Author Topic: Planning a session or jam? (READ HERE FIRST)  (Read 1444 times)

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
Planning a session or jam? (READ HERE FIRST)
« on: October 15, 2010, 06:41:57 PM »
After much thought, I have realized how some people get frustrated when their sessions or jams don't pan out like they would wish. While sometimes it just happens, I think a lot of the time it has to do with the improper organization of the event.

This is due to either:

1) You are too lazy (I understand completely).

or

2) You aren't quite as skilled with organizing events.

With that said, I am posting this to help you make that amazing jam-packed session you've been dreaming about in your lonesome. Here is a small list of tips to help you out:

1) Provide a map, ex: Google Maps or MapQuest
2) Provide an address, for those who don't like maps
3) Provide the time, no end time is really needed
4) If you want to provide a theme, please do so
5) If its a complicated place, give a spot to meet at in detail
6) Provide a picture of the spot, I want to know what's there, or explain it in detail
7) Once you post, don't change it unless its a quick edit, most people only look at the post once.
8.) Tell people if they will have to pay for anything, admission, parking, whatever.
9) Also tell people if they will have to sign a wavier for gyms and such, most traceurs aren't 18 yet
10) Provide some form of contacting you: Email, PM, Phone(Txt/Call), IM etc.
11) Please keep your sessions up to date, if your not going to go, then say you won't be there, don't leave the post sitting on an old date making people wonder if your going to be there and just forgot to update the post. Also, if you post a date, make sure it's more specific than just the day of the week.
Thanks to my friends at PKCali for this list ;)

Also, here's an example:

>Organized Session<

>Not So Organized Session<

Now let's get the ball rollin! The more you put out to help the local Philadelphia scene, the bigger it'll get, thanks to you!

-David