Author Topic: WTF Gym..  (Read 4713 times)

Offline RedEye420

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: WTF Gym..
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2010, 12:14:24 PM »
Shenanigans?

haha at least it wasn't me this time...
no professional would ever meet a kid for the first time and tell him to hang off of a 3 story ledge...that's just ridiculous....another great story though!

Offline John Walker

• Guenons
  • Be Proud - To Be Strait!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2010, 06:53:57 PM »
Yeah, this is ridiculous and no trainer or even practitioner should be doing anything even remotely like that. If what you say is true, this is a very serious problem and allegation!

like i said.. i think it was to make a point.. dont run before you can walk...
"I do not affirm nor deny the immortality of man. I see no reason to believe it but I do not have any means to disapprove it.“

Offline Dan Frank

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formless, shapeless, like water.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 04:15:10 PM »
like i said.. i think it was to make a point.. dont run before you can walk...

As I post this, I'm wondering whether I should bother... but I don't believe your story. The premise is rather preposterous in the first place, and relies entirely on the astronomical odds of meeting anyone doing this, and of you being stupid enough to go along with it as well (and I happen to doubt that you are).
I also doubt that you could hang from a ledge for 6 minutes (let alone 15), especially if you weren't even able to pull yourself up in the first place. And then you somehow mustered the strength that you didn't have 15 minutes earlier to pull yourself up? I can do climbups in my sleep, and I think I can manage 6 minutes of hanging on a wall with no overgrip, but I certainly can't do 15 minutes and I wouldn't have a chance of doing a climbup by the end.
I don't know. It's not a believable story, at least the way it was told. If you just fabricated the story or exaggerated or whatever, just come clean now, please. We understand. We'll forgive you. There's just no reason for lying on this forum.
Dedication is the basis of success in all things. The achievement of one's goals will ensue naturally if one is dedicated.

Offline Brian Gif Galvez

• Mangabey
  • Working Hard and Hardly Working
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100001088661451&ref=profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2010, 04:25:15 PM »
As I post this, I'm wondering whether I should bother... but I don't believe your story. The premise is rather preposterous in the first place, and relies entirely on the astronomical odds of meeting anyone doing this, and of you being stupid enough to go along with it as well (and I happen to doubt that you are).
I also doubt that you could hang from a ledge for 6 minutes (let alone 15), especially if you weren't even able to pull yourself up in the first place. And then you somehow mustered the strength that you didn't have 15 minutes earlier to pull yourself up? I can do climbups in my sleep, and I think I can manage 6 minutes of hanging on a wall with no overgrip, but I certainly can't do 15 minutes and I wouldn't have a chance of doing a climbup by the end.
I don't know. It's not a believable story, at least the way it was told. If you just fabricated the story or exaggerated or whatever, just come clean now, please. We understand. We'll forgive you. There's just no reason for lying on this forum.

Well i think everyone exaggerates a little when telling a story. Just a little what may seem like 15 minutes to him could be 2 min in reality

Offline Zach

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2010, 05:10:15 PM »
hmmm no offense man but that was kind of a stupid thing to do. first of all who goes to the top of a building with some guy he doesn't even know, I know it sounds crazy but what if he was a f***ing molester or serial killer lol. and secondly hanging over the side of a roof because a stranger told you to doesn't sound very safe. it's good that you trust people so much but don't take to many chances.

Offline Hazim Salem

• Hirundo Rustica
  • On my own, but not alone.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2010, 05:26:56 PM »
hmmm no offense man but that was kind of a stupid thing to do. first of all who goes to the top of a building with some guy he doesn't even know, I know it sounds crazy but what if he was a f***ing molester or serial killer lol. and secondly hanging over the side of a roof because a stranger told you to doesn't sound very safe. it's good that you trust people so much but don't take to many chances.

Remember the McDonald incident? The manager, with the aid of another employee, stripped-searched an allegedly-fugitive female employee, and forced her to do horrible sexual acts (giving him a blowjob somehow proves she's innocent) , just because a cop-imposter told him to do that ON THE PHONE. The imposter managed to repeat that FOUR TIMES in different places.

We humans have horrible submission to "authority". I wouldn't be surprised if the OP did what the "gym instructor" told him.

Watch.

Of course, I'm not saying if the OP is truthful or a liar; just putting out the good possibility that anyone of us could've done the same thing.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 05:28:35 PM by Hazim »

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2010, 05:46:17 PM »
Holy crap, that stunned me...
Fun fact!
my dad was on that show, he stopped someone from "stealing" gas from another person
i'll try to find the video
Shut up and Train
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere
The moment you stop fighting is the moment you lose.~Dan Kelley
Repeat after me, I am free.

Offline John Walker

• Guenons
  • Be Proud - To Be Strait!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2010, 07:03:10 PM »

wasnt like i was hanging there.. my feet were touching the edge thingy.. idk how to discribe it.. ill take a picture over the weekend for ya'll who dont belive meh!

Come clean? I tould mah story... plus mah dad as much as an douche he is.. when i was little use to make me do physical stuff for HOURS at a time for doing something as little as eating chips before dinner..

Sitting in pushup pos. <-- wasnt to bad..
Squats agaist the wall <-- hated them..
Hang on the pull up bar in the gym room <-- hated that even more..
Run around the house <-- was alright, kinda fun actually

and a bunch of others.. So im use to things like that.. really, belive me or not it happen.. when i go back to the gym again ill even take a picture with the guy, and if all thats not proof.. well sorry bro, but i guess you aint gonna belive it, so im not going to even try to talk you into it. really isnt worth my time.

Edit: At that.. i may even take up to prove that you can sit there for 15 mins hanging onto something.. When ever my wrist/hand gets better ill make a video with a clock infront of my camera with me sitting there hanging onto something for 15 mins.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 07:05:17 PM by John Walker »
"I do not affirm nor deny the immortality of man. I see no reason to believe it but I do not have any means to disapprove it.“