Author Topic: I am a newbie.  (Read 6867 times)

Offline NewToParkour/Freerunning

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: I am a newbie.
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2009, 04:12:29 PM »
I ordered some APK Combat Trainers and a Tribe Wings T-Shirt and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it might take them to get to South Carolina?
I don't have any idea what I'm doing, but I do it anyway.

Offline Jeremy Osborn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2009, 07:07:05 PM »
1 to 2 weeks i believe..
Wisconsin Parkour

Your friendly neighborhood Techno-head.

"The Chinese use two brush strokes for the word 'crisis', one stands for danger, the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger, but recognize the opportunity."

Offline PROMINENTparkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2009, 07:01:46 AM »
Is there anyone who is willing to give me tips on vaults and stuff?
First off, go on youtube and search tutorials for vaults. Then what i did was practice my jumping for a while. i worked my legs for three days and they were incredible sore, but in the end they got stronger and i moved on the vaulting. Once you watch the videos and you still dont get it, ask me.

Offline NewToParkour/Freerunning

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2009, 06:44:06 PM »
Thanks guys but i have realized something. That I can only be good to a point and then my body at it's current maturity can't progress any more and then it's just a waiting and stamina game until my body is more mature and I can improve. Wow that was deep even for me.
I don't have any idea what I'm doing, but I do it anyway.

Offline Hazim Salem

• Hirundo Rustica
  • On my own, but not alone.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2009, 07:17:29 PM »
lol, i see what u mean. Yeah, boys' bodies develop physically in their teen years, however you can learn the techniques right now. Look at all those young martial artist. Look at Taylor Lautner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_xnmg7Eo40 (Yes, the guy from Twilight >.> ). That video is him when he was 13 i think. That's so epic sh*t right there. As far as endurance and stamina, yeah leave it for later when u grow up.

Offline PKX1

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2009, 05:25:59 PM »
there are some links to tutorials on vaulting, if u have a single rail u can practice many differnