Author Topic: Furlough Parkour  (Read 14998 times)

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
Furlough Parkour
« on: January 28, 2010, 10:01:01 PM »
An idea me and Jiy came up with so we aren't just lazing around on our extra day off. So Furlough Fridays we'll be holding mini-jams like the UH or Bi-monthly ones. Most likely places we'll be is UH or KCC but we may jump around a bit ;). So this thread is so we don't spam Training sessions anymore >.>

So here's the first one.

Time/Date: 29th of January. Meet up at 10:30 A.M.
Meeting place: Makiki District Park
The plan: Meet up, do light stretches and warm-ups then go explore and hit up/find spots. Wear comfy shoes as we may walk a bit.
What to bring: Yourself, energy, water, anything else but remember, walking... I'd rather travel light.

I'm going to bring both my digital (Take pictures of potential hot spots) and video camera (Obvious 'eh?). Jiy, Justin, and me are a shoe in. Aaron is a maybe.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" ~ Audrey Hepburn
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

Nos0323

Re: Furlough Parkour
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 07:47:15 PM »
here is the second one!!!

Time/Place: 5th of Febuary. meet up at 10:30 A.M
Meeting place: Makiki district park
The plan: Meet up, do light stretches and warm-ups then go explore and hit up/find spots at/near KCC or UH. Wear comfy shoes as we may walk a bit.
What to bring: Yourself, energy, water, anything else but remember, walking... I'd rather travel light. maybe money for bus if you need.

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 08:55:30 PM »
Oi, Jiy, wouldn't it be easier to meet up at KCC or UH if we're going there? I'd throw in my vote for KCC but maybe we should see if anyone else has idea or such. Oh yeah, I don't know what your ideal of a "long bus ride" is but this doesn't look too far, one transfer, and only about a forty minute long ride.

By the way if you have any friends at school who are interested bring them along. I plan on trying to convince my friends to tag along but I can never count on them >.<... I would put signs up at school but I'd get yelled at pretty quick, and it's to late in the year to create a club.

As for February 12th I'd like to suggest a more natural approach. The Wa`ahila trail was real fun. And nature is so beautiful. I don't know very many trails though :/... Probably going to ask Ryan some nice ones. Or maybe a beach one. Cromwells or Kahana Bay Park look/are fun too.

And to end this wall of text I suggest at least one Furlough Parkour dedicated solely to conditioning. Not sure when it should be but yeah... At least once.
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

Nos0323

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 11:51:32 PM »
Oi, Jiy, wouldn't it be easier to meet up at KCC or UH if we're going there? I'd throw in my vote for KCC but maybe we should see if anyone else has idea or such. Oh yeah, I don't know what your ideal of a "long bus ride" is but this doesn't look too far, one transfer, and only about a forty minute long ride.

By the way if you have any friends at school who are interested bring them along. I plan on trying to convince my friends to tag along but I can never count on them >.<... I would put signs up at school but I'd get yelled at pretty quick, and it's to late in the year to create a club.

As for February 12th I'd like to suggest a more natural approach. The Wa`ahila trail was real fun. And nature is so beautiful. I don't know very many trails though :/... Probably going to ask Ryan some nice ones. Or maybe a beach one. Cromwells or Kahana Bay Park look/are fun too.

And to end this wall of text I suggest at least one Furlough Parkour dedicated solely to conditioning. Not sure when it should be but yeah... At least once.

well the thing is i dont know how to get to KCC...and 40mins is a pretty long bus ride...
and ill try bring my friends...its not as easy as when you do it...
and i like the idea of a natural approach but i gotta get there by bus while saying im going UH or say im riding a friend's car and going hiking...but im not sure how ill white lie to my parents about that...and for the trail we should meet by 10:30am but i might have to be back around 4 at latest...maybe give or take a few hours...and i would like to try a trail one instead of beach...im not a beach person lol
I am ok with the conditioning thing but i dont know what conditioning is...and if conditioning dont mean exercising all day then we should have it once every 2 months or something like that

turtlekarma

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 02:39:55 AM »
remember you don't need much to train...especially you nos...a simple wall and set or rails should keep you busy for hours.

this spot is close as well and there shouldn't be too many people around, so you worry about being shy.  KCC and UH will have lots of students and security around during school hours.  It's one of my favorite training spots, plus the jungle gym is fun to play on =).  I'll try make this next one on the feb 5th since I missed this week.
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,19513.0.html
its called Petrie Community Park

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 09:58:14 AM »
I am ok with the conditioning thing but i dont know what conditioning is...and if conditioning dont mean exercising all day then we should have it once every 2 months or something like that

Yeah it's exercising, just like any physical activity. Say Football to Karate you need to condition for them. Personally I would say once every four Furloughs. I'd have to ask around since I'm not very knowledgeable here but I would say pretty much like a two hour workout at least trying to train all parts of the body. So lower and upper body strength and endurance. Cardio. Flexibility. All that kinds of stuff.

remember you don't need much to train...especially you nos...a simple wall and set or rails should keep you busy for hours.

this spot is close as well and there shouldn't be too many people around, so you worry about being shy.  KCC and UH will have lots of students and security around during school hours.  It's one of my favorite training spots, plus the jungle gym is fun to play on =).  I'll try make this next one on the feb 5th since I missed this week.

