Author Topic: So We Wanna Know...What Made You Start Doing Parkour/Freerunning?  (Read 141906 times)

Auroradream26

Re: So We Wanna Know...What Made You Start Doing Parkour/Freerunning?
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2010, 01:38:51 PM »
One of these days the villagers are going to be hiding rocks in those piles of hay.

HAHAHAHA I'll make sure I check the hay from now on before I climb my next tower  ;D

Offline J-Dub

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Could you describe the ruckus, sir?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2010, 07:55:04 AM »
Back in the day when me and my older sister were like 7 and 9, we were watching Yamakasi so we started getting into it but we were just kids so we looked like fools. Then we started practicing acrobatics we saw in a Circ Du Soleil show almost every night in our living room but failed miserably... XD
Almost 10 years later, I looked back at dem memories and jumped "back" into it. And conveniently, now its popular practice.
God bless mang! :D

Offline Ninjatic Silver

• Mangabey
  • It's just my...BASS CANNON!!!
    • View Profile
    • My facebook
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2010, 09:13:38 AM »
Back in the day when me and my older sister were like 7 and 9, we were watching Yamakasi so we started getting into it but we were just kids so we looked like fools. Then we started practicing acrobatics we saw in a Circ Du Soleil show almost every night in our living room but failed miserably... XD
Almost 10 years later, I looked back at dem memories and jumped "back" into it. And conveniently, now its popular practice.
Not popular enough.

Offline J-Dub

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Could you describe the ruckus, sir?
    • View Profile
God bless mang! :D

Offline RadicalFacePlanter

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2010, 05:41:48 AM »
Because I hate going to the gym really and, though there are body weight exercises I do, parkour is a thing where I can practice cardiovascular, arm/leg strength, and technique all in 1 awesome package.

Offline John George 'JG'

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Bloomsburg Parkour (Columbia County)
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2010, 05:54:36 AM »
My freshman year of high school, I saw my friend jumping off of a concrete block over a bush. I asked him what he was doing. He said, "It's Parkour!". I thought he said "Hardcore" haha! We've trained together since then, only to be separated by college.
Parkour Endure founder - parkourendure.com
Lehigh Valley Parkour (member)
Level 1 ADAPT qualified instructor

Offline Ninjatic Silver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • My facebook
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2010, 02:17:33 PM »
My freshman year of high school, I saw my friend jumping off of a concrete block over a bush. I asked him what he was doing. He said, "It's Parkour!". I thought he said "Hardcore" haha! We've trained together since then, only to be separated by college.
College can smd. I will never be separated from my best friend. Er. Not without contact anyways.

Offline tracuerkid101

• Guenons
  • parkour is fitness at its finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2010, 02:56:23 PM »
what i hate is when someone sees me doing parkour they say hey did you learn that from assassins creed or something and im like i didn't learn it from assassins creed but I about it from assassins creed  :D but i hate it when people say there stronger then my because there bigger then me and i say try doing what i do then criticize and they say why its stupid and i say ok and show them something and there like i can do that,they try they fail and i win ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) :) :) :) :) :)
The World. My Playground. 
The Streets. My Home. 
The Architecture. My Inspiration. 
The Fear. My Motivation. 
The Sweat, the Scars, the Pain. My Proof.
My Name. Traceur.

Offline Ninjatic Silver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • My facebook
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2010, 03:43:45 PM »
what i hate is when someone sees me doing parkour they say hey did you learn that from assassins creed or something and im like i didn't learn it from assassins creed but I about it from assassins creed  :D but i hate it when people say there stronger then my because there bigger then me and i say try doing what i do then criticize and they say why its stupid and i say ok and show them something and there like i can do that,they try they fail and i win ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) :) :) :) :) :)
Done that before. XD

Offline whiteybeans

• Guenons
  • The cure for fear is to take action upon it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2010, 07:12:55 PM »
hahaha that's rich ^
The cure for fear is to take action upon it.

Fortune favors the bold.

Time takes us all.

