Author Topic: Vibram Five Fingers KSO review  (Read 2534 times)

Offline xXJeremyXx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Vibram Five Fingers KSO review
« on: February 26, 2010, 09:46:38 PM »
FIT:
4/5 due to the sizing
these shoes fit amazingly well, but im not too sure how " true to size they are" due to the fact i wear a size 12 vans, and 12 would be a 44 in the VFFs but i had to get a size 42 to fit well.

FLEXIBILITY:
5/5
as everybody has expressed the vibram Five Fingers are intensely flexible, all tho it takes a little getting used to if you try to bend your toes down

WEIGHT:
5/5
the absolute heaviest shoes ive ever worn in my life :-Sarcasm

but no, they seriously have almost no weight to them, you bearly even realize they are on half the time

GRIP:
4/5
i havent really done too much with the VFFs but as far as i can tell they get great grip, much more then vans, but they do slip on some wet surfaces, like metal, finished wood.. but overall they are great in grip

BREATHABILITY:
4/5
they breath but they can get hot

CUSHIONING:
5/5
due to the lack of cushioning you really learn to improve technique fast
some people like cushioning but im not too big on it so these are amazing

Durability
cant really say, i haven't had them long enough

Price
at 85 dollars, i dont think its something you'd absolutely need, but they are nice to have

GENERAL COMMENTS:
you do get weird looks whilst wearing the VFFs but hey, its not like people look away when you practice parkour/ freerunning

and off topic, i dont even know why i have vans i dont even skateboard..
and i should be getting the five ten chase when they come out so look forward to a review on those

also they can be hard to find in black, i went to 3 different stores and searched the hell out of the internet before i found a pair in my size, heads up, check amazon.com first ;)

be gentle, this is my first shoe review.

The Bottom Line:
i think these are amazing shoes and so far they are well worth the price, but as i said before, they are not a nescesity, and if you had the money to blow away i would highly recoment getting them

Pros: grip, lack of cushioning, barefoot feel,
Cons:bad grip on some wet surfaces, you may have sizing trouble, hard to find

We don't go "Parkouring".. We practice Parkour, looking past what lies as obstacles to most to find our own way

Offline Shawn Meilicke

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour: my anti-drug
    • View Profile
Re: Vibram Five Fingers KSO review
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 12:11:05 AM »
i agree with everything said here

i got mine monday night and have worn em every day since...

additional comments: they arent very comfy for the first few hours you have them on, give em some break in time!!

i also just washed mine for the first time last night (using gain original powder) and even though i put em through two rinse cycles they still seem to have an odd scent (not strong or bad, just like they didnt get amazingly clean) so next time i think ill try hand washing them. however, after washing them they fit much better (i really dont know why).

-to those that just got em, i found its easier to put them on if you put your heel all the way in then worry about your toes, so, the exact opposite of the directions, lmao

also ill be writing my own review on them in a few weeks once i can get out more (the snow should melt this week)

@OP: nice review dude
"Though all the world may hate us, we are named.
The shadow overtake us, we are known
We're more than carbon and chemicals
Free will is ours and we can't let go
We are the image of the invisible"
-Thrice

1+1=10

Offline xXJeremyXx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 03:07:07 PM »
thanks shawn,
the reason they might fit better is because washing it makes the fabric less stiff.
yeah they arent comfortable at fist.. then again very few shoes are..

the only thing i hate about using them in the winter is... not the fact that my feet get cold.. no... the fact that if you step in some slush it goes right between your toes and makes your toes wet..

and i think its great when people look at my feet with a puzzled wtf expression on their face.
We don't go "Parkouring".. We practice Parkour, looking past what lies as obstacles to most to find our own way

Offline TheJoker1888

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • aHaHAhaHa!
    • View Profile
    • Team Blackwatch
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 11:19:44 AM »
Quick question. I wear 12/13 for most shoes. But I was trying on some Vibram's today and I ended up finding the 11 1/4 to fit me best. Should I still go with 12? Is it just cause they're a bit different that I'm not used to tha fit, or should I go with the 11 1/4? o.O

The Joker
Quote from: The Joker
Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!
Name: Dustin
Callsign: The Joker

Offline xXJeremyXx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 04:43:41 PM »
Quick question. I wear 12/13 for most shoes. But I was trying on some Vibram's today and I ended up finding the 11 1/4 to fit me best. Should I still go with 12? Is it just cause they're a bit different that I'm not used to tha fit, or should I go with the 11 1/4? o.O

The Joker

personally i went with the one that fit my foot the snuggest without getting too tight

Offline Shawn Meilicke

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour: my anti-drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 07:43:09 PM »
yeah i would go with the one that feels good. most running shoes people tend to be sized about half an inch longer than the foot. i wear a size 10 and my vibrams are apparently like a size 6 (i dont really know what that site is talking about, i cant get my foot in an 8 at all, lmao)

and remember that the womans and mens shoes are made exactly the same but womens use 6th and 8th inches for measurement as opposed to the mens which uses half and 4th inches. so dont go by gender, go by fit
"Though all the world may hate us, we are named.
The shadow overtake us, we are known
We're more than carbon and chemicals
Free will is ours and we can't let go
We are the image of the invisible"
-Thrice

1+1=10

Offline TheJoker1888

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • aHaHAhaHa!
    • View Profile
    • Team Blackwatch
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 08:54:14 AM »
Stupid conversions. xD

All right, thanks guys. Appreciate tha help. ^^

The Joker
Quote from: The Joker
Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!
Name: Dustin
Callsign: The Joker

Offline Casey Boatwright

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 10:46:06 PM »
for VFF's you don't want extra room like you do for normal shoes,  it gets in the way n will make em tear.     still  AMAZING SHOES!!!!
You live a filtered life.-
Everyone dreams of changing the world, I only want to change it back.-
In Myth, God Is Force.