Author Topic: COPK shirt design  (Read 18887 times)

Offline Altimot

• Hirundo Rustica
  • its al (like the name) /tea/ mot (rhymes with not)
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Page
Re: COPK shirt idea
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2005, 06:56:31 PM »
ya, thought of the same thing a while ago but i forgot about it.  like either our real names or forum names or both. so we could costumize our own. sweet :D

Offline Brandon Blessing

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Colorado Parkour
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2005, 12:49:55 PM »
Really good ideas.

I like Altimot's variation. Does anyone have any concept of how much it would cost? To get it screenprinted and how much it would be to have our names on there?

Offline Altimot

• Hirundo Rustica
  • its al (like the name) /tea/ mot (rhymes with not)
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2005, 02:43:52 PM »
thanks.  I don't know what it is going to cost though. first i think we need to figure out how many people are going to get them. And decide how we are going to do things from there.

Offline Brandon Blessing

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Colorado Parkour
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2005, 04:10:04 PM »
Maybe we wait a little while, see if anyone else has any ideas or variations on what to put on the shirt, then we set up a poll to select an official logo and we go from there. Thats a first step.

Offline provin1327

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2005, 07:13:40 PM »
I dont like you idea jimmy  >:( lol  :P I just dont like the big letters, seems to....big.... and.... big, the little people make people ask what they are, and you can tell them what parkour is and maby they will get into it. I like the name thing.

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2005, 07:27:12 PM »
When we decide to pursue these ideas, I know of a screenprinting place on garden of the gods road in the springs.  It's called Bravo Screenprinting and they are at 4602 Northpark Dr. Garden of the Gods and I-25.  I'm not sure what they're pricing is but i've heard that they do pretty good work.  I don't have a lot of time this week because of finals, but if any of you want to get more info their number is (719) 475-7121.  BTW I think I like the words on front, pic on back idea.  If we could do personalization, that would be awesome. :)
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2005, 05:18:04 PM »
yea this is a good start, i think it just needs a little more work and planning until we take the step to get them made. we should come up with final choices and vote like brandon said. ive been really busy with finals but i am on break in a couple days and then it is time to have pretty much one thing on my mind, parkour.

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2005, 05:22:19 PM »
amen to that! :)
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Essie

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Essie Snell – Magician
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2005, 05:33:45 PM »
Here's one website that might work:  http://www.spreadshirt.com/  Basically, they let you completely customize a shirt, both the fabric color as well as the logo color(s). They can even do logos in metallic silver or gold, which could look really cool. They have T-shirts, hoodies, jackets, and tons of other stuff too. I'm not sure what pricing would be like (it depends on the colors and stuff), but it could be worth checking into.

Offline Quazar

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Whatup my Ninja?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2005, 07:54:31 PM »
Yeah bro, I posted that on our last site ;) No worries though, I know how it is.  I like their site, it's got a whole lot of options and all, and you can go much further than just t-shirts ( I think we could order a copk thong from there  :) ::))  But yeah, the only reason I don't like sites like that is that they're usually more expensive than neccesary, shipping is usually a drag too.

"In heaven, we'll all freerun with Jesus"
                           ..."His Kongs are off the hook!"

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2005, 12:22:57 PM »
alright guys, heres the deal. personally i think this license plate design is ok but we could do better. i think the main reason i say this is because it looks like a rectangle sticker we will put on there. it doesnt really have any shape or originality in my opinion. I hope you dont take this the wrong way quazar, its better than anything I can do and has been the best copk has come up with so far.

If you think the license plate design is good enough then you can just reply and say that. If you think we could do better keep reading.

I have been in contact with gameyy, the guy who has done all the art for APK. He is als a very good traceur and does a lot of t shirt design. check out his site at www.canvasunlimited.cjb.net. He has some really amazing stuff! He is totally willing to help us with a new and original design. We can even give him guidelines such as a theme, colors, slogans, whatever and he will try to base his design off that. He said he would give us a pk community rate of $25 an hour and a really good t shirt usually takes him around 3 hrs. So we would all have to pitch in a little bit extra to get this done but frankly, his work is awesome and I think it would be worth it!

So again, I want to hear everyone's opinion on this. Hopefully nobody takes this the wrong way, I would just like these shirts to be as good as possible!

Offline Brandon Blessing

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Colorado Parkour
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2005, 08:03:16 PM »
Sounds good, but are you sure that using a designer who has done all the art for APK as well as commisions for other traceurs wouldn't give us the unoriginal commonly used type of parkour logo we've been trying so hard to avoid?

Can we trust him to give us something original?

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2005, 08:46:24 PM »
did you look at his website yet? he has a bunch of his work on there...judge for yourself. ;)

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2005, 02:10:40 PM »
some more opinions would be nice. i am waiting to hear from more people to see if we want to go ahead with this idea.

Offline nymbis

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2005, 07:59:28 PM »
I think your right there Demon. After looking at his site and at what he has done for U_F and USA Parkour, I think we should try him out. Im in for pitching in some money to give it a try. I think if we tell him our concerns that we want it be original and pertainent to just Colorado and COPK using some of our previous ideas about the mountains and Denver skyline, I think he will produce something that we will really like.

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2005, 08:43:56 PM »
It's worth a try  I guess, I mean if we all pitch in like 2 bucks it should be more than enough.  We could probably just pay at the next big CO jam.

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
Re: COPK shirt idea *NEW Important Updates!"
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2005, 07:59:02 PM »
ok guys, after talking with some of you and seeing your posts on here, i have gone ahead and told gameyy we are ready to work with him. the guy does professional quality work and we are lucky to get his services for only $25 an hour. he said it typically takes him 3-5 hrs for a good t shirt. with the current size of the COPK scene, we can easily cover this with a small contribtion from everyone who wants a finished shirt.

ok, now down to how all this will work. gameyy has set up a site where we can give him a bunch of ideas for the design.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/openboard/

so if you have any good ideas, make sure to go there and post them up! dont expect him to use all of our ideas, but you surely wont see your ideas in the final product if you dont post them!

Offline provin1327

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2005, 09:05:12 PM »
this guy is great. I realy love the "once upon a war" shirt, its really a statement

Offline Quazar

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Whatup my Ninja?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2005, 06:18:15 PM »
Alright, lets go

"In heaven, we'll all freerun with Jesus"
                           ..."His Kongs are off the hook!"

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2005, 12:27:42 PM »
gameyy has posted the first draft of a design. feel free to comment on it. the more comments we get, the better the chance that everyone is happy with the final product.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/openboard/