Author Topic: Next National Jam  (Read 2459 times)

Offline monkeykong1

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Next National Jam
« on: January 04, 2010, 06:40:04 PM »
Hey guys, I live in Florida, but because my Dad has a friend up in Denver we could stay with, I was gonna try to get to the next big jam. I will admit I'm not an amazing traceur, but i can do quite a bit, so i wanted to go just for the teaching and the experience. It would be awesome if i could get estimate dates.Thanks.

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
Re: Next National Jam
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 12:36:12 AM »
The past 3 have been in early August but we haven't officially set anything for this year yet.

Offline monkeykong1

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 04:20:05 PM »
thanks Ryan. BTW your video "boulder tribute" is one of my favorites!

Offline Tom Coppola

• Hirundo Rustica
  • TomewardBound
    • View Profile
    • Florida Parkour
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 05:05:59 PM »
Where in Florida do you live?  There are a good deal of experienced practitioners around Florida that I'm sure can give you a hand with training.  Post up on the Florida message boards.

I went to the Colorado National Jam 2 years ago and it was a very valuable experience.  You'll have a great time if you go, but don't neglect the resources you have in your own backyard.  There was a large jam in Orlando just a week ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfGJ-vaW0Uw

When faced with the stress of a life-threatening engagement, we don't rise to the occasion, we descend to our level of training.

Offline monkeykong1

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 03:19:35 PM »
Yeah Tom, I've been talking to Daniel Arroyo and am planning to go to the parkour classes he is hosting this week. I don't have a car so getting a ride to Orlando isn't easy. I live in the Sarasota area (about an hour south of Tampa and 3 hours from Miami and 2 hours from Orlando) so its not super convenient to go to those places

Offline Tom Coppola

• Hirundo Rustica
  • TomewardBound
    • View Profile
    • Florida Parkour
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 03:44:33 PM »
Understandable.  I just wanted to make sure you knew about the parkour community in Florida.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfGJ-vaW0Uw

When faced with the stress of a life-threatening engagement, we don't rise to the occasion, we descend to our level of training.

Offline monkeykong1

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 11:11:27 AM »
Ok thanks...

Offline Jesse Nystrom

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 01:45:17 AM »
This year I am definitely hitting up some sort of National Jam, I live in Arkansas, I drove from DC back home in one stretch once, so driving is not a problem.

I hear and see alot from Colorado, and think it would be a great place for a great Jam.