Author Topic: Help! Injured my tailbone!  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Ronnie Thompson

• Patas
  • Team Raven-Moon Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Help! Injured my tailbone!
« on: March 17, 2014, 02:17:10 AM »
OK, so I was at the park yesterday practicing my kongs on a bench when my sister came over and asked me to do a roll when I hit the ground. I agreed... big mistake. :-[ I wasn't mentally prepared for it and had too many things going on in my mind at the time of the kong. I approached it and ended up "goofing" at the last second by grabbing the top of the bench and doing a front flip over it. I landed on my tailbone, suffered no pain, and everything feels alright.... except the bone itself. Like anyone would, i got up and rubbed it and I SWEAR it is out of place and further done my lower back.... I might just be stupid, but I am very concerned. Any advice at all will help. :-\

-Thank you in advance!!!
"Flow like water, because flowing water never runs stale." -Bruce Lee

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Injured my tailbone!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 07:37:34 AM »
Well you inadvertently attempted a rail flip.

If you're not in pain and have no difficulty moving or anything like that then you're probably fine. Haha you didn't move your tail bone out of place. You'd be in excruciating pain and probably unable to move. If you're experiencing any discomfort see a professional. If not, just be careful and you're most likely ok.

Offline Ronnie Thompson

• Patas
  • Team Raven-Moon Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Injured my tailbone!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 01:29:14 PM »
Ok then! :) Thx Dick. You're pretty much right, I got halfway through school and I couldn't even feel a dull pain or anything!!! XD..... I guess I got worried for no reason.
"Flow like water, because flowing water never runs stale." -Bruce Lee