Author Topic: Comparing KSO's to 5.10 v2?  (Read 825 times)

Offline Alec H

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Comparing KSO's to 5.10 v2?
« on: March 07, 2010, 04:15:09 PM »
So I currently have the Alien Glow Freerunners as my only Parkour shoes.  I'm getting a pair of VFF KSO's for my birthday (end of march) and I want to know how they compare in all the classes. (Durability, breathability, weight, etc)

Offline Kyle Waite

• Patas
  • No, I'm not a parkourist, why do you ask?
    • View Profile
Re: Comparing KSO's to 5.10 v2?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 04:30:43 PM »
Durability: I can't say for sure. I've had my V2's for about 8 months (I think), and I now have large flat patches on both shoes. My V5F's, I've only had for around 2 months. Their soles are holding up, but the siping is starting to wear a bit. The upper on the V5F's WILL tear. The little piece of rubber on the toe of the V2's has started to come up, on the left shoe.

Breathablility: I don't pay attention to this. I never have. I'd have to say, however, the V5F's will breathe better, due to the nature of the shoe.

Weight: The V2's are way heavier. Comparitively. The V5F's are like a sock. The V2's feel about like most shoes to me, MAYBE a bit heavier.

Price: You already know this. They're prettymuch identical in this area.

Cushioning: Night and day. I've always found the V2's to be very padded. The V5F's are rubber. NO padding. NONE. I always feel the same ammount of impact, though, it seems, due to the V5F's correcting my form.

My experiences.