Author Topic: New Gleason's class opening up  (Read 4715 times)

Offline Chad Zwadlo (Zwadloc)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Fight or Flight Academy
Re: New Gleason's class opening up
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 05:47:54 AM »
They are progressive for the most part.  We repeat the basics a lot, and different skill sets each week (like wall work, bar work, or specific vaults) but I do move from easier to more difficult as the class progresses.  With that being said, it's also designed so that anyone can join at any time as well.  Class can be adjusted to new people and many times what we are working on is completely new to everyone anyway so everyone is in the same boat.

The biggest problem with you doing a Tuesday and Wednesday thing like that is that I run the same lesson plan every class through a week so you'll just be getting two of the exact same class and not really learning that much.  If you're only around for a little while, it's probably more beneficial to set up some private lessons.  They are a bit more expensive but you'll learn a lot more and it will be tailored specifically to what you should/want to learn.

Offline woodsykris

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 07:15:48 AM »
It appears that Gleason's Maple Grove is having a Wednesday class as well. I think I read somewhere else that this will be taught by Skinny.? Presumably the lessons wouldn't be exactly the same, so to maximize the value of my 3.5 hour drive, I could attend class with Chad on Tuesday in Eagan, then with Skinny on Wednesday in Maple Grove.

Offline Skinny

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Owner of Fight or Flight Academy in Edina MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 07:04:56 PM »
Well, if you were to do that, you would pretty much be getting the same lesson.  If that is cool with you, then by all means, it will be good practice.  So it's up to you
MNPK - Covered in snow most of the year but the ground is always lava

Minnesota's first parkour and freerunning gym www.fightorflightacademy.com

Offline andrew w.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • While you rest, others are out training.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 06:16:58 AM »
hey, i would like to know when you are offering saturday classes again. i have soccer every other day of the week.
If you are in front of a wall that you cannot get passed, would you just keep banging your head into the wall?… No, you would find a new wall.

We are Traceurs, and we will prevail. Parkour is not just a way of life. Parkour is life

Offline Joseph S

• Patas
  • Blissfully wed to a derby skater who likes Parkour
    • View Profile
    • Geek Physique
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 11:41:35 AM »
I think it would be worthwhile to do both.  If you are going to drive that far, you may as well invest in two days of it.  Besides, they teach very differently, with the notable exception that they are now quite stuck with their "Slovakian" fake accents.  An alternative would be to go to the Tuesday class and the Wednesday adult open gym. 
"Age is a constant reminder that nothing is accomplished without a routine."

Offline andrew w.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 05:29:44 AM »
oh  and when do the friday night open gyms begin again? for both egan and maple grove.
If you are in front of a wall that you cannot get passed, would you just keep banging your head into the wall?… No, you would find a new wall.

We are Traceurs, and we will prevail. Parkour is not just a way of life. Parkour is life

Offline Chad Zwadlo (Zwadloc)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Fight or Flight Academy
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 08:49:04 PM »
This fall schedule can be found here - https://secure.gleasons.com/4dcgi/1/class_manager.a4d?loc=E
Classes start up on Wednesday, September 8th

As for open gym times you'll have to call, I don't know what the dates are for that

Offline andrew w.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 05:47:45 AM »
thank the summer schedual really confused me.

Offline Joseph S

• Patas
  • Blissfully wed to a derby skater who likes Parkour
    • View Profile
    • Geek Physique
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 01:52:06 PM »
It looks like 6pm.  I'm going to *try* to make this, but I kinda committed to this Aikido thing...  Going to bring my two oldest minions.
"Age is a constant reminder that nothing is accomplished without a routine."