Author Topic: thoughts on setting up an advanced boot camp @ primal?  (Read 2067 times)

Offline cls

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
thoughts on setting up an advanced boot camp @ primal?
« on: January 07, 2010, 11:53:11 AM »
So you've done the beginners boot camps, you've been practicing on your own, attending the advanced classes........now what about a more intense advanced boot camp to really push yourself and get yourself to the next level?

an even more intense set of weekly classes designed to improve technique, focus on advanced moves and flowing movement, as well as strength training & flexibility.  I've seen a lot of traceurs that just don't have the physical strength to do certain movements. 

I'm sure if we get enough people interested, Travis would love to put us through hell.......errrr.....a grueling workout

Offline Phil Howe

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: thoughts on setting up an advanced boot camp @ primal?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 12:56:21 PM »
They have two levels of boot camps these days, so the basics are covered.  What's next is for each individual student to come to the advanced classes and scale to their abilities.  All the trainers are good about fitting people in, but if the classes are too challenging/not challenging I think it's up to the practitioner to figure out what they need to do to amp it up.  The way the classes have been set up, there is almost always a way to scale a workout to fit the person.  Never be afraid to ask the trainers.

We just have to be careful with Travis.

Offline cls

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 01:03:24 PM »
that was the first line.......So you've done the beginners boot camps, you've been practicing on your own, attending the advanced classes..........the point was to get a group that have already been doing the advanced classes and do a more intense class for a group that really wants to excel and push themselves.  there's a varying degree of ability in the advance classes.  i think it would be nice to have a group that wants to up the ante.

Offline Pilou

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 06:33:46 AM »
Hey, Mr. cls, did you talk to the Primal trainers about it? If anyone wants to up the ante, we can certainly oblige ;D

Offline cls

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 06:53:10 AM »
haven't spoken to anyone yet.  wanted to post here and see if there was a larger interest.  with the lack of reply, im assuming there's not much interest or the community doesn't want to voice it's opinion.  i can only think of a handful of people that would probably be up for something like this.  i'm not sure how many people would be needed to make something like this cost effective.  i'll mention it to mark and see how many people he would need & approx cost.

Offline Pilou

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 09:02:01 AM »
Why don't you just talk with Travis and the rest of us? we don't bite that hard...
I think it would be useful to understand what you want that the current advanced classes are not currently giving you, and we can see how best to integrate it in the classes (as a separate class or improvements in the way we run the advanced class).