Author Topic: Video Camera's  (Read 4749 times)

crazyted

Video Camera's
« on: December 02, 2006, 07:44:41 PM »
Hi I have been thinking about making a video with some of my friends who do PK, and none of us own a video camera so I was wondering if any one here who has made a video has some recomendations for a camera to get...
Ted

Offline Nicolas Finn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Video Camera's
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 05:26:14 AM »
well.. if you're just using it for PK, there is no need to go out and get any of those big, nice HD ones.. I recommend getting on of the simple palm-sized ones, (most of the ones that use an SD card)
some of those are as inexpensive as 100 bucks. which is not a bad price.. I personally want the $150 version (great amount of internal memory)

GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment...

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 07:41:34 AM »
Mini dvd .............. but if you get one make shure it has a firewire slot or usb slot or you wont be able to rip it to the computer.
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."  David Carradine
May the flow be with you.  ~~FreeStyleFox

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

crazyted

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 04:12:16 PM »
thanks guys ill hopefully be going to get a camera soon...

Offline Nicolas Finn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 05:53:44 PM »
mini dvd? it doesn't save very well if you're moving around a lot though. I think it's best to go with something small and portable.. especially if you only intend to use it to broadcast online with
GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment...

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 06:54:06 PM »
I highly suggest investing in a good camera just in case you ever decide to do any serious editing work.  A small 100 dollar camera will not work very well for a whole video and using a card instead of a tape or disk means you will not be able to hold much footage.  I suggest getting a mini dv camcorder that uses standard 8 mm tapes.  They are light and small and good for everything such as editing and dumping to computers.  You can get a good one for under $300.  I've seen some for around 230.  Try to look around for a good deal.  I got a $450 camera for $350 at costco for example.

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Don't think with your balls, think with your brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 06:32:02 AM »
COSTCO FOR LIFE!

Offline Nicolas Finn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Don't think with your balls, think with your brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 05:51:06 AM »
Don't buy the kind of camcorder that phish is talking about.  They are horrible quality, no zoom, nothing.  Its just a really cheap CMOS or CCD sensor that is tiny and makes it look horrible.  If you have to wait then do so.  Nothing ruins a video more then the horrible camera quality.

Offline Nicolas Finn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 02:06:15 PM »
I've used one of those plenty of times, they work just fine.

and there is a zoom to it, it's just not that much of one (I believe it's 4X)

anyways, if you don't feel like getting it, that's fine, but I know that they work fairly well.. if nothing else you can try it out at one of the stores and see how good the quality is for yourself, most of them have them out on display.