Offline Ninjatic Silver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • My facebook

Offline tracuerkid101

• Guenons
  • parkour is fitness at its finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2010, 01:25:22 PM »
EPIC WIN and thats what happens when people who are "stronger" then me try and they fail becasue they have no experience
The World. My Playground. 
The Streets. My Home. 
The Architecture. My Inspiration. 
The Fear. My Motivation. 
The Sweat, the Scars, the Pain. My Proof.
My Name. Traceur.

Offline A.A.H

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2010, 07:06:59 AM »
buckle up not an easy thing for me to go into.
lets start about... three years ago.
picture: a pissed off at the world thirteen year old, unsure of what he's going to do. torn between hurting people. or himself.
finds out that excersizing helps. starts.
never really gets far into it.
ZOOM FORWARD: two years fifteen year old. more pissed off. taking it out on everyone doesnt even know why hes pissed.
his friend mentions parkour. shows him a video he looks at it. and decides: I GOTTA LEARN THAT.
starts conditioning. and running finds it helps with his anger. And thats how it started..
Im less angry then i was by alot
parkour saved my life. literally I dont know where i would be without it

Love thine enemies because they are the instruments to your destiny.

Offline Scrag

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2010, 06:47:05 AM »
sports are more work than fun. i did everything from soccer, to baseball, to hockey, to swimming, to track, to wrestling, pretty much any sport you can think of. They we are more stress and work, than actually enjoying myself. My neighbor showed me a video of a group i cant remember unfortunately, they we mainly a gymnastics/acrobatics group, with a small segment in their videos where there went out in the streets. One tag read "free running," youtube + free running = the infamous russian video i want to call Dvinsk clan? search youtube russian parkour and im sure its #1 the guy in the gray sweatpants who runs from the dog near the middle? lol. and i fell in love when i saw it. roughly 5 years later im still improving myself, enjoying the art, meeting great people, attending jams, getting the best physical exercise i could ask for, and making some of my best friends in the crew i started 2 summers ago that peaked over 12 members =]  i wouldnt be me without Parkour...

,Scrag

Offline Lawrie

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2010, 04:17:33 PM »
My friend was really into it and wanted someone to train with so I agreed I would learn it with him. So I pretty much spent half of my summer holidays around our area training. He's done trampolining and gymnastics before where as I haven't done anything like it so mostly everything is new to me and he was teach me the ropes.

I remember back in July when we started all the jumps I made were so far apart and now they seem so easy. Just started learning jumping between bars and higher from the ground.

Offline Xander Gontier

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • GIR RULES!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/MidAir4
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2010, 04:37:41 PM »
Every since I was little I was very adventurous,I climbed every tree I could,it was just that quick.Then I found out what I was actually doing was,PARKOUR!Then I broke my leg,couldn't do anything for a while.About a moth ago I could run again,so I started parkour.Parkour is my life,it is the only thing I can do to get out of this Hellish world called life. :)
Garggle my balls!

Offline superdude88

• is 13!!
  • Mangabey
  • kris vachet
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2010, 10:08:22 AM »
youtube! when I was 9 like most other kids wanted to be a ninja i wtched a vid called urban ninja led me parkour and started for 2 reasons 1 it looked awsome 2 i was out of shape.
I'm Legend, 13, I'm Superdude

"No matter what you see in life see it as an obstacle see it as it can be over come."
-Me

Can't have a rainbow without rain

Offline michael callais

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2010, 04:13:08 PM »

well i play soccer so i like to run but i havent actually started yet in pk  :'( i have a knee enjury so i have to wait although tic tacs come naturelly

Offline Ninjatic Silver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • My facebook
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2010, 07:37:25 PM »
well i play soccer so i like to run but i havent actually started yet in pk  :'( i have a knee enjury so i have to wait although tic tacs come naturelly
Don't worry. I've started, I'm just not oh-so-good at it. Er. Rather. I could be had I not been born with a lung condition. I can't run long before I start breathing heavily. Once I pushed it and my friend had to help me because I stopped breathing and passed out. I would do freerunning however, I need a place to practice acrobatics. Which is why for my school video project, I'm winging it with luck.

Offline Michael Mayer

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2010, 08:02:14 PM »
When I was ten and thought I wanted to be a professional skateboarder but didn't know how to skate I realized it was easier to run around and "grind" with my feet and my hands. Fast forward eight years, still the most fun I have ever had.