Author Topic: Olathe Parkour (OPK)  (Read 14573 times)

Offline Jason Dowell

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Olathe Parkour (OPK)
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2014, 09:44:00 AM »
I'm in the Olathe, Leawood, Overland Park area and looking to train. I've been following for years, and have finally gotten the courage to get out and train. Anyone want to train with this 32-year-old?

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 03:53:41 PM »
Hey, Jason, welcome to apk  :)

Unfortunately I have discovered the parkour communities of Johnson County and Miami County are farily disconnected, unorganized, and small. The only regular events that I am aware of are the open gyms in Johnson county and my own small group that trains weekly in Paola during the summer and biweekly during the school year.

I plan on attending the next parkour open gym at Diamond Academy. They are located at 161st Street, Stilwell, KS. It starts at 8 pm Tuesdays night and lasts until 10, the admission is $10. You will have to sign a waiver and any minors attending will need a parent/guardian signature, they only need it the first time you attend. If you plan on going a different time of year make sure to check their calendar as they change things in seasons because it is primarily a gymnastics gym.

Anyone, feel free to contact me through personal message or my email NickQHolmes@gmail.com

Edit: Site is back up
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 09:57:31 AM by Nick Holmes »
Real supermen don't leap over buildings in a single bound, they take determined steps consistently over time
Twitter

Offline MrMtDance

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2014, 12:29:03 PM »
Hey there!

I live in KC but really would like to find a crew to run and work out with. If you guys are open to a starter let me know! :)

Offline Jed

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2015, 02:57:54 PM »
If anyone is still looking at this, I am in Maryville, MO and looking for a parkour group or just people to occasionally hang out with while doing parkour. I've been doing parkour for awhile now and though I need to hit a gym to get better at flips, I'm not bad at the parkour itself.
Hit me up in a PM or email if you are interested. I can go to KC about once a month... possibly more. I can meet up in St. Joseph more often.