Author Topic: Parkour Essay  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Kauri

• Patas
    • View Profile
Parkour Essay
« on: October 19, 2010, 10:37:07 AM »
For my english class I'm supposed to write a 4-6 page argumentive essay. I want to write it on Parkour, but I'm not totally sure what angel I want to hit it at. I would love any help from anyone. (My side is why someone SHOULD practice Parkour) Thanks...
Zechariah 14:12
And the LORD will send a plague on all the nations that fought against Jerusalem. Their people will become like walking corpses, their flesh rotting away. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

(Zombies)

Offline MedvisP

• Mangabey
  • Cloudless every day you fall upon my waking eyes.
    • View Profile
Re: Parkour Essay
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 11:03:40 AM »
Why someone should practice parkour?
-Increased confidence in all areas of life
-Obvious health benefits
-Idea of perpetual progress always presents opportunities to grow

I assume you'll also want to address the arguments against parkour and attempt to counter them.
-Dangerous (talk about how progression is the key to safety)
-Disrespectful (we move if we are disturbing anyone, Leave No Trace program, etc)

I'm sure there are more for each category but these are the ones I can think of at the moment. Just ask yourself how you've changed since you started training and you'll have all the topics you need.
Power, balance, freedom.
My videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/MedvisP

Offline Kauri

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 11:59:58 AM »
That actually helps alot. Thanks man
Zechariah 14:12
And the LORD will send a plague on all the nations that fought against Jerusalem. Their people will become like walking corpses, their flesh rotting away. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

(Zombies)

Offline Scrag

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 07:17:57 AM »
I actually wrote a 11 page paper and did a 25 minute presentation on "Why the Art of Parkour Should Be Respected and Preserved." You can take alot of different angles. The advantages and benefits of training in parkour, simply why it should become more mainstream and socially accepted, reasons why people should train in parkour; anything along those lines would be good and easy to write. good luck my friend!

,Scrag

Offline BaconRo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 12:44:59 AM »
In future you can also consider an opportunity of getting help of teacher or simply buy argumentative essay. Hope everything passed good with your essay.