Author Topic: "There is no charge for awesomeness...or attractiveness..."  (Read 985 times)

Offline James Cavin

• Guenons
    • View Profile
"There is no charge for awesomeness...or attractiveness..."
« on: December 04, 2010, 09:52:44 AM »
Hopefully someone will recognize the quote so that I don't look like an arrogant ass, lol.

GOALS A:
- 1 mile run (*barefoot) in under 6 minutes.
- 50 pushups without stopping.
- 10 pistols on each leg without stopping.
- 15 pullups without stopping.

Okay, so these goals are basically a small competition between my friend and I. These are going to take a while for both of us, but they are longer term goals and just for bragging rights.

*He will be running in shoes. I won't.

GOALS B:
- .5 mile sprint barefoot.
- 20 burpees with squat jump and good form.
- 1 muscleup
- 1 handstand pushup

These are my own personal goals. I have a LOT more, but these are the ones i'm going to focus on because I feel they will help me achieve all my others. Or at least nudge me in the right direction.

I was in pretty good shape over the summer. I am still able to do most of the vaults, but i've let myself get complacent. No one to blame but me. I used the excuse of having a pregnant wife and a 2 year old to justify my terrible eating habits and my entire day sessions of Call of Duty(Seriously, though, that game is like my heroin...). My kid was born last month and my wife and I both started a STRICT paleo diet about a week ago. It is going really well so far and i'm already feeling a LOT better than before.

I'm in the process of rehabbing a minor rotator cuff injury too. I'm staying away from isolation moves that put stress on the joint and i'm going to be trying to strengthen the whole shoulder girdle.

My workouts have been a mix between a parkour session and some MovNat/Methode Naturelle stuff. I like to do Quadrupedal Movement because once you have been doing it for a month or two you really start have fun with it. Also, my daughter loves to be chased around the yard while i'm acting like a monkey. I have 3 river stones of varying weight and size that I love to use for random lifting, throwing, and pressing.

The way I will be doing my workout is probably going to seem weird to some people. I'll be doing pushups, pullups, air squats/lunges, and some ab roller stuff every day. However, borrowing from Rip's SS, I am going to be fashioning my own kind of progressive resistance from it. For example, every day I will have a set number of reps of each exercise that is my target goal. That target goal is based upon my always increasing target rep range to failure. Today I did 50 pushups/squats. The reason for that is because I am doing a maximum of 10 reps at once on those exercises for 5 sets of 10 reps total. Tomorrow I will be doing 11 reps x 5 sets = 55 pushups/squats. I'm not sure how often I will up the rep number yet, though. This makes sense to me because it increases the total volume of my workouts while also slowly increasing my endurance. If it doesn't work, oh well. If it does work, good. It doesn't matter THAT much to me so long as I keep inching closer to my goals.

Anyhow, i'll post more to my numbers for the day and my workout tonight or tomorrow.

12/04/2010
Daily exercise numbers as of 11:41am:
Pushups = 50 (5 sets of 10 reps)
Air Squats = 50 (5 sets of 10 reps)
Pullups = 15 (5 sets of 3 reps)

Offline Joseph Landholt

• Guenons
  • Name changed to my real surname.
    • View Profile
Re: "There is no charge for awesomeness...or attractiveness..."
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 11:02:29 AM »
Nice Kung Fu Panda reference :D