Author Topic: Why...  (Read 3808 times)

Offline Josh S

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Why...
« on: August 12, 2010, 07:29:51 PM »
are the Connecticut threads are so quiet??? I know I have nothing to post, is it the same with you guyz?

Offline Tim P

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Why...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 06:38:49 PM »
i think somebody already had this question, it was answered that they use nepk more, but i havent checked.

Offline Jacob Chess

• Mangabey
  • Peace, Love, Sole.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 06:22:38 AM »
NEPK is used a lot for the New England'ers. At least that is what I've been told. Connecticut is a difficult place to get Jams going because there are many that in location; spread apart.
"There is no problem so big it cannot be run away from."

10 push-ups/post! ^^

Offline Shyam Subramanian

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 03:35:07 PM »
I agree guys.  Anyone up for anything before the summer is over?  Any day is fine.  We've got some fantastic woods in Trumbull, actually I was exploring and found some land with a pretty long creek with loads of rocks, a cliff ranging from 30 feet in height to about 10, some mini islands (10ftx10ft?), and a small wooden bridge.

Sounds promising I guess, but I haven't found any time to train there yet. 

EDIT: That spot is extremely close to a pretty big wooden playground with railings, small wooden balance beams, a small sand pit, a few picnic tables, some big trees, soft grass, and a tiny water park with 4 or 5 fountains to cool off in if we get hot.  I have trained there and it's pretty awesome, thousands of oppurtunities.  It's got loads of different playthings that I haven't seen in any other playground.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 03:37:38 PM by Shay »
CTPK -|Trumbull Parkour|-

Offline Jacob Chess

• Mangabey
  • Peace, Love, Sole.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 01:40:19 PM »
I agree guys.  Anyone up for anything before the summer is over?  Any day is fine.  We've got some fantastic woods in Trumbull, actually I was exploring and found some land with a pretty long creek with loads of rocks, a cliff ranging from 30 feet in height to about 10, some mini islands (10ftx10ft?), and a small wooden bridge.

EDIT: That spot is extremely close to a pretty big wooden playground with railings, small wooden balance beams, a small sand pit, a few picnic tables, some big trees, soft grass, and a tiny water park with 4 or 5 fountains to cool off in if we get hot.  I have trained there and it's pretty awesome, thousands of oppurtunities.  It's got loads of different playthings that I haven't seen in any other playground.

That sounds amazing. I'm available only on Weekends because of my internship at Sloan-Kettering.

10 push-ups/post! ^^

Offline Josh S

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 10:51:04 AM »

Yes, that does sound quite amazing. I hope I can get a ride there soon.

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 11:35:47 AM »
Mmm...how does sometime next weekend sound guys? (next weekend being the one after this one). I can't make any promises yet but I'm pretty sure I have nothing to do.  We can just get some idea of who'd like to come and what time.

Offline Josh S

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 04:14:04 PM »
I might be able to come. I should be able to get a ride by then.

Offline Jacob Chess

• Mangabey
  • Peace, Love, Sole.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 05:21:40 AM »
Mmm...how does sometime next weekend sound guys? (next weekend being the one after this one). I can't make any promises yet but I'm pretty sure I have nothing to do.  We can just get some idea of who'd like to come and what time.

I'll be able to make it, hopefully. I'm not doing anything, but once again transportation might be trouble.

10 push-ups/post! ^^

Offline Elijah M

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • CTPK :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »
Yeah i deffinitely hope to make it, too. :/ If you could just clear up what day, and timing. I really hope to get together guys.
What a long, strange journey it's been...

Your main and only priority in life should be to keep your eyes on your landing spot.

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 10:02:35 AM »
Hmm...I'll know by tomorrow morning guys!  Most likely it'll be sometime sunday, does that sound good?

Offline Elijah M

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 10:04:17 AM »
Sounds great. Thanks very much, this place sounds fricken amazing, pardon my french.  ;D

Your main and only priority in life should be to keep your eyes on your landing spot.

Offline Josh S

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 10:30:04 AM »
OH! An address where we are meeting up will also be very helpful ;)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 06:01:56 AM »
Ok guys!  As of right now we will be meeting at the playground in Indian Ledge Park in Trumbull at 3:00 PM on Sunday the 29th.  Here are the directions, just ignore the part that says "High school parking" on the second page.  The directions can be a bit confusing so feel free to ask questions.  The park is on Whitney Ave.  I'm also going to post this in the jam section in a bit, peace!

http://www.irishfestival.org/Graphics/images_directions/Directions%20Printable.pdf

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 06:20:47 AM »
Here's the official thread, post in it if you're coming!

http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,29373.0.html

Offline Elijah M

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 06:24:47 AM »
Hey, I might show up a little earlier just to get more time in. Depending on whats up with my parents, we might have to leave around 3:30  :-\. but we'll see. Thanks very much again. Seeya then