Author Topic: Any help from MD?  (Read 4668 times)

Offline xStarFruitx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Any help from MD?
« on: February 07, 2010, 04:20:29 PM »
So, I'm new to this, and I need to train. I've been watching videos of Parkour/Freerunning on the YT for a while now and so I have a basic idea of what I need to do in order to train. Considering I've play soccer for thirteen years, even if I am just a keeper, I know about training the upper body. But because of a concussion, I haven't been able to keep up with working out for... almost half a year now. So I can no longer run like I used to be able to, and my upper body strength is dwindling. Basically, I need to ehffin' train. But I don't know where to go first.

A buddy of mine from work does Parkour, and he's actually taking me out climbing with a few of his friends. But he leaves for basic soon (Air Force) and so I'm going to lose my 'teacher'. I was just wondering, I guess, if there were any training groups in or around the Pasadena/Arnold/Glenburnie area of Maryland that get together now and again.

Keep in mind, I've been out of practice/working out for a while, so I'm a little slow. But once I get up and going again, I'll be good and fine.

Offline Zachary Cohn

• APK Alliance
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I do cool stuff.
    • View Profile
    • ZacCohn.com
Re: Any help from MD?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 11:09:34 AM »
Where are you located? I'm not familiar with "The YT." I'm near Annapolis, and there's a ton of people down near DC. Maybe we can set something up sometime!

Offline xStarFruitx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 02:03:53 PM »
I'm in the Pasadena area. Lol. Right outside of Glen Burnie/Balmtimore.

Offline Pringle in HD

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 11:53:53 PM »
sup i'm from MD/Largo i'm new to this men but the only thng is that i'm 15 and how old are you
Hey i need help give me so tip ok

Offline xStarFruitx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 05:25:04 AM »
I'm 18. Heh.

Offline Yixin (pronounced ee-shin)

• Patas
  • I am Yli
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 06:27:24 PM »
Zach's got this covered.

We at UMD haven't even had our first meeting yet thanks to the godawful weather.
"Madness.  (Sparta, etc.)"-Graham Hughes

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 07:35:09 AM »
Hey starfruit and pringle, there are a good number of us in the Pasadena/Severna Park area that have been training for quite some time now. Most of us have been hibernating over the winter but we'll probably be going out again starting sometime in March. We usually train at AACC or Glen Burnie HS. Shoot me your contact info and let me know when you guys would be available to train and we'll get the ball rolling :D
In like a lion out like a lamb. . . world class.

Offline The Revolutionist

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 10:10:32 PM »
Well I'm in Jessup, but go to Severm and Laurel for Free Running. I'm pretty good, wouldn't mind helping out.

Offline Schlickmeister

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 05:05:12 PM »
Hey guys.

Im down in the Salisbury area. There is a small local park located here, and it has loads of children's playground equipment. Lots of potential for some small wall climbs, vaults, etc. Perfect for beginners who need to work on building their confidence. We meet there every Sunday at 1:00. There are approximately 4 to 6 people. All at a beginner/novice to intermediate/average level. Myself, along with another are around 5 to 6 months, and the others just recently started a week ago, but are progressing at an amazing rate.

Hit me up if anyone is interested in setting up a Jam somewhere. Preferably in the DC/Baltimore/Annapolis area, or down here in the Salisbury area.

Offline Yixin (pronounced ee-shin)

• Patas
  • I am Yli
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 07:17:56 AM »
Too far from us. Sorry.
"Madness.  (Sparta, etc.)"-Graham Hughes

Offline Montrease

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile