Author Topic: finding a teacher to teach me Parkour  (Read 4039 times)

Offline eaglekid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
finding a teacher to teach me Parkour
« on: January 10, 2011, 05:42:18 PM »
tennager, looking for someone to teach how to do parkour.In nwa (North West arkansas) If any body can please feel free to reply.

Offline Joseph Landholt

• Guenons
  • Name changed to my real surname.
    • View Profile
Re: finding a teacher to teach me Parkour
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 05:57:31 PM »
Try out the Arkansas board.
Parkour + Free Running = Free Parking :D

Offline J. Gabriel Alvarez Manilla

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 05:58:05 PM »
Look man. Parkour might be like other disciplines such as Martial Arts or Guitar in some aspects, but the learning experience for most is quite different from those I mentioned. The way I learned was by watching youtube videos and training with a group. The youtube stuff is easy, you just mimick what they do on the tutorial. However, it's a completely different experience learning in a group. Someone gets an idea for an exercise, or we all check to see what we feel like doing, and we just go with it, without any clear teacher or leader, only a body of more experienced practitioners. There's also a mindset you must learn, not one of "I'm a student and he's a master," but one of "We're all training and helping each other to get better." The physical training you're going to have to learn in real life, but the mindset, extremely important in order to keep training properly, you could pick up on (somewhat) after a bit of searching through the forums. There are some recent posts, the most prominent in my mind being one called "non-philosopher", that can greatly help in this.Unless there's a place nearby where they give legit classes, which I doubt (haven't heard anything going on near Arkansas), you're gonna have to find some people to train with and just train with them.

The arkansas board could definetly do something for you, though.
The Great Way is universal,
it can apply to the left or the right.
All beings depend on it for life,
and it does not refuse.

Offline Thomas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Total Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 05:44:14 PM »
I am a teacher located in Fayetteville AR. If interested, I parkour every day.

Offline John George 'JG'

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Bloomsburg Parkour (Columbia County)
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 04:29:19 PM »
There are teachers out there. Just be careful who you learn from. The art of doing and the art of teaching are two completely different arts.

No matter who you learn from, just remember to stay within your comfort zone.
Parkour Endure founder - parkourendure.com
Lehigh Valley Parkour (member)
Level 1 ADAPT qualified instructor

Offline Chazercism

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 05:37:36 PM »
Hey man, I'm a little late on this but, I'm in Bentonville, AR and I'm actually a gymnastics coach who does parkour classes inside the gym.  We hold classes at night during the week and it gives you a chance to learn everything from fundamental kongs to the advanced flips and tricks.  If you're still looking contact "Aspire Gymnastics Academy" (479-464-9993). The classes are named "Urban Gymnastics"