Author Topic: So We Wanna Know...What Made You Start Doing Parkour/Freerunning?  (Read 141893 times)

Offline alxsmpgmr

• Patas
  • Satisfaction
    • View Profile
Re: So We Wanna Know...What Made You Start Doing Parkour/Freerunning?
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2010, 05:12:02 AM »
i wrote a paper on parkour for school and just loved it. i went on to do the level 1 pk class at apex movement, and start a small unofficial club at my school. that was a year ago that i wrote that paper, and i will never regret it.  ;D
I'm back!!!

Check out my first PK video! http://youtu.be/ZSrXyTv5bGs

Offline J. Howard31

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2010, 09:55:05 AM »
I actually learned of parkour through playing the splinter cell games.  Now im addicted!
Once you've lost all hope, your free to do anything.  -Fight Club

Offline parkour finatic

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2010, 06:13:04 AM »
i started parkour just out of the blue about 5 months ago, ive tried every other sport there is from wheel sports to snowboarding, and ball sports, and didnt like any of those so i came across parkour on youtube.com. Now i run around my comlex training and doing PARKOUR AND FREERUNNING.

Offline ragetree

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2010, 04:28:47 PM »
I was climbing a tree one day, and this kid was like "Hardcore parkour" and jumped over a fence.

I had no idea what it was, so I googled it.

Now I enjoy it :D

Offline tfox

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2010, 09:00:24 AM »
When I was a kid I was into BMX biking and aggressive roller blading (or "fruit boots" as the skateboarders called it). My friend and I began trying flips and other tricks that we already knew while we were running. We called it freestyle running.

Ten years later when I thought I was too old for that kind of stuff my brother showed me a freerunning video of a guy jumping off a building. I said, "that's too extreme for me". Eventually, through the internet, I found out that parkour is much more than just jumping off of things. I learned the history and philosophy and I started learning and training.

Offline TheParkourPanda

• Guenons
  • creating the path to be free- the parkour panda
    • View Profile
    • wfpf
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2010, 09:10:13 AM »
it pisses me off when people just look at me and go, "he's that guy who jumps off stuff" D:<
"no obstacles, no freedom"

Offline Ninjatic Silver

• Mangabey
  • It's just my...BASS CANNON!!!
    • View Profile
    • My facebook
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2010, 09:08:31 PM »
it pisses me off when people just look at me and go, "he's that guy who jumps off stuff" D:<
Every time I bring up parkour or freerunning and begin to describe it, there is ALWAYS one person that says "Oh is it like that building jumping shit or whatever? Yeah man that stuff's cool." and I continue to happily explain while cussing my brains out at them on the inside.

Offline TheParkourPanda

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • wfpf
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2010, 04:32:03 AM »
it makes me mad that most people generalize us at just people who jump from roof to roof and off of random objects.

the economy needs to open their eyes and look past the boundaries the community has set on their minds

Offline Elijah M

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • CTPK :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2010, 11:17:49 AM »
My buddy Josh was telling me about this thing he did Parkour, and he started vaulting railings, and running up walls. The next day i was reading an article in a magazine about this group of people who were training for when a zombie based apocalypse arrived(THATS WHAT IT SAID). And one of the things they trained was parkour. I went back to my friend and now we train together frequently. I LOVE IT :P
What a long, strange journey it's been...

Your main and only priority in life should be to keep your eyes on your landing spot.

Offline ParkourRulz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2010, 07:39:09 PM »
To tell the truth, I was  playing a mirrors edge and Assassins creed 2 and was like "How the f#ck does he do this''. . And I had no talent to show at the middle school talent show.I was looking for something beyond impresive and here I am.Teaching all my close friends the better way of walking home.When people look at me they call me monkey boy because I broke one of the tiles in the roof doing a wall run.
If you fail, then learn from your failure, and don't repeat the mistakes. ...

Offline Lawson Darnell

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: So I Wanna Know...What Made You Start Parkour/Freerunning?
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2010, 12:12:20 PM »
My friend Ryan told me about it shortly after he learned about it. He showed me some videos then I was hooked. I started looking at tutorials and practicing. It felt great.
I started the same way, Ryan and I had a class together and there was a really long counter and he was always vaulting it so I followed in his footsteps and instantly became hooked on parkour after he told me more about it and showed me some videos.
Impossible is just an excuse made up by people who are scared to try

Offline Dirtyd240

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2010, 02:06:23 PM »
I've alwayz did things differently to learn that it was a sport or way to get around was new to me so yeah I guess when I was able to run i started

Offline Ryan Jacobs

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2010, 02:46:15 PM »
I just got bored one day and decided to start doing Parkour, now I practice every day :D

Offline Dan M.

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2010, 03:29:27 PM »
I wanted to become a ninja, so I looked up how to become a ninja. One of the steps was to learn parkour, so I looked up what parkour was and decided to try it out cause it looked awesome. At the beginning I did it just because it looked cool, but now I do it to keep in shape and develop my mental confidence.
Goals
Backflip
B-Twist
Smooth Wall-Run

Offline jimmychoooutletstore

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • jimmy choo outlet store, save up to 70% on jimmy choos
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2010, 12:01:24 AM »
why are you doing that
i am a Jimmy Choo  and herve leger tracer, hope you will find what you love there:
http://jimmychoooutletstore.com/

Auroradream26

« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2010, 02:46:57 PM »
When I was little, all I ever did was climb trees, climb fences, and jump off anything (the higher the better). My mom always called me a monkey. I always wanted to learn gymnastics but my parents couldn't afford  anything for me. I just recently discovered parkour and I think it looks like the perfect fit for me. So, I've just got started training and got my brother in law into it too :)

Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2010, 03:45:34 PM »
I saw it on youtube  :P
Weight training alongside parkour always benefits, it never takes away.

Quote from: Joe Brock
It's like you are some kind of APK Angel...not the girly kind...but the big "Sodom destroying" ones!!!

Offline TheParkourPanda

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • wfpf
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2010, 04:45:43 AM »
To tell the truth, I was  playing a mirrors edge and Assassins creed 2 and was like "How the f#ck does he do this''. . And I had no talent to show at the middle school talent show.I was looking for something beyond impresive and here I am.Teaching all my close friends the better way of walking home.When people look at me they call me monkey boy because I broke one of the tiles in the roof doing a wall run.
monkeys have nothing to do with broken ceiling tiles whoever gave u the nickname was horribly retarted when trying to come up with a nickname for someone there is no relation between the name and the event
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 04:48:40 AM by TheParkourPanda »

Auroradream26

« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2010, 12:40:29 PM »
To tell the truth, I was  playing a mirrors edge and Assassins creed 2 and was like "How the f#ck does he do this'

Assassin's creed is what first brought it to my attention. I wondered if you could actually learn to do that stuff :) Then I found it on you tube ;)

Offline Ninjatic Silver

• Mangabey
  • It's just my...BASS CANNON!!!
    • View Profile
    • My facebook
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2010, 12:53:07 PM »
Assassin's creed is what first brought it to my attention. I wondered if you could actually learn to do that stuff :) Then I found it on you tube ;)
One of these days the villagers are going to be hiding rocks in those piles of hay.