Author Topic: New Member  (Read 694 times)

Offline Marine and Parkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« on: April 03, 2010, 07:07:24 PM »
  I am looking to really get into parkour.  I read the Welcome forum, and besides what is listed there, what would veterans tell me I should do considering I have never done anything like parkour before?  I just started looking for groups in my area, such as Ann Arbor, MI and believe I found one.

Is there anything I should know that will keep me from killling myself?  I only want to hurt myself in the RIGHT way doing these exercises ect, not doing something completely stupid  8)

Appreciate all advice, suggestions, and questions I should answer to help you guys help me!

Offline Nick Stone

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Not Quite Evil.
    • View Profile
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »
Welcome!

Well, train, lift weights, run, just condition yourself for it in general to get ready. Best advice I can give you there.

To stay safe, keep off roofs, don't do anything you're not ready for and have a sharp eye for danger. Also, remember to ask for owner's permission before going on private property, and always obey laws and listen to police officers and people in authority. If someone complains or tells you to leave, don't ignore them or be mean. Just say you're sorry and leave.

Have fun!
And you can quote me on that.

Offline Marine and Parkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: New Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 06:38:54 PM »
thanks for the advice!

I figured about the rooftop thing lol :D