Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 5764 times)

Offline darko

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Introductions
« on: September 27, 2006, 03:08:38 PM »
I konw the transition to the forums is going to be difficult, mainly bc we relied on ppl pictures to recognize each other which was next to your post, but here we dont have that kind of luxury

just so we could familirize each other with our names, i guess i wanted to put the suggestion that we introduce ourselves here, so we can keep track of who's on the forum and who isnt

im Kirk, class of '10 and i have been doin pk for about 3 months. On facebook i have the picture of me (as of now) about to jump from one ledge to another.

Offline x[Exodus]x

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 09:16:04 PM »
I'm Patrick.  Class of '10, too.  Been free-running for a long time..Just like to climb random things and jump things..so I'm trying to see what this group is all about.

Offline rgalginaitis

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 10:13:27 PM »
Ryan Galginaitis, '10
Never done either parkour or freerunning before but Internet videos got me interested.
I already know it's going to be a lot of fun.

Offline Yixin (pronounced ee-shin)

• Patas
  • I am Yli
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 06:46:08 PM »
Yixin Li, freshman.
I want to learn a new skill, and get in shape.
"Madness.  (Sparta, etc.)"-Graham Hughes

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 04:14:42 PM »
Man, I feel old.

Steven Low, senior ('07)

Uhh, I did parkour before I knew what it was really... I love climbing over obstacles and navigating my way through stuff so Parkour was pretty much natural for me once I found out about it nearly 11-12ish months ago.

Yeah, I am majoring in biochemistry but I *LOVE* exercise and know a lot about weight training. I am also in Gymkana and do gymnastics. :) If anyone needs a training program or wants me to condition with them, I am up for that.
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline Draxis

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 12:21:24 PM »
I'm Patrick, class of 2010, i'm a diver and love any kind of acro-activity, new to pk but I learn fast

Offline JMD

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 09:06:42 AM »
John-Michael. been doing this for a little under a year and am amazed how much better i am now. I am the second in command of the UMD free-runners.

Offline pr gringo

• Patas
  • DANGER MONKEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 01:43:39 PM »
hey im Brian.  i grew up in DC and now my folks live in greenbelt, but i gotto school in north carolina.  But i will be back for school breaks n stuff, including winter break which starts in like 3 days!!! so ill be home in MD for about 3 weeks or so. 

and this probably isint the right forum "place" to ask this, but do ya'll still meet up weekly at the UMD campus, and will you still be around/jammin over breaks?? i would love to come out with yall cause i live like 10 minutes from campus.

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 03:01:29 PM »
Most of us are going home over break. However, there will be some stuff in Bethesda probably during the break which as you should know is accessible by the metro.

Head over to the "Mid Atlantic Forum" (at the bottom of the states forums) and check out the jam threads there. There is one coming up 12/23 I believe in Bethesda.
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book