Author Topic: Arkansas High Schools  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Cam S

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Arkansas High Schools
« on: January 07, 2010, 03:54:16 PM »
I live in Cabot and a friend and i are trying to start up a parkour club.  While we do have our principle interested ,like many other principles ours is worried about liability.
She has brought up the fact that the AAA (Arkansas Activities Association) won't give us insurance (or rather the school insurance from being sued) because as most people here in Arkansas they have 1. no clue what parkour is and 2. they don't recognize us as a sport.  After a discussion with her i decided to do some research into the AAA.  They have an online version of their handbook (http://www.ahsaa.org/docs/2009-10%20__AAA%20Handbook.pdf) which i'm in the process of reading and using to make a presentation which might be able to convince them that parkour should be supported.  I plan on using research i have done from my senior research paper, and supporting evidence from their handbook to back us up.  I have noticed that they seem to be big on inter-scholastic activities. And i'm here to ask if there are any more high schools here in AR that have parkour clubs.  As they seems to also have a small thing for competition i'll in my presentation be sure to inform them that parkour is a non-competitive "sport" (I use the term sport lightly) that values community and progression. 

Any advice is very welcome
Reality is our dreams playground.

Obstacles are found everywhere, and in overcoming them we nourish ourselves." -David Belle

One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things- Henry Miller

Offline corners

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Arkansas High Schools
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:23:52 PM »
I might be starting one soon with my friends, we probably won't be a team for a bit we still need practice but we still do free-running. Plus isn't free-running trying to become an Olympic sport? Cause G4 TV did a show a bit ago.

perception

Re: Arkansas High Schools
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 06:11:19 AM »
I went to cabot once and tried the sandwich with shut up juice. I made it halfway and couldn't go on anymore. I puked about an hour later.