So again, it has been awhile, and I hope to frequent APK again like I did back in the day. Things seem different here, but still the same amazing community (with many added members). I have been practicing parkour since April of 09, but I feel I have the skill level of a lot of people who've been practicing for less than a year (though I have a lot of knowledge built up, and experience). This year I want to commit to parkour. I miss the rush, I miss the blisters, I miss the cuts, and I miss learning. Parkour has regrettably been on the back-burner for awhile and that needs to change. I've come up with a few rules I'm going to try to implement into my life in hopes of keeping me motivated.
1) A minimum of 5 techniques a day. This includes vaults, rolls, QMing (1 technique would be either a minute of practice or an actual usage of it), etc.
2) Watch a PK related video daily, or at least almost daily. This one isn't as necessary but I figure every time I feel like I don't have the energy to work out, or go train, this will help motivate me.
3) Eat healthy. This isn't entirely related to PK, but it's something I feel I should do to improve my body overall. I've cut back to almost no meat mostly for personal reasons, but I still eat it. I want fruits and veggies to be a main part of my diet.
4) Roll. A lot. I neglected rolls for some reason. I learned them when I started, then I learned vaults and wall-runs and the like, and then I stopped practicing rolls. Why? Who knows... But that stops now.
5) Repetition. If one of my daily minimum techniques end up botched, it gets redone. No exceptions.
That's about it for now as far as the rules. I plan to force myself to start jogging again tomorrow night not taking weather into the equation unless it could be dangerous. I dislike running in shoes but I guess it's better than frost bite. I'm going to work out daily unless I'm too sore, but that is my only reason not to (except time barriers I guess, haha). I will be taking more protein than in the past to make up for my lack of meat intake. Yes, I take a MV. I also take fish oil
. I hope to be posting a lot more now... It feels good to be back (again, haha).
I'm setting APK Forums to my home page after this in yet another attempt to keep me on my course. If anyone else has some suggestions that have helped them in the past please share them.
Thank you all for past and future support, it really means a lot to me. I'm glad I have such an awesome group of people in my (sorta)life.