Author Topic: Colossal 2010 Feedback Thread  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Cody Beltramo

• Patas
  • SSJ3500
    • View Profile
    • SSJ3500.net
Colossal 2010 Feedback Thread
« on: June 27, 2010, 11:15:42 PM »
Well, as it is now Monday the 28th, the Colossal Jam of 2010 is definitely done and over with.  So I'd like to know, what were your opinions on it?  This year a lot of things were a lot different than previous years, due to forces of nature, Chicago holding 2 major events in the city, and us just trying a few different things.  So, what were your opinions on the jam?  How was it overall, what did you like, what you didn't like or would like to see changed for next year, and if you were from out of state, did you believe it was worth the trip and plan to come back for Colossal 2011?

Post up anything you can think of to help us make Colossal 2011 as epic as it can be.

Offline Joseph S

• Patas
  • Blissfully wed to a derby skater who likes Parkour
    • View Profile
    • Geek Physique
Re: Colossal 2010 Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 05:42:23 AM »
Apex (Travis) made the jam for me.  Thanks for the conditioning drills (although I also hate you for that) and for guidance on transitioning up on wall runs.  Accommodations were great.

Loved the diversity of people who showed up.  There was some cohesion issues, though.  Felt like we fragmented far too much.  Someone else may know why.

Go Team Cricket Wireless!!!

I have to come back. 
Does anyone have a name for that catapult thing done with Natalie?  That was amazing to watch.

Fix the cop issues.  I know that's Parkour in the USA, but local traceurs told me they train there every week and don't get bothered.  Why were we bothered on Sunday, then?  Proximity to Taste of Chicago, perhaps? 

Barbecue or something would have been nice.
"Age is a constant reminder that nothing is accomplished without a routine."

Offline Jacob Siler

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
Re: Colossal 2010 Feedback Thread
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 09:05:23 AM »
Saturday really felt like it was broken apart, kinda wanted a bigger "jam atmosphere". I wish i could have been there on Sunday but i got a stomach flu from a gymnastics camp that i coached the week b4. On that point i apologize to anyone that gets a 24 hour stomach flu after being in Chicago.

Jake Siler
Doctorate of Chiropractic student at Life University

Bachelors of Science in Exercise Science from Western Michigan University

*post are not a medical suggestion, or expert advice. Just sharing knowledge and experience.