glassboro is about 2 hours away which I wouldn't mind travelling if I have the money and time. And for the school do you know how much it would cost a session?

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2014, 09:29:05 PM »
Glassboro. I'll actually be going there next semester.

I have no idea how much it would cost at Pinnacle as I haven't had the chance to go. You can probably find it on their website.

Offline Ifreerun52

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2014, 09:07:11 AM »
Thanks man maybe I can flow with you and your group sometime I the future.

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2014, 12:47:46 PM »
That would be awesome! I live in Monmouth county so I'm probably pretty damn far from you, but I'm transferring to Rowan. I'm surprised that's a 2 hour drive from you, that kind of sucks.

Offline Ifreerun52

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2014, 01:17:38 PM »
Yeah it's about a 2 hour drive plus I don't drive I ride the bus lol but I wouldn't mind travelling I might leave early and catch a bus down there one day n flow with you guys lol... I want to get a little more skilled before I do that though. But for sure I'll be down there one of these days. I'll DM you before I do, what days do you guys usually meet up?

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2014, 01:35:54 PM »
I dunno, I don't train with the Rowan guys yet. I just recently started training with guys around me and they train a lot, I meet up with the, whenever I can but it's not usually set days. The only set day I have is going to an open gym on Thursday nights.

Offline Ifreerun52

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »
Oh okay I got cha

Offline Jan-Su

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2014, 10:35:30 AM »
(Hmmm, some parts of this forum are almost a ghost town. New posts are often months apart.)

Hi there! Name's Janus. I'm based in Bergenfield of Bergen county. I just got more interested in Parkour this month, and am rather desperately looking for a PK-interested group near my area. I unfortunately have no background in any physical discipline whatsoever (long story). I don't necessarily hope to become a superstar in the PK community or anything like that, but this time, I just want to get to a decent level that I can personally feel proud of in something that I decided to take up

I have found at least one decent very beginner's PK tutorial hosted by the Tapp Brothers, but it remains very difficult to train completely by yourself, especially with no instructor or group showing you what you are doing right or wrong, or to give you that extra encouragement.

I'm only about 20 minutes away from Overpeck County Park, but in extremes, I might make efforts to go out of Bergen county as a very last resort. But come on, people, I can't be the only one in my entire county in my age group who is interested in PK.

Offline paradox1st

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2014, 09:17:34 AM »
Hello fellow traceurs, my name is Jay.
I live in Ridgefield, which is in Bergen County area.
I've been by myself for past two years, and would love to get started with other people.
Nice to meet you all!

Offline Jan-Su

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2014, 02:42:02 PM »
Hello fellow traceurs, my name is Jay.
I live in Ridgefield, which is in Bergen County area.
I've been by myself for past two years, and would love to get started with other people.
Nice to meet you all!

Well, hello there, and welcome to the APK forums! I thought this part of of the forums was dead, but I'm glad to have finally found someone within my own county who's also interested. It feels like forever since I first ever posted here. (I've found a few other forum users who are also from NJ, but of different counties and opposite corners of the state.)

We should organize a get-together sometime if possible. Maybe use meetup.com or something like that.

Offline jayprev97

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2015, 11:09:18 AM »
HI,

My name is Jason. I just started training for parkour. I usually train in the park across from Maplewood Country Club, or the park across from Irvington library. I am 17 and will be going to college in the fall, so won't be sticking around for long. I am a total noob at PK, so I am hoping to find someone more experienced then me to help me out. Thanks a ton, jayprev

Offline ryanbro33

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2015, 03:16:28 AM »
hey! I'm ryan, been doing parkour in bergen county (fort lee, ridgefield area) for about 2-3 years now. im 15 and if theres anyone in my area and age group that wants to train cantact me! if you have kik my username is ryanbro33

Offline Bbovenzi

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2015, 06:24:37 PM »
Hi my name is Brent. I just moved back to Howell from DC where I started training at the apk Academy in January. I usually train behind some of the shopping centres in town or along th  Asbury Park to Spring Lake boardwalks.