Author Topic: February Jam  (Read 12834 times)

Offline Stacie

• Patas
  • Holy [insert witty word or phrase here], Batman!
    • View Profile
Re: February Jam
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 07:44:07 AM »
It's on a Sunday, sweetie. lol!
"Do NOT...eat that. It is a poisonous...magicpie!"

Offline pharynx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 12:04:05 PM »
Hey, I'm new here, to this site, and I've been watching people parkour and freerun online, and I've decided that I want to try to learn how. I'm in ok shape, according to the 'warm up' on here, my weakspot are mainly pull ups. I've talked to a few guys at work, and we were thinking of joining you for the jam on the 28th... it would be our first try at it. How intense are the jams you guys do? Is it like we'd want to be in extremely good shape? Or could we come and keep up ok?

Um so basically, I'm just saying hi, and that me and two of my buddies might show up... so long as we wouldn't be a burden as complete nubs practically. Uh, so yea...

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 12:24:36 PM »
Howzit! Welcome to HIpk. The better shape you're in, the easier everything's going to be.
Ozzi used to do hard-core conditioning at jams. I'll let an Oahu traceur answer your other questions ;D

turtlekarma

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2010, 01:22:04 PM »
Hey, I'm new here, to this site, and I've been watching people parkour and freerun online, and I've decided that I want to try to learn how. I'm in ok shape, according to the 'warm up' on here, my weakspot are mainly pull ups. I've talked to a few guys at work, and we were thinking of joining you for the jam on the 28th... it would be our first try at it. How intense are the jams you guys do? Is it like we'd want to be in extremely good shape? Or could we come and keep up ok?

Um so basically, I'm just saying hi, and that me and two of my buddies might show up... so long as we wouldn't be a burden as complete nubs practically. Uh, so yea...

like gregg said, welcome!!!  we love having new people come out to jams.  Ozzi (HIPK Founder) likes to do conditioning, but it's not that bad...you probably will be sore next day though if you not used to doing parkour.  For the most part jams is just a bunch of us meeting up to play, there's no set kind of rules we follow...it's just like hey we're doing this stuff over here, but if you want to go off and explore that's fine, just as long as you're respectful of place we're jaming in.  right now we're still discussing where we wanna hold this next jam... but it will be the 28th meet up time 11am (where ever we choose).

Stacie: yeah sundays the library is open so there will be security there who will kick us out...see ya tonight

I think Makiki is a good spot...
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,24043.0.html

or

china town
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,21480.0.html
there's other spots here that didn't take pics of....

or
kakaako waterfront park
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,18653.0.html
Tons of open space stuff is spaced out but from what I remember there is some good stuff to train on.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 01:25:59 PM by Ryan F. HIPK »

Offline Stacie

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2010, 07:33:24 PM »

Welcome, pharynx!!! And damn it, that sucks about the library..oh well..and i'm down with anything, pretty much jam-wise.

Nos0323

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 08:04:34 PM »
o sorry stacie i ment weekends....but if you guys decide to have it at UH or makiki park (UH would be best for me...further from home) then i might be able to go...idk...

btw ryan turns out my friend is too busy to learn so she's giving up on learning pk for now...and all she learned was the lazy and 2 hand vault...

Offline pharynx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 08:23:06 PM »
Me and my buddies are down for where ever, though its the night after ones birthday, so he may not be... recovered... haha.

Offline Sala

• Patas
  • Cell:230.4570 Hit me up! We go Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 12:22:08 AM »
Howzit! Welcome to HIpk. The better shape you're in, the easier everything's going to be.
Ozzi used to do hard-core conditioning at jams. I'll let an Oahu traceur answer your other questions ;D

To be honest, i miss the HARDCORE conditioning. But after a few jams you would just get used to it lol
If we cant make love, we can always make peace. Cant we?

turtlekarma

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 02:20:19 PM »
if no one has a preference...minus well go makiki so jiyoung (nos) can join in too
sound good?

Offline pharynx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2010, 06:06:51 PM »
Makiki? Doesn't ring a bell... could someone give me an address, or directions? I'm in salt lake, and I'll be driving, along with my two buddies come, but we're all right around salt lake.

Oh.. nm, I googled it, over near punchbowl... an address or intersection would be handy... is there much parking?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 07:13:23 PM by pharynx »

turtlekarma

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 07:24:31 PM »
Makiki? Doesn't ring a bell... could someone give me an address, or directions? I'm in salt lake, and I'll be driving, along with my two buddies come, but we're all right around salt lake.

Address
Makiki District Park
1527 Keeaumoku Street
Honolulu, HI 96822-4305

get on HI take punaho exit (exit 23) and make a left onto punaho st.
follow punaho st until you reach 1st stop light and make a left onto wilder
and another left onto makiki st...

it's the only big park around there, has tennis courts, a swimming pool, a little spot where people grow stuff, and a skate park.
the parking lot is gonna be on your right as you come down makiki st

Makiki
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,24043.0.html

unless anyone wants to change it makiki then?

Nos0323

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 01:30:56 AM »
thanks!!!....its the 28th right???  ok thats good cause im sooo into the olympics right now...

personal note on the olympics-Apolo Ohno can go FCK himself....

Offline pharynx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010, 04:32:41 AM »
Ok, seems easy enough

Offline VegamanKS3

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • What's gravity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 06:48:46 AM »
Hello, I'm fairly new to this community, and the islands as well, so I just wanted to say hello, and if you don't mind my coming to the jam, my friend and I would be more than happy to join you! So hello Hawaii Parkour, I am Vega hear me ROAR!!! ( I should have brought cookies....)
Said a wanted man by the Laws of Physics...

Offline Stacie

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2010, 11:39:06 AM »
LOL!! Welcome, Vega! (Is it sad that I picture the bad-ass dude from Street Fighter?) And YES! Do come!!!l New people are always welcome to join us..and non-new people. We have an excellent group of people willing to teach, learn, and have fun. =)

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2010, 03:53:08 PM »
Either place sounds good, I have not been on that area of china town so Im down, makiki could be good to. Either way, you guys decide.
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Sala

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2010, 09:51:45 PM »
why does every one think we would mind if they came lol?

Makiki park for this weeks jam please.

I just walked there today from aiea -___- lmao took 4 hours. but that just means i can come for sure xD

I vote makiki "/

Offline pharynx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 09:56:34 PM »
Makiki park looked good to me.... plus the directions are already posted :) thanks ryan

And I dunno sala... I just wanted to make sure. I read somewhere that new people were discouraged from it a little bit, but maybe that's mainland groups. You walked from aiea? Geez... if you need a ride, I'm willing to give one, aiea is close enough to salt lake. I'll be there unless something drastic happens.

Offline Sala

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2010, 10:08:09 PM »
lol mainlanders no mo get the Ohana mindset brah /mokeness

we welcome everyone :D

Walked from Aiea ftw x]
you sure youd be willing to give a ride? umm i totally accept as long as its ok with you

Offline pharynx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2010, 11:01:04 PM »
This be one haole wit da ohana mindset. Hit me up with a text later. 360.852.4825