Author Topic: CU Parkour Club  (Read 4344 times)

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
CU Parkour Club
« on: November 16, 2006, 04:04:45 PM »
I just officially made the CU parkour club. This will be open to all CU people and also non CU people are welcome to attend the events and stuff like that. More info to follow........

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
Re: CU Parkour Club
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 03:30:22 PM »
Tuesday meet ups will now become CU Parkour Club meet ups. However, nothing will really be changed aside from the title.

CU parkour club "Hell nights" are in the planning stages. These will be guarenteed to whip your ass into parkour shape through low-impact parkour-like movements using the every day outdoors environment as a grueling circuit of strength and conditioning exercises.

I will be looking into getting some designated rec center time for indoor stuff. Will also look to see if we can have any access to university mats or equipment that may be useful.

And last of all, we now have the option to write proposals to get funding for events and stuff. If anyone has any good ideas or things you want to be organized, let me know.

Offline Jim "Monkey" Parker

• Mangabey
  • I am a leaf on the wind...Watch how I soar...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 01:08:24 PM »
Nice work!!!

Now if I could only get back to Boulder early enough on Tuesdays.....
A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step
-Japanese Proverb

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 10:42:49 PM »
Would you be so kind and helpful as to share your Club Proposal for traceurs working on the task of organized parkour development?

Please post a copy of the proposal you drew up in your successful attempt to create a parkour club. Just attach the document, or paste the text in. Don't leave out any pictures you may have used unless the file is too large (212k limit on  attachments). Include any suggestions for future reference. This will be a great source of information for future users if everyone contributes, and it will help to promote the spread and acceptance of parkour as a legitimate athletic activity. I hope you can contribute to this worthy cause. Here is the link to Club Proposal repository: http://www.americanparkour.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,159/topic,5833.0/

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 10:47:05 PM »
Heh, I didn't have a proposal. I went the independent club route which only requires you to pay $25 and fill out a few forms. This is the same setup as the bboy club here which has tons of members, weekly practice time at the rec, and they get big grants for events/competitions. So there is still a lot of potential if anyone wants to go this route. The only problem is I have so much other parkour stuff going on that I have barely had the time to do anything with the CU parkour club. :-\

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 11:59:24 PM »
I'm gonna post that information you just shared back on the proposal thread. that could be useful for some people :)

Offline Colinb

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 10:26:20 AM »
Hey, I know this is an old thread.
But I'm at CU now, and I spent part of today looking into what's required for a club.  Is the CU Parkour Club still active?  Thanks!

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 09:20:04 PM »
Nope, I never did anything official with it.