Author Topic: Louisville Parkour  (Read 15468 times)

Offline Mark Lewis

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • LPK
Louisville Parkour
« on: January 05, 2010, 06:32:18 PM »
For those in the Louisville, KY area: Louisville Parkour (LPK) meets regularly. Come out and join us for a jam!

Our schedule looks like this:

Wednesdays @ 7PM - Thruston Park by Tumbleweed off River Rd. Location may vary, check facebook for details.
Sundays @ 2PM - Competetive Edge Gymnastics on River Green Circle off River Rd (2hr open gym)

Check out http://www.facebook.com/groups/202859563102028/ for details. Our website is in the process of changing hands to a new designer so please forgive. The facebook group should have all the info you need. See you guys out there!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:40:50 AM by Mark Lewis »
The strongest of seeds take root in hostile grounds. They don't fight the elements. They find thier harmony.

Offline Jacob Tarrence

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Louisville Parkour
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 10:55:28 AM »
AHH! this makes me very happy. I'll have to talk to my driver and see if we can get somethin goin. I have a quite a few friends who are into it! :D
"If you cant fly, run. if you cant run, jog. If you cant jog, walk. If you cant walk, crawl. But by all means keep moving."
Dr. King

Offline Dustin Combs

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 08:55:43 AM »
where exactly do you all meet? i haven't seen anybody whenever i went.

Edit: Sorry I didn't clarify that I meant on Saturdays

Same here.
I've gone a few Saturday's, and saw no one :/

Offline Mark Lewis

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • LPK
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 10:20:04 AM »
Make sure and check the LPK site about Saturdays because we often times move around. It's also been kind of hit or miss for Saturdays lately. Sorry about that. My work schedule conflicts sometimes. At any rate, I hope to see you guys out soon for a jam. Cheers!
The strongest of seeds take root in hostile grounds. They don't fight the elements. They find thier harmony.

Offline Mark Lewis

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • LPK
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 06:42:40 AM »
louisvilleparkour.com is currently in dire need of an overhaul. We are in the process of changing webmasters so please bear with us. For now, please refer to the Facebook group listed in the first post (just edited). Come out and Jam!

Offline Andrew Lutz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 10:21:50 AM »
I never go on Saturdays, but I am a regular on Wednesdays. Constantly check the facebook page to see where we're going to be because we like to move around so we're not stuck in the same place every Wednesday.

Offline David Jordan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 06:53:30 PM »
wondering if anyone still uses this page, I'll be on the FB page too, but curious about here.
From IN New Albany, occasionally Tell City
"Parkour is like skateboarding, but without the skateboard" -Josh Johnson

Offline David Jordan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 04:54:37 AM »
I found the address (and went to it)for competitive edge last sunday, but the sign was blank like it was taken down. not sure if it's been moved, it was closed for labor day or it's just closed down, but i was hoping to know where to find you guys today.

also, i've not been accepted to LPK on facebook yet, so i can't really talk to anyone about where it is. help?
From IN New Albany, occasionally Tell City
"Parkour is like skateboarding, but without the skateboard" -Josh Johnson

Offline Amoreena

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 08:38:34 AM »
Greetings... I just requested to join the Facebook group.
I've also just emailed louisvilleparkour@gmail.com with some questions... which I'm posting here too:

We are visiting Louisville for a few days this week. Wondering if your Wednesday evening or Sunday afternoon trainings are inclusive of teens and late preteens? My 14yo son in particular is very keen on parkour and has been doing a few classes. He'd love to learn whatever someone has time to share with him. He's fortunate to soon, hopefully, be starting a class with this amazing fellow, if the stars align: http://flippingmonk.com/

Also, are there other/further parkour, freerunning, or other gymnastics-type physical opportunities or facilities you'd point us toward in Kentuckiana? That would be fun for a teen boy into parkour/freerunning/acrobatics (not to mention fencing)? (Or an 11yo boy who's let's say less athletic than his sibling?)

We haven't visited for several years and don't know of new places that may have come into being since our last visit. Open to the unusual. Or the mundane in some cases :-)

Offline Eric D

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 12:10:51 PM »
Great! I will see you there, sir. I'm fascinated by Parkour and want to use it as a fitness regimen for golf. I will be representing Kentucky at the Special Olympics National Games in June in Princeton New Jersey and am determined to win. I believe Parkour will help p with balance, timing, and coordination which are fundamental to great golf.