Author Topic: APK Traceuse Mentoring Program!  (Read 39090 times)

Offline misstanyamae

• Patas
  • I am come from a battle of Deeds Not Words.
    • View Profile
Re: APK Traceuse Mentoring Program!
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2010, 07:27:00 PM »
With all the mentorees applying, I feel some mentors have gotten lost in the fold. Just to reiterate, I'm happy to be a mentor, but it's also hard for me sometimes to browse through and contact ya'll. Seriously, feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll try to reach out to you as well!

I'd also like to make a shout-out here. I haven't heard from my mentorees in a while. I hope they see this and get back in touch. Otherwise, I'd be happy to take others on.
bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohooh

-James Joyce

her wounds     came     from the same source as her power
-Adrienne Rich

Offline calamity23

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2010, 08:38:23 PM »
*APK username/forum name: calamity23

*Requesting a mentor or Volunteering to be a mentor?: Requesting a mentor

*I would prefer it if my mentor/mentoree would contact me via: email

*Practicing parkour since: not yet

*Other athletic/physical experience: Boxing,BJJ,Muay Thai,JKD,Kali

*(Mentorees)- specific goals and/or concerns you have about your parkour practice:- I'm really short and i'm still a bit out of shape

*Do you have a specific mentor/mentoree that you would prefer to be paired with? no

Offline misstanyamae

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2010, 06:59:10 PM »
Yay for FMA girls! Modern Arnis right here.
bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohooh

-James Joyce

-Adrienne Rich

Offline Danielle O.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2010, 11:56:59 PM »
*APK username/forum name: Al3xis

*Requesting a mentor or Volunteering to be a mentor?: Requesting a mentor

*I would prefer it if my mentor/mentoree would contact me via: E-mail, AIM

*Practicing parkour since: tried a few exercises here and there recently

*Other athletic/physical experience: Field hockey in high school for three years, jujitsu (recently)

*(Mentorees)- specific goals and/or concerns you have about your parkour practice: I tend to hesitate on decisions and I would really like to break that hesitation by training my mind and body, but I'm not sure how to yet. I don't want it to hinder my techniques as I go along :/ I also don't have someone to practice with. I find self-training a little bit more challenging without someone helping to push me or motivate me. It's not that I'm not motivated, it's just that it's not the same feeling when I'm with a group of people. My goal is mostly to get over the mental block and live a healthy lifestyle through parkour.

*Do you have a specific mentor/mentoree that you would prefer to be paired with? No

*Any additional comments: I'm really fascinated with parkour, especially how it can be used as a way to exercise the body and mind, to go beyond our limitations! I need to get in shape first...

Offline Katherine Mercy B

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • DarkasNight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2010, 04:00:19 PM »
*APK username/forum name: DarkasNight

*Requesting a mentor or Volunteering to be a mentor? Requesting a mentor

*I would prefer it if my mentor/mentoree would contact me via: Email, PM

*Practicing parkour since: off and on but only really basic stuff

*Other athletic/physical experience: Martial arts [karate, tae kwon do] Gothic Fusion Belly Dance, Yoga,  gymnasics and latin and ballroom dancing

*(Mentorees) Please list any specific goals and/or concerns you have about your parkour practice: I need to start doing more but i have no clue where to begin

*(Mentors) Please list any specific expertise, knowledge, or experience that you have (parkour related or otherwise) that may be of benefit/interest to a mentoree:

*Do you have a specific mentor/mentoree that you would prefer to be paired with? (Please simply say "yes" or "no." You can share that person's name with me in a PM) No

*Any additional comments: I'm short as crap as well, 4'11"

Offline misstanyamae

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2010, 08:11:44 PM »
*APK username/forum name: DarkasNight

*Requesting a mentor or Volunteering to be a mentor? Requesting a mentor

*I would prefer it if my mentor/mentoree would contact me via: Email, PM

*Practicing parkour since: off and on but only really basic stuff

*Other athletic/physical experience: Martial arts [karate, tae kwon do] Gothic Fusion Belly Dance, Yoga,  gymnasics and latin and ballroom dancing

*(Mentorees) Please list any specific goals and/or concerns you have about your parkour practice: I need to start doing more but i have no clue where to begin

*(Mentors) Please list any specific expertise, knowledge, or experience that you have (parkour related or otherwise) that may be of benefit/interest to a mentoree:

*Do you have a specific mentor/mentoree that you would prefer to be paired with? (Please simply say "yes" or "no." You can share that person's name with me in a PM) No

*Any additional comments: I'm short as crap as well, 4'11"

Oh good, a hoosier! Check out the Indiana boards if you haven't already. Also, feel free to PM me or I'll PM you or whatever.

