Author Topic: MATC Downtown Campus OFF-LIMITS (temporarily?)  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
MATC Downtown Campus OFF-LIMITS (temporarily?)
« on: July 22, 2010, 12:34:13 PM »
Hi, all.

Recently we have gotten complaints from MATC downtown's security staff, and/or been asked to leave from there. Therefore, please be aware of the following:

1. If you are training there, and being a jacka$$, STOP. Don't let your jackassery ruin it for the rest of us. So far in Madison we've never had a huge issue with anywhere we have trained. I'd like to keep it that way. I can't imagine anyone from WIpk being a jacka$$, so it's probably not because of this, but I needed to say it anyhow just in case. Be aware that one person's normal training style is another person's jackassery, so it's generally best to err on the side of safety, seriousness, and politeness.

1a. If you are visiting from out of town/out of state and are training at any of Madison's spots, and are being a jacka$$, please go away. We don't want you to ruin it for those of us who live here.

2. DO NOT TRAIN AT MATC DOWNTOWN, PERIOD. I am in email communication right now with their head of security and also the Mayor's office to try to get this straightened out so we can train there again. So for now, just take it off your list and find other places to train until you hear back from me in this thread.

:)

Thank you for your understanding!
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Marquiz Xavier Teniente

• Patas
  • As the spirit wanes, the form appears.
    • View Profile
Re: MATC Downtown Campus OFF-LIMITS (temporarily?)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 06:48:43 AM »
Yeah after like the 3rd time I got kicked outta there I stopped going. Apparently it all stems back to a year or so ago some traceurs broke a table? That's what I was told anyways. The security guard I talked to was pretty cool about it and just advised "There's a whole city out there."
"In 1953-1954 we dérived for three or four months straight. That’s the extreme limit. It’s a miracle it didn’t kill us."
—Ivan Chtcheglov

Offline Paul Kannenberg

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 05:37:43 PM »
considering this is the "official rendezvous point" for the urban jams being held on some saturdays, are we going to move the meeting place or just meet there and move along without training on that property?

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 04:30:05 AM »
considering this is the "official rendezvous point" for the urban jams being held on some saturdays, are we going to move the meeting place or just meet there and move along without training on that property?
oh lol, i don't think people really go to those too often
i've showed up a few times just to wait for nothing
"In 1953-1954 we dérived for three or four months straight. That’s the extreme limit. It’s a miracle it didn’t kill us."
—Ivan Chtcheglov

Offline Paul Kannenberg

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 01:15:11 PM »
wow in that case i must have gotten lucky. they happened both times i went.

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 06:08:32 AM »
Keys, hopefully when you've been out there you've trained, at least, even if no one is there. ;)

Paul, for now let's keep it as the meeting spot and have people move on without training. I am still in email with them and this may take several months as we try to schedule times to meet with the authorities, etc.

Thanks, everyone, for your patience with this. I will keep you posted as things develop.

Also, just as a refresher, please take a look at this thread:
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,19749.0.html
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 06:48:52 AM »
wow in that case i must have gotten lucky. they happened both times i went.

lol to be fair i haven't gone in a while so i really would have no way of knowing if anyone has gone recently. but yeah i've been training pretty hard. well i had to take an extended break, doctors orders. but i'm back at in and want finish off this summer with some madpk. i'll have to head to the next one. we'll be sure to hit up some good spots, but i generally avoid training at MATC
—Ivan Chtcheglov