Author Topic: Boise Parkour  (Read 4501 times)

Offline JDxcorps

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Boise Parkour
« on: February 23, 2010, 02:38:15 PM »
I am new at parkour and am looking for people to train/run with.  I am an 8 year Marine veteran and do a lot of conditioning, running, climbing, bouldering, and some martial arts.  It is not parkour perse but pretty relevant I think, hopefully I won't be completely out of my league here.

I am in the Boise area and am down at BSU daily.  Are there any groups around here, or people that are willing to take in a couple of newbys?

Offline JDxcorps

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Boise Parkour
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 10:37:08 AM »
Hey I have been watching and reading tutorials, me and a couple of other newbie traceurs are training.  We welcome any one to jam with us, other newbies as well as veterans.
We train on and around BSU campus and other down town locations.

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 06:56:37 PM »
Well first off let me say Welcome to APK! :)

I'm new to Boise, just moved here about 3 months ago and I'm still a newbie learning parkour. I noticed that you have been watching tutorials! That's good, because about 80% of us traceurs and traceuses learn from YouTube, myself included. I must enforce this, please don't train on roofs, that's just not safe. I also see that your a Marine veteran, first off thanks for serving our country & I give you mad respect for that, and you have conditioned quite alot and that's a good thing. Feel free to ask anyone at APK for help because we all love to give it. :) Once I feel like I'm conditioned enough I might come and jam with you and your friends.

Safe training and enjoy your parkour journey.

-Ashley
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline liquidfirefly

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 11:33:34 PM »
hey all, new to parkour...........and i mean very new to parkour................just kinda jumping into it, figure the best way to get in shape for parkour is to do parkour..lol any way just looking for some people to run with that will not laugh to hard when i fall on my face :) live in nampa, but willing to travel to boise....do work two jobs, and am trying to join the marines.....working slowing on that to so hit me up, lostpuppyink@yahoo.com..... later days

Offline JMANGO95

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 06:56:20 PM »
I am new to parkour myself. Me my gf and some of my other friends are looking for some people to run with. I live downtown so if you wouldnt mind us running with you guys that would be awesome. Just let me know where and when I'm pretty much free all the time.

Offline liquidfirefly

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 07:35:24 PM »
sweet, well like i said still new to parkour, but down when ever....off sundays and wednsdays so yeah hit me up some time and we can get a meeting place and all that jazz, name is seth by the way :)

Offline FatManPK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 08:29:23 AM »
Meridian at Settler's park is the place to train.  GREAT park, and it has a rubbery mat underneath all the play equipment.  I'm new too, and I'm fat.  But let's get this going!  I'll be at Settler's Park most Mondays and Tuesdays at 7am (with the exception of tomorrow).

Offline imarunner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 05:29:36 PM »
Hey, Im in boise too, we should all jam sometime, im fairly new, but have a few tricks with some steeze, I can jam anytime.

Offline Drake Brennan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 03:05:01 PM »
Hey id be willing to join you guys if i had a ride, but i may be able to work in coming down.. oh say like once a week
i live in Nampa, not very many places that i know of down here to do parkour, i am in high school and dont get back home till like 4:30 ish

im free most days and new to parkour, but ready and willing to get out and go

Offline Kitsusome

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 04:07:21 PM »
Hi new to parkour, i go to BSU and live close to downtown. I'm in decent shape and got a grip on a lot of the basics. Would love to find others to train with and learn from.

Kitsu

Offline CriscoLloyd

• Patas
  • If you fall, you fall because you are afraid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 04:11:24 PM »
Welcome to the forums!

We would love to have you join us sometime! There may be a few of us training down at BSU on Sunday, but the details aren't set yet :)  I'll try to post on here at least a few days before than so people know.

My name is Chris by the way, I also go to BSU. Maybe you saw the article about Parkour in the Arbiter the other week?
- Crisco

No Boundaries Parkour - https://www.facebook.com/NoBoParkour