Yeah that's not a bad idea ^^ UH wasn't that bad security-wise since we didn't go crazy (except Justin and me trying to kill each other every five seconds.) But that place looks like fun, the rails seem a bit high though... There won't be to many kids right?
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

Nos0323

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 01:00:51 PM »

lol yeah i guess haha and that place looks like fun and yeah im not that shy anymore but i did fall quite painfully/embarressingly in front of bunch of people at UH lolz and i never been to KCC...hey btw were is that park? how does it take to get there from makiki park by bus?  and ok kool hope u make it haha

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 02:10:10 PM »
Ryan I like that park, I say we plan our next jam there, if you are down...
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

turtlekarma

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 02:40:59 PM »
Ryan I like that park, I say we plan our next jam there, if you are down...

I'm always down...

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 04:35:26 PM »
That is what she said  ;D
 Ghandi

Nos0323

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 06:13:32 PM »
i just hope that, that park is not too far from makiki by bus...

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 04:39:28 PM »
Michael please can write something about this events I can post on front page? just PM it to me please.
 Ghandi

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 05:33:44 PM »
Yeah okay I'll get to it ^^

Time/Date: February 5th
Meeting place: Petrie Community Park
The plan: Training session. So light conditioning (Yes we will do this this time!) then practicing our parkour.
What you need: Energy, Water, Yourself... What else do you ever need...
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

Nos0323

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 07:30:11 PM »
Yeah okay I'll get to it ^^

Time/Date: February 5th
Meeting place: Petrie Community Park
The plan: Training session. So light conditioning (Yes we will do this this time!) then practicing our parkour.
What you need: Energy, Water, Yourself... What else do you ever need...

how long does it take by bus from makiki to the park?

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 07:42:04 PM »
By the way, my entire crew said the were free Friday (minus one person that I haven't seen in weeks) and that they are going to come. So that's Justin, Lance, Robert, Jared, and me. Jared and Robert haven't really picked up parkour yet so in a way this is there first training session, and I have no way of dragging them onto the bus since they live off base. But Lance and Justin are a different story >: )

Forty minutes, give or take. Google map... Pretty short bus ride in my opinion, and no transfer lucky you,... Hm... Justin, Lance, And me are going to have to transfer onto 1L, the bus you need so we'd actually intercept you. See?

God I love links and maps >.>
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

Nos0323

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 10:41:02 PM »
By the way, my entire crew said the were free Friday (minus one person that I haven't seen in weeks) and that they are going to come. So that's Justin, Lance, Robert, Jared, and me. Jared and Robert haven't really picked up parkour yet so in a way this is there first training session, and I have no way of dragging them onto the bus since they live off base. But Lance and Justin are a different story >: )

Forty minutes, give or take. Google map... Pretty short bus ride in my opinion, and no transfer lucky you,... Hm... Justin, Lance, And me are going to have to transfer onto 1L, the bus you need so we'd actually intercept you. See?

God I love links and maps >.>

o my goodness i dont know were the hell im supposed to walk....the first link is for me...i think....and i would rather take the bus near near were ever i gotta ride the 1L or whatever number im supposed to ride but can u give me a link that lets me ride the bus to the place i gotta ride the 1L and then how to get to the park from there...

Nos0323

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 10:43:27 PM »
you know what? can someone just give me a ride please?   if u can then PM me.... god i hate that google map thingy...nvr works the way i want it to...

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 11:09:15 PM »
o my goodness i dont know were the hell im supposed to walk....the first link is for me...i think....and i would rather take the bus near near were ever i gotta ride the 1L or whatever number im supposed to ride but can u give me a link that lets me ride the bus to the place i gotta ride the 1L and then how to get to the park from there...

Yeah first link but really Jiy? You walk across that bridge that spans the highway thing and walk down the street to S King St & Keeaumoku St. And really I don't mean to sound like an ass or broken record but I had to do a triple take to understand... I think your asking what bus will take you to 1L? It's a few minutes walk, like the walk to my bus stop for school in the morning.

I don't understand what's confusing about Google Maps It kinda says how to get there but if you say so... I'd say you need to have it on satellite with show labels checked. then you zoom in and see where everything is.

Though getting a rife works too I guess >.>
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

turtlekarma

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 11:31:38 PM »
you know what? can someone just give me a ride please?   if u can then PM me.... god i hate that google map thingy...nvr works the way i want it to...

I might be able to...got a big oral exam on friday though.  Depends how well prepared I feel on friday morn, I'll call you around 9:30am.  If I don't call by 10am I probably forgot cause I'm stressing too much about the exam, but I should remember...hopefully. 

Nos0323

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 11:41:34 PM »
I might be able to...got a big oral exam on friday though.  Depends how well prepared I feel on friday morn, I'll call you around 9:30am.  If I don't call by 10am I probably forgot cause I'm stressing too much about the exam, but I should remember...hopefully. 

ok thanks ill wait around makiki park...by the way in case when i pick up i sound funny....its most likely cause u woke me haha u never know well ill definetly try wake up around 8:30am  haha