Author Topic: Arrested for Parkour.  (Read 7926 times)

Offline spudunker

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Arrested for Parkour.
« on: December 05, 2009, 06:00:07 PM »
Yup! I got arrested! For what? Why other than! PARKOUR! woot! Well not entirely, I was walking on a 4 foot wall =) And I got arrested!

first of all, I am a long time lurker and I felt this HAD to be posted.

The story:

Walking home to the apartment complex I live in, I decide to jump up on a 4 foot wall! OMG I AM SO INSANE! I walked alone the side feeling pretty happy, sat down looked both ways before I jumped off; this security guard comes running out. "What are you doing?" he says. I pull out my headphones and ask "what?" "How did you get up there?" "I jumped." He then took my picture. Which is in fringing on my rights as a US citizen. I asked him "whats the problem" and he got up in my face, and started to yell at me, and eventually pushed me away. He yelled shit about "How in the first place did you get up there" and stupid shit like that. YES HE PUSHED ME, HE BY LAW ASSAULTED ME BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE IT GETS WORSE!

He then runs out in the middle of the street waving his arms at a passing by cop. The cop gets out and asks me what I was doing, I told him, and asked him to "Please listen to me" "Please understand" "I beg you please listen" I repeated. He replied "Don't argue with me!" grabbed my arm and through me in the back of his cop car. As I still asked him to understand and listen to what I had to say. That didn't matter. The stupid f#ck Security guard is right! BECAUSE IM A STUPID KID! I asked the security guard and the cop what I did wrong, they didn't answer. 4 more cops show up, and the security guard lied to every single one and said I STOLE FROM CARS THERE. I HAD MY WALLET, MY IPOD AND MY f#ckING PHONE WHAT DID I STEAL? I get up out of the cop car and asked the cop to please listen to what I had to say, he said " I don't care" What? Don't care? am I Just wrong through all of this. My opinion doesnt matter? I wanted to say, I freak out when people yell due to my complicated past. I can't stand yelling. I freeze up and feel like i am in a corner and I quickly look for the fastest way out. Which could mean I run from the cops. But nope he didn't want to hear it D:.

after about 10 minutes of the security guard lieing to the cops I get out again and ask "Why am I being arrested?" after they searched me.

GUESS WHAT THE f#ckING ANSWER WAS, I DARE ANYONE WHO IS READING THIS TO GUESS!

I QUOTE

"The fact that its not normal"

NOT

NORMAL

I GOT ARRESTED FOR NOT DOING SOMETHING NORMAL! There wasn't any sign that said "No jumping. No running. No climbing. No Parkour. No Free running" NOT ONE AND I GOT ARRESTED WHILE THE SECURITY BITCH GOT AWAY WITH HIS DUMB ASS LIES, with pushing me with taking my picture HE GOT AWAY.

After they they searched me, after they told me that, after I sat in the back of a cop car, I get my ID back, and one of the assholes RIPS it out of my hand and looks at my adress and says to his partner "I'm glad he doesn't live near me"

"I am sorry sir, but that is really offensive"

"I'm glad it offended you. You're a whinny little bitch. That pisses me off. You're pissing me off"

"What?"

"You're a f#cking dumb ass. You're most likely going to get evicted"

I am here for college, living with 4 other people paying 800 a month rent, I have no where else to go.

Thats my story. I am shaking from all the yelling. I still cant think clearly. and thanks for reading D: So now everyone knows PARKOUR IS ILLEGAL LOL.

Sorry for the caps and horid grammar
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 06:01:39 PM by spudunker »

Offline Eli

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested for Parkour.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 06:23:59 PM »
This is absolutely disgusting. Human beings piss me off so much.
The Greatest Lesson A Traceur Learns
Quote from: Sai Chikine
Parkour spots are buried in random places.