-James Joyce

-Adrienne Rich

Offline Katherine Mercy B

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • DarkasNight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2010, 11:33:29 AM »
Oh good, a hoosier! Check out the Indiana boards if you haven't already. Also, feel free to PM me or I'll PM you or whatever.

lol kk

(has checked the indiana forums lol )

^_^ great to see there is a section for us ladies though  ^_^

Offline MidknytOwl

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2010, 02:42:39 PM »
Don't know if this is still going on or not, but here's my info:

APK username/forum name: MidknytOwl

*Location: Las Vegas, Nevada (sometimes.  My field is seasonal so I spend at least half the year in various locations, but this is my hometown and where I go in between jobs)

*Requesting a mentor or Volunteering to be a mentor?: Reguesting a Mentor

*I would prefer it if my mentor/mentoree would contact me via: Email, but anything works really

*Other athletic/physical experience: (be as detailed as you care to): I was on the boy's wrestling and football teams in high school and played semi-pro football on a women's league a couple of years ago.  I do a lot of hiking now and dabble on occasion in soccer, but that's about it.

*(Mentorees) Please list any specific goals and/or concerns you have about your parkour practice: To be blunt, I'm short and fat.  I didn't use to be this fat, but I've always been and will always be a bulky girl.  Damn genetics.  I've also found that somewhere along the way I've become out of tune with my body.  It's like I don't trust it enough to try things, like I'm not comfortable or knowledgeable about what it can and can't do anymore.  It's one of the main things that is drawing me to Parkour - starting to trust and relearn my physically capabilities and then improve them, if that makes sense.

*Do you have a specific mentor/mentoree that you would prefer to be paired with? (Please simply say "yes" or "no." You can share that person's name with me in a PM): No

*Any additional comments: One thing I'm looking forrward to with Parkour is that it would be something I can do no matter where I am; being I move around a lot, it's been impossible to join another football team and complicates most things I've thought about trying, like martial arts.  I like that this is something I can take with me and do whether I'm in the middle of Vegas or living in a yurt in a town of 147 people, like my last job.

Offline calamity23

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2011, 07:48:51 PM »
APK username/forum name: calamity23

*Requesting a mentor or Volunteering to be a mentor?: Reguesting a Mentor

*I would prefer it if my mentor/mentoree would contact me via: Email

*Other athletic/physical experience: (be as detailed as you care to):trained in JKD, FMA, Muay thai, Jiu Jitsu, kick boxing

*(Mentorees) Please list any specific goals and/or concerns you have about your parkour practice: I'm only 4'11

*Do you have a specific mentor/mentoree that you would prefer to be paired with? (Please simply say "yes" or "no." You can share that person's name with me in a PM): No

*Any additional comments

Offline Brandee

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • MonkeeMoves
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2011, 10:33:46 PM »
Mentorees, feel free to pm or e-mail me!
"300 Characters"

Parkour Visions :: PKV

...Yeah, I'm my signature. Weird, right?

Offline Abby

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2011, 07:18:29 PM »
*APK username/forum name: AbbyKat

*Location (to the degree you feel comfortable: "Mountain Time Zone," or "Southwestern United States," are just as acceptable as "Denver, CO." Go with what you feel most comfortable sharing.) IL

*Requesting a mentor or Volunteering to be a mentor? wanting a mentor

*I would prefer it if my mentor/mentoree would contact me via (PM, email, phone, other) would love someone to txt

*Practicing parkour since: um 2-3 months, but im super deticated

*Other athletic/physical experience: (be as detailed as you care to) i used to be on the track team (2x4) my mother used to work with me and flexiblity

*(Mentorees) Please list any specific goals and/or concerns you have about your parkour practice: i dont really have any concerns, just want to talk to another girl who understands and will help get over some fear and help me improve.

*Do you have a specific mentor/mentoree that you would prefer to be paired with? no

*Any additional comments:

Offline Linda Watters

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2011, 08:51:06 PM »
*APK username/forum name: Linda

*Requesting a mentor or Volunteering to be a mentor? : Requesting a mentor please

*I would prefer it if my mentor/mentoree would contact me via:  PM (initially)

*Practicing parkour since: June 2011

*Other athletic/physical experience: I have been taking kick boxing classes since Jan 2011. I also take the cardio-kickboxing offered by my club.

*(Mentorees) Please list any specific goals and/or concerns you have about your parkour practice:

Winter is coming and I'm not sure if my local PK group will continue offering classes as we've been training outside all summer. I have some modest parkour goals (muscle-ups to clear that darn wall, kips and chin-ups)  that will require strength training on my part. I feel I will do a lot better if I have to report to someone on my progress/training. Also, once the Vancouver rains start, I have a habit of turning into a house hermit and would appreciate any tips on how to use my house as a gym. 

*Do you have a specific mentor/mentoree that you would prefer to be paired with? No preference.

I'm 45 and am coming to the game a bit later in life. I am fit for my age, however, I know that I will not progress as quickly as a 20 year old and am learning to pace myself. I have no interest in tricking (except perhaps for wall spins, those look like I won't kill myself doing them), however, I am investigating basic gymnastics as a way to improve my parkour. (i.e. re-learning dive rolls to help me conquer the fear of kongs, I hope) 

Trust the Ground, the Ground will always catch you.

Offline Linda Watters

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2011, 12:50:48 PM »
chirp, chirp, chirp.....the silence is deafening...Anyone, anyone....Buller?

Offline Sarai Brock

• PREGGERZ!
  • Patas
  • Life is a fairytale touched by the hand of God
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2011, 02:29:35 PM »
Sorry Linda... the girl who started this is not active in our community any longer... I'll check with the other mods & see if they have any idea how we want to work it out...
Because that's the way I tuck and roll...

Offline Linda Watters

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2011, 10:57:17 PM »
Thanks Sarai. I'll keep checking back for updates.

Offline Caitlin Black

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2012, 12:53:33 PM »
*APK username/forum name: Black33

*Requesting a mentor or Volunteering to be a mentor?: Requesting a mentor.

*I would prefer it if my mentor/mentoree would contact me via: email

*Practicing parkour since: About last week :)

*Other athletic/physical experience: Soccer for 4 years

*(Mentorees) Please list any specific goals and/or concerns you have about your parkour practice: Well, I wouldn't say I've officially started training yet.  I have pretty good coordination, and I'm working on getting in shape because my upper body is pretty weak.  I have a problem with mental blocks, though.  I convince myself that things are harder than they actually are.  Also, I live in a really rural area and don't have many places to train.

*Do you have a specific mentor/mentoree that you would prefer to be paired with?: no

*Any additional comments: I'm 18 and I'll be starting college in about a month.  I'm worried I won't have time to train.  But I really want to learn parkour and I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me out a little. :)

Offline Wendy Swearingen

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2013, 11:13:06 PM »
RedQueen65

South Carolina

Requesting a mentor.

Please contact me by email.

My only concerns right now are proper instruction.

I have no preferred mentor.

Offline Rsquared

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2013, 07:26:52 PM »
*Rsquared

*Mesa, AZ

*Requesting a mentor

*I would prefer it if my mentor/mentoree would contact me via PM or email

*Practicing parkour since:  I practiced parkour in 2011/2012.  I went through some life changes, started crossfit, and took a break.  I am looking to get back into it more aggressively than before

*Other athletic/physical experience: I am a crossfitter, I like to lift heavy.  Can do pullups (strict and kipping), pushups, etc.  Still working on strength. 

*(Mentorees) Please list any specific goals and/or concerns you have about your parkour practice:
      I would like to improve my gymnastic skills for crossfit.
      I want to be able to express myself through parkour in ways I cannot do in crossfit.  I truly want to be functionally fit and express that through freerunning/parkour.

*Do you have a specific mentor/mentoree that you would prefer to be paired with? No

I am a teacher, so my time is limited right now, but in the summer I will have much more free time!  I can't wait to start relearning parkour.

Offline Rebecca

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2013, 11:32:58 AM »
*Username: Rebecca

*Volunteering to be mentor

*I would prefer if my mentoree contacted me via email.

*Practicing parkour since August 2011

*Track, Cross Country, and Ultimate Frisbee along with my own routine of natural method exercises.

*I had the opportunity to go to the American Rendezvous in Columbus, OH last year and train with some guys from Parkour Generations which was definitely a great learning experience for me and actually inspired me to create my own parkour website to help newcomers. You can check it out @ www.parkourelements.webs.com (website still under construction. Not all content is available). Aside from those I think I have a lot of personal experience since I had to teach myself parkour from the ground up because when I started there were no groups around me and I (obviously) continue to train.

*No

*I will not be able to contact anyone the 12-22 this month because I will be in the Dominican Republic on a missions trip.

Offline magi192

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2014, 05:10:11 PM »
*APK username/forum name: magi192

*Requesting a mentor or volunteering to be a mentor? Requesting a mentor.

*I would prefer it if my mentor would contact me... via email, phone, Skype and/or in person.

*Practicing parkour since... the week of 04/13/14.

*Other athletic/physical experience: I walk a lot? Have been training with my physical therapist for a month now for my patellar tendonitis. Can run 4/3 mi now, so it's going good. I'm 5'4" and 147lbs, so definitely a bit overweight right now. Working on losing the fat in exchange for some muscle.

Looking for help in:
  • Advancing through a calisthenics strength training program.
  • Conditioning.
  • Accountability and female support.
  • Understanding flow and how to develop(?) it.
*Do you have a specific mentor/mentoree that you would prefer to be paired with? No.

*Any additional comments: I'm up for partnering up, regardless of the physical distance. I'm looking for a mutually supportive relationship. In regards to frequency of contact, I can do monthly/weekly progress reports. Ha! I sound ridiculously business-like, but I'm actually chill and can get randomly silly at times, too. That reminds me, be warned: I'm a sucker for cat gifs/vids and am known to spam messages with 'em. If you can handle that, we're good to go! :)