Author Topic: Moorhead/Fargo Parkour  (Read 4598 times)

Offline NTARelix

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Moorhead/Fargo Parkour
« on: July 13, 2010, 10:26:57 AM »
Next month I'll be going to MSUM for my freshman year. One of my friends from high school is coming with and I know a few others from my high school that already attend MSUM. Most of them are interested in Parkour so I already have about 3 - 5 ready to start as soon as we get there. Classes start August 21st (I think???) and I should be arriving on campus on the 18th.
One of my friends said there aren't any good places for training up there but I doubt that's true. Has anyone been in the area and trained there? Any specifically good places to look for?
We would be willing to meet with other traceurs if you're interested.
It would be awesome if there's already a Parkour group somewhere up there but I haven't seen anything yet so I might have to start one.
I'm not very fit but I've been training diligently since I found this website. I'm already seeing and feeling some improvement.

-Relix

Offline Joseph S

• Patas
  • Blissfully wed to a derby skater who likes Parkour
    • View Profile
    • Geek Physique
Re: Moorhead/Fargo Parkour
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 07:20:53 AM »
A buddy of mine is a grad student at NDSU.   You want his info?  He's been looking for traceurs to start learning.
"Age is a constant reminder that nothing is accomplished without a routine."

Offline Hubichuk

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 12:03:27 AM »
I've lived in Fargo/Moorehead for a few years.  If you're looking just to train I would try one of the highschools I'm sure theyd let you use their gymnastics areas, otherwise if you want to just use the street, Downtown Fargo has the best architecture.  So does MSUM campus for creativity, but security personnel can be 'touchy'

Offline Wataru

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 05:44:12 PM »
Relix, I hope you come back to this thread!  I'm at MSU, too, and just realized that I need to get back in shape before spring comes so I can hit the streets.  If you do check this again, or anyone else at MSU (particularly because then we can use the gym together), text/call me or email me.  Phone number's 651 442 7703 and my email is jakubowskik09@gmail.com

Offline Spencaaa_M

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 09:49:24 PM »
I'm attending Concordia and I'm starting to do weekly parkour workouts with track practices during weekdays.  I'm training with a friend for the time being but when the weather warms up and after the flood goes away If you'd want to do a meet up I'd be down for that.  Some spots that I think would be good in Fargo would be the US Bank Plaza or the big stairs just across the Main Ave Bridge.
Run, Swim, Stay Fit, Have Fun