Looking for me on the web?
Just Search for "SticktheFigure"

Offline leftyPK

• Guenons
  • [LIИKIИ PARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 06:30:12 PM »
lol idiot cop... "how did you get up there?"  a freaking 4 foot wall? god, you can just jump on top of it... im guessing he failed PE

Offline Kevin Conti

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
That's pathetic what that officer did. you should sue
Run Free, or don't run at all

Offline Drew H

• Mangabey
  • Gate Vault FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Innovative Design
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 07:07:14 PM »
That's pathetic what that officer did. you should sue

Ya court really would be the way to go.

But ya, human beings disgust me too
Have you forgotten about the days when we just wanted to rock cause we like it that way?

Offline Jesse Wharton

• will behave
  • Patas
    • View Profile
    • Click here
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 07:24:09 PM »
most cops are like the worst people on earth, personal experience.

Offline Kingme

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 07:25:28 PM »
Damn, I really feel sorry for you man. Where do you go to college?

Offline monkeyboi309

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 07:28:07 PM »
can't you like press charges for that?

Offline spudunker

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 07:51:45 PM »
I go to college at Expressions for digital art. I thought about pressing charges but I never really thought to get his badge number. Which was dumb of me I just wanted it to be over and stop shaking.

Edit: Now that I can think clearly, I realize that, why did the security guard accuse me of stealing? Or breaking in. He said I was at a perfect point to get into the parking garage. But in fact the garage has many open doors and I could have just went through the ramp D: Also why would I sit down, if I was planning to break in? It just doesn't add up. When looking at it from a different view. I guess I just have bad luck lol
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:10:48 PM by spudunker »

Offline Spencer B

• the Romantic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ...*BANG*...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 08:10:31 PM »
At this...

"The fact that its not normal"

I would have snapped.

They would have been assailed with an eloquent hail of words and towered over with a the cold rage of a charismatic man gone into an intellectual's rage.

"...Excuse me, officer, but do you not understand we are in a place where you have the right to not be normal? Do you not understand that by simply saying that you have cornered yourself as being as bad as a racist?! Do you NOT understand, that I have every right to bring hell itself onto your head and bring ruin to your life?!! Your reputation, job, your dignity is in my hands by your admission of ignorance!!! This man, this guard, has brought to you a pointless, pedantic argument against me and you not only decide to listen, you decide to ignore my half of the story! How can you say you uphold my rights and PROTECT ME when you assault me and insult me at every turn!!?"

And then on from there. They would have HELL to pay. My indignation is not something you survive from unscathed.

I go to college at Expressions for digital art. I thought about pressing charges but I never really thought to get his badge number. Which was dumb of me I just wanted it to be over and stop shaking.

Edit: Now that I can think clearly, I realize that, why did the security guard accuse me of stealing? Or breaking in. He said I was at a perfect point to get into the parking garage. But in fact the garage has many open doors and I could have just went through the ramp D:

This is just odd. I agree.
www.cracked.com
www.tvtropes.org

There are times when you want to break down and rage at the heavens. Don't. Stay calm, and let the emotions flood in, accept them and then rise above them. Never dwell. Don't fear or worry. Anything worth thinking about is worth talking about. And... Good luck.

Offline spudunker

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 08:12:51 PM »
At this...

I would have snapped.

They would have been assailed with an eloquent hail of words and towered over with a the cold rage of a charismatic man gone into an intellectual's rage.

"...Excuse me, officer, but do you not understand we are in a place where you have the right to not be normal? Do you not understand that by simply saying that you have cornered yourself as being as bad as a racist?! Do you NOT understand, that I have every right to bring hell itself onto your head and bring ruin to your life?!! Your reputation, job, your dignity is in my hands by your admission of ignorance!!! This man, this guard, has brought to you a pointless, pedantic argument against me and you not only decide to listen, you decide to ignore my half of the story! How can you say you uphold my rights and PROTECT ME when you assault me and insult me at every turn!!?"

And then on from there. They would have HELL to pay. My indignation is not something you survive from unscathed.

This is just odd. I agree.

you sir have an amazing vocabulary. I had the little thought in the back of my mind just saying "yell at them" but I couldn't I didn't want matters to get worse. Hell if I could have I would have smacked 'em, but I can barely hurt a spider! Let alone let someone feel my verbal wrath lol
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:15:37 PM by spudunker »

Offline Glazin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 08:20:43 PM »
I dont know what to say about this. Wow.....
(Dont do this) But if was me as soon that guy wave to the police i would have took the picture from him and run.

But thats just me, i have bad experience with police throughout my life.

You should Sue for real man

Offline spudunker

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 08:21:57 PM »
I have too =O! I was honestly thinking about it! The second he was yelling at me I was tempted to run until he took a picture T_T

Honestly this would have been avoided if the man had been more calm instead of just yelling from the start. If I were him I would have calmly asked said person to get down and explain to them why =O instead of just screaming my lungs out ! I mean if wasn't needed! I can see when I said "I jumped" as a smart ass remark but I really did just jump!! @_@

The cop today though, he really annoyed me. When he said I was a whiner and that I pissed him off. It really was offensive. I mean, I am just a kid, he was 40 years old! Well I am 18; still a kid sort of. When I thought about it more, through out my life, when I get in trouble for things like this, I ask why. I want to know why I am in trouble. No one has ever given me a straight answer! It's sad to see how this world treats young adults these days! It's like we don't even matter. I wasn't whining in the least anyways! I just wanted a straight answer as to why I was being arrested and why things played out the way they did. Alas though it was to much to ask! Seriously, I piss him off? Why? (The infamous why!) If anything people like him anger me! The bullies the people that use and abuse power, just because he is a officer doesn't mean he has the right to treat me like I am under him. I thought cops were suppose to be orderly, mannerly, and treat people with respect. He just verbally abused me. The Security guard physically abused me! I didn't swing back, I held it in, but I still got in trouble and they wouldn't listen to a lick of word I had to say! Where is the justice? I've always treated people with respect, regardless of what they said or did to me. I don't understand where he got off saying and doing what he did. I get that a cop has a tough job, but it is still no excuse! When you were in high school and you acted out a tiny bit because of stress did you hear "Its not an excuse"? I sure have! I got that all the time. I think if a high school student has to act with integrity so does a officer of the law! It doesn't matter, they are held to a certain level and they know that. To bad though there are always those people in the world.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:38:45 PM by spudunker »

Offline Jesse Wharton

• will behave
  • Patas
    • View Profile
    • Click here
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 08:44:45 PM »
You know what's hilarious. That fact that to some people doing something that shows even the slightest bit of coordination skill or physical prowess is not normal. Ha it's true the only time you see kids doing anything is organized sports, other than that they are playing video games or on the computer. It truly is a sad sad world out there right now. And a 4 foot wall isn't much anyway.

Offline BrandonDean

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 08:52:53 PM »
This is just another reason I can't wait to be considered an "adult". They would have never gone off on you like that if you were a year or two older.
Warning: Above user has been prone to drawn-out and sometimes heated debates on subjects such as the difference between parkour and freerunning. By the way, they aren't the same. Claim so at your own risk.

Offline Brett Mitchell

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 08:59:34 PM »
Well first off, Spudunker, it's really unfortunate that this happened. I'm not sure if it's your first encounter with the police, but if it is, the first time is especially hard. However, I'm missing the part of your story where you were actually arrested. I know that you were stopped by a security guard and later questioned by the police who were flagged down. but were you brought back to the police station, fingerprinted, mug shot taken, put in a cell, actually arrested? If you were, I'd very much like to hear that part of the story as that's what the topic pertains to.

Spencer, you may have a lot more experience dealing with authority figures, but I think that it was hard enough for spudunker to just keep his act together. I remember the first time I was stopped by the police and frisked. They will usually search you for weapons and/or drugs if you are wearing dark, or baggy clothing (for me it was a black hoodie). I was absolutely terrified. I'm sure most people are barely able to speak when something like this happens. Not to mention the fact that you'd get cut off in the middle of that long winded speech.

I'd also like to point out that there's a lot of hatred against the police in this thread. I find it to be a recurring theme on APK. They are just trying to do their jobs. Yes, there are some police officers that are not very good at what they do. Some are power hungry and abuse their power. But they are a minority. The majority of police officers really do a great job and are actually nice people.

