Author Topic: September Jam  (Read 7329 times)

Offline Mazavam

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
September Jam
« on: August 29, 2010, 09:05:35 PM »
Hi Guys,

I have been training for a few months now and am wanting to check out the Pk scence over in Oahu. Just wondering when and were the next Jam is going to be september. I'll be in Oahu from the 9th-18th September.

Thanks
Maria

turtlekarma

Re: September Jam
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 12:00:07 AM »
next two jams are the 12th and 26th....the community decides the jam spots...I want to hear more recon from new people.  This is a community where too few people contribute to the planning of these jams.  Go out and explore your area and let us know about spots you like and we'll go to them. 

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 07:49:46 PM »
Post this on another thread bro "August Jams"
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 09:39:25 PM »
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/board,200.0.html

Remember people, browse the hotspots and suggest where we should be! This isn't some dictator ship where someone decides where we train. We all decide. Put in input. Where do you want to go? What do you want to do? I seen seven people at a jam where the forum had three people posting, only one of them was at the jam (not including me). Lets make this community stay strong. We have eight days to decide the next jam. Lez do tis!

Where I'd say is here
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,18646.0.html
I like that place :)
Either that or a hike. Sorry all I know is Wa'ahila Ridge Trail and Manoa Cliff Trail (though I like them a lot). I really think we should do some mov nat stuff; If you agree but think of other places throw 'em in.

Another thing for the jams. If anyone says can't, never, or impossible and someone catches them and calls it out 10 push-ups. If we need to say those words then:
can't=banana never=coconut impossible=mango
There was something about this that you have to stay positive or you will fail. We do this on chat. It's a fun little game that'll also keep us from putting ourselves down. Y'all agree?

We like hear from you. Nao.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" ~ Audrey Hepburn
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

turtlekarma

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 09:29:55 PM »
Another thing for the jams. If anyone says can't, never, or impossible and someone catches them and calls it out 10 push-ups. If we need to say those words then:
can't=banana never=coconut impossible=mango
There was something about this that you have to stay positive or you will fail. We do this on chat. It's a fun little game that'll also keep us from putting ourselves down. Y'all agree?

not disagreeing, but it's health to recognize ones limits....and perfectly okay to take your time working up to a goal.  I think Michael is just pointing out how supportive a group we are toward encouraging each individual to reach their own goals. 

turtlekarma

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 12:46:43 AM »
anyone feel like doing a natural jam?  for example a hike or a rocky beach that has some natural flow?  I have some ideas in mind, just giving another option.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 03:46:59 PM »
Natural jam sounds good. In our fridge we have that unnatural grape jelly that squeezes out of a plastic bottle. I miss natural jam.

I'd go for a hike or a beach that rocks. ;D

Positive is good. Knowing where you are in progression is good, too.
Some things people used to think were impossible are now fairly common [ie surfing Jaws]
Know your current limits. Push them. There are consequences to every choice...

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 04:54:16 PM »

G.... You are crazy man ;)

Natural Jam sounds good. rock hoping is fun.

Post your ideas.
 Ghandi

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 10:57:25 AM »
Ryan - he's talking to YOU. Post your ideas.

My idea would be get 8+ people, have fun training, eat some paleo food, submit pics to MDA and possibly win over 200 pounds of beef. If you've got 10 people, that's 20 pounds of beef, each! Contest details

As far as skills go, the stride is looking super useful. I'm training it more. Ozzi, will you be back from ADAPT?

turtlekarma

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 11:08:05 AM »
kokohead side, along the coast...the weather should be pretty calm this week so hopefully it should be nice.  I was there this past weekend and had tons of fun climbing, running, jumping and what not.  I didn't take too many pics, but the whole coast line is a real nice spot.  Maybe not too much to vault, but we could get creative. 

Offline Mazavam

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 05:17:52 PM »
Hi guys,

I've just arrived in Oahu and would sugest a spot for a jam but never been here before. I was hoping to doing something before i leave on the 18th September so i'm up for annything even if its a hike. I've jarred my ankel doing pression jumps so i'll do as much as i can. Would someone be able to give me direction or link to google maps regarding getting to the spot. Looking forward in meeting you guys.

:)

turtlekarma

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 06:22:47 PM »
Hi guys,

I've just arrived in Oahu and would sugest a spot for a jam but never been here before. I was hoping to doing something before i leave on the 18th September so i'm up for annything even if its a hike. I've jarred my ankel doing pression jumps so i'll do as much as i can. Would someone be able to give me direction or link to google maps regarding getting to the spot. Looking forward in meeting you guys.

Hey, um I think if you google this is the place where I think we can meet up....8450 Hawaii 72 Honolulu, HI 96825

Basically so you know you're going to the right place....head towards Koko head Crater, go around it on the coast line and we will be on the 2nd look out spot (the one with the blow hole). 

I guess that since no one else is against it we're going here.  Things to bring, sunscreen, water, shoes and clothing you don't mind getting wet.  it's a hike/climb.  My basic Idea is to traverse the coast line down for a bit more then a mile and hike back.  The rock formations are really beautiful, however since it's right next to the coast I have to caution you that the rock will at some times be unreliable in terms of supporting weight, so bring a cautious mind set if you're unfamiliar with the area.

call me if you get lost 808-754-4800 (my names ryan)

turtlekarma

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 06:27:24 PM »
Sunday the 12th of September JAM

When: 11am - 3pm
Where: 8450 Hawaii 72 Honolulu, HI 96825 (google this) basically the lookout (closest to sandies you) pass if you're on kalanianaole highway going around kokohead
What: Natural Jam/ hike
Stuff to bring: WATER, sunscreen, clothing you don't mind getting wet

notes: rock around this area can be iffy, so be cautious when moving around....call me if you need directions or whatever 808-754-4800

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 09:24:34 PM »
Google

I'm useful  :-Sarcasm

>.>

I'll try, I already have been told I can go out Sunday.

Okay, start shooting ideas for end of month jam. Come on :( It's always Ryan or Ozzi or my ideas.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 09:26:08 PM by Michael H. HIPK »
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" ~ Audrey Hepburn
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

turtlekarma

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 01:17:40 PM »
Sick pictures guy... wish I would have joined you earlier!
 Ghandi

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 01:51:22 PM »
nice!

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 03:23:02 PM »
If you wanna hear about my jam.

After I met you guys and did all the barefoot hike up that mountain at paradise beach, I did kokohead, then went to the mountains and had a barefoot hike up to the falls. Lost track of time and got dark on me. Had to retrace my steps back the slippery, rocky, muddy terrain with almost no visibility. I felt like a ninja at times, super clumsy others. Was pretty awesome though.
 Ghandi

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 12:01:30 PM »
So did you Kokohead with Michael? No vis hiking = such a pain. Makes for a good story, tho.

Offline Mazavam

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 06:31:17 PM »
Sick pic's guys.... Such a shame that i could not make it my food was still swollen from my injury. Will definelty plan it a bit better the next time i come here.