Author Topic: foot work dancing  (Read 1807 times)

Offline jp2ykz

• Mangabey
  • Jamison
    • View Profile
foot work dancing
« on: March 01, 2010, 05:52:26 PM »
I have mentioned this to help people with a variety of different things and thought it was worth making it it's own thread.

This technique is for increasing agility and athletic balance and I accredit this tool to much of my pk/fr progress.

Foot work dancing (for lack of a better term) Just hop around on the balls of your feet kind of like a kickboxing stance. Then just quickly switch which foot is forward do some fake outs find where your arms give you the best balance. Move in all directions, spin to your left and right with different feet forward, jump spin in both directions. When you are doing this try to keep your flow good and smooth (music may help.) If you are stumbling then you still need work; you can also slow it down if you need to. If you get it down then try to speed it up!!

One of the biggest things is to be creative. Play with getting to angles where you would fall and spin/jump to catch your self. You can even mix in some quadrupedal movement. 

Now the advanced version. At this point in my training I rarely do the ground version but I am sure that it would still help. What I do do, is rail dancing on handicap ramp rails. WEEEEE!!!! trust me this is fun but make sure you stay safe with your progression.

Please try which ever one of these apply to you or both and share your story and results here.   
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 11:17:15 PM by jp2ykz »
Konging low stuff is stupid. Just jump over it. Or just do a cool flip over it.

Offline zac

• Guenons
  • The earth is my gym.
    • View Profile
Re: foot work dancing
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 06:42:56 PM »
This is a great workout. I am totally going to do this all the time and especially just sitting around bored.

Offline Jumpman23

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 07:02:46 AM »
I do the advanced workout but instead of on a handicap rail i use this wooden rail i made which is just a little thicker then a rail but still for practice. I HIGHLY recommend making your own to practice ballance on and this workout.

Offline I am who I am

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 02:42:45 PM »
Any chance anyone has or knows of some videos so I can get a visual on how to do this? Seems like a great thing to do

Offline DevintheNinja

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 02:40:37 AM »
this is a good workout. I have some of my tkd doing something similiar for sparring and balance for kick combos
LVPK-Las Vegas Parkour
Urban Aces LV
I'm a security guard that WILL CHASE YOU!!!!!
Devintheninja's twitter page

Offline jp2ykz

• Mangabey
  • Jamison
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 11:26:21 PM »
I'll try to get a vid up soon but in the meantime think about some of the footwork stuff that you see on Bruce Lee vids. This is not the same but it gives a pretty good idea even though it's more martial arts specific. it also breaks it down allot better than I will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxTg6f_fYT0
Konging low stuff is stupid. Just jump over it. Or just do a cool flip over it.