Author Topic: Kong To Help  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Sala

• Patas
  • Cell:230.4570 Hit me up! We go Train
    • View Profile
Kong To Help
« on: February 23, 2010, 08:40:14 PM »
Surely youve all seen a move like this

Kong to Precision
Kong to Cat
etc

My question is specifically for Kong to Precisions.

The First object is about 3~4 1/2 ft High. with about 4 feet in between the second object which is ~3 1/2ft.
I can flawlessly (exaggeration) execute a kong to cat on this object.

Now for the actual Question.
I cant seem to tweak my set up enough to get the proper power/speed to get and keep my legs high enough to stick a precision.
my legs are coming up to short for a precision....So what kind of set up should i utilize in order to get the air to get my legs up to stick the precision?

I know my explanation is sketchy, hopefully i can get a video.
If we cant make love, we can always make peace. Cant we?

Offline Shyam Subramanian

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Kong To Help
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 01:43:49 PM »
Yeah, a video would help.  But I've got a few ideas for ya ;).

Are you diving into the kong?  If so, it's going to be much harder to keep your legs up for 4 feet.  Try entering the kong closer to the object so your upwards momentum stays with you longer, which would allow you to get higher before you hit the second object.

If that doesn't work, or if you're doing that already, try improving your hamstring flexibility to stretch your legs longer.  This would let you hit the top of the second object more easily.

If none of this stuff works, maybe someone else can help you out lol.  Or maybe you just need more practice...?  Idk, like I said, a video would help.
CTPK -|Trumbull Parkour|-

Offline Sala

• Patas
  • Cell:230.4570 Hit me up! We go Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 12:26:39 AM »
ahh i see.

Im semi diving into the kong >_< a bias towards forward momentum. ill try to enter (even) closer to the object.

Hamstring flexibility seems like it would be nice to have ^_^

Tyvm for these tips. Ill most likely have a video up come monday when i go back to school, cause thats where the spots at aha

once again. Thank you.
If we cant make love, we can always make peace. Cant we?

Offline jhonshadow

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 04:43:26 AM »
same problem here only problem is
what you mean with the diving into the kong part

you mean like jumping like few feet before first object and give extra push in the air from the kong

or you mean go low while running and try push up in the air??

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 05:08:24 AM »
Lol no problem  ;).

Offline jhonshadow

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 05:57:39 AM »
Lol no problem  ;).

so what is it plz? jumping early or pushing up high close to the object?

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 09:30:54 AM »
Lol sorry, I didn't see your comment.

Well, in kongs over long objects you see people extending their whole body and putting their hands at the end of the object.  They dive over it.  So I suggested to Sala that maybe he's diving to the object.  After the dive, the body essentially doesn't have enough momentum to go up again, so it goes straight down.  So if you were to not dive into the kong, you could keep your upwards momentum for a longer time and then get over the object, which would allow you to land on top of it. 

But if you wanted to go into a cat leap from the kong, you would want to dive from a few feet away from the first wall so you would go down after the kong, which would allow you to grab the top. 

Sorry, I would make a video but I don't have anything to do these to over the moment lol.

Offline jhonshadow

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 11:50:12 PM »
well kong to cat I'm able to do but it was the kong to precision I wasn't getting :p
tnx will train in rain today maybe can do some kong to precisions

turtlekarma

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 11:11:08 AM »
come to one gym session, I bet since you've been doing pk for a while you could get it real fast...hawaii academy has great obstacles for this.  if not, i try to throw it like I want to kong over the second object.  I usually end up doing a tap down or safety vault looking kind of landing before I am comfortable with sticking it. 

Offline redoctober

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 12:45:51 AM »
As you are running towards the first object try dipping down and then exploding upwards to meet it. Use your hands to throw yourself up and forward. This should get you more heighth and distance than a regular "dive" at the first object.
"And if you insist on using (gloves), make sure they match your purse." -Mark Rippetoe