Author Topic: GYMKATA!!!!!!  (Read 1442 times)

Offline jp2ykz

• Mangabey
  • Jamison
    • View Profile
GYMKATA!!!!!!
« on: December 07, 2009, 10:20:29 PM »
GYMKATA Movie!!!!

So I was at a campground about a week ago (I'm on a road trip) and I got a flashback about a movie that I saw when I was a kid. I remembered a couple scenes but nothing about the story. Any how it literally took me 2 hours of scouring the internet  to find it but it was worth it!!! GYMKATA.

This is just about the sweetest (in a very cheezy way) ever!

This movie "combines the skill of gymnastics, with the kill of karate" and was released in 1985.

The basic thing is that this champion gymnast goes to a weird nonexistent Himalayan country that has this "game" that everyone that comes to the country has to play. The game has ninjas that try to kill the players and they have to complete a series of obstacles. No outsider has survived in 900 years...   The prize for completing the game is one request granted by the king.

definitely a week story line but the combo gymnastics, karate and some basic freerunning makes it well worth it. Plus how can you beat the hilarious factor.

I definitely endorse this movie for any one who wants to get amped up for training .   Also I found  t-shirts online that will allow you to show your support for the coolness of this movie.  I just got mine done at a t-shirt shop in a basic text for like $5 bux plus the $6 t-shirt.  There are a few places on line that you can get them, just search Gymkata t-shirt.

I'll try to get a pic of my shirt posted here otherwise just check out my pic gallery in my profile.

http://www.americanparkour.com/gallery2/v/member/jp2ykz/IMG_0030.JPG.html
Konging low stuff is stupid. Just jump over it. Or just do a cool flip over it.

Offline Corndogg

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • SF Parkour
Re: GYMKATA!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 10:56:48 PM »
Just watched this again recently, the ending scene (village of the crazies) is a trip!  Fun movie  ;D
SF Parkour // SFPK - | Website | Forum | YouTube |
Serving the Greater San Francisco Bay Area

Offline Derek broussard

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • bluewaterdreamz
Re: GYMKATA!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 07:46:41 AM »
Greatest movie!!

The guy in the movie invented the FLAIR. 

ALso the princess is pretty hot.