In Spudunker's case was with the security guard, not the officer. Imagine if you were the police officer and responded to this. Who would you listen to? The person of authority doing their job? Or the person who has no reason to be there and is said to have been up to no good (even though we know they are lying)? It's situational irony at its finest. The police officer does not know the person with authority is lying, they just hear the 'bad guy' saying they are innocent (how many times do they hear that)? The officer was just responding to the circumstances, everybody should try to see it from their point of view.

I've had to deal with the police multiple times and I find that it's best to remain calm first. Then talk as little as possible. Don't immediately try to explain yourself, wait until they ask. You'll usually get your time to explain if you wait for it. If you try to explain when the officer is trying to sort other things out, you'll get cut off and ignored.
Train safe, train fun.

Offline spudunker

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 09:01:01 PM »
You know what's hilarious. That fact that to some people doing something that shows even the slightest bit of coordination skill or physical prowess is not normal. Ha it's true the only time you see kids doing anything is organized sports, other than that they are playing video games or on the computer. It truly is a sad sad world out there right now. And a 4 foot wall isn't much anyway.

Indeed! Most people reject those things out side of their perception of "normal". They're very close minded and don't see how much skill it takes to do what we actually do. How much strength it takes, how much training we do! Only thing that is labeled as normal is dare I say? Traditional sports, anything but is just a reckless activity. Or so they say =O But hey I stride to be different. Being what some call normal is only just a mere fantasy! I will keep training in Parkour, and if I am confronted by a calm officer or security guard, I am running the hell away! haha

Offline Scared Doggy

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Connor Hagerty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 09:10:44 PM »
At this...

I would have snapped.

If it were me I'd be like
BLARUGHS DURRRGIHIMERGIBALURGEPACHURBE LUNURBURGULUHHOOJIBAH
Well not really because I don't have anger issues in the least, but that security guard sounds like a total jerk. He was probably fat wasn't he?
Minnesota Parkour
YouTubeAccount

Offline spudunker

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 09:17:35 PM »

Ah the terrifying double post! Yes I was arrested and no I wasn't. My story is a bit sketchy because when I wrote this I was shaking my ass off.  They were going to take me and finger print me and do the whole nine yards until they figured out, that I really didn't do anything wrong. Other than climb a wall? I was told that until the official report comes out, its a pending matter. So I might face jail time, or I might face a court date. Hurrah! But hell if I know I think he was talking out of his ass. But I am completely biased at the moment I really hate him haha Either way, If I go to jail or not, this story needs to be heard for the fact of the behavior of the police officer and the pending jail time for doing parkour.

Offline Cody Goodman

• Patas
  • over car under truck, now learn the front tuck!
    • View Profile
    • The Life Of Cody Goodman
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 09:17:53 PM »
Firstly, I would talk to the owner of the apartment complex about the incident to explain parkour and what it is. I would tell him how the security guard treated me, while showing empathy for the security guards point of view, but clearly underlining his irrational behavior and lack of competence. Getting the owner, or superior, of the apartments on your side is crucial and will pretty much solve all of these problems. If worse comes to worse, and the owner is also on the irrational or close minded side you can mention how the local news station would eat up a story like this.

Next, when dealing with cops staying calm, and letting them "call the shots" so to say keeps them comfortable (since they actually deal with real criminals), and they will almost always give you a chance to show your side of the story. If they do not, they will be in a great deal of trouble unless they have VERY good probable cause. Just be overall non-threatening, move slowly, and talk in a non-hurried manner.

You also don't need the officers badge number, if he actually ticketed you, or put you into a cell. Please tell us more info about that, or were you just temporarily held in the car? Give me some more info, and I can give better answers :)

NOTE: MOST officers I have come in contact with are overall good people, some are just a bit overworked, and have a bad view of anyone accused of a crime. In most cases, the person who calls the cops is the one they listen too first. Always keep positive and calm in these situations above all.
Running Shoes Review
---------------------------------
Site I made to review all the shoes i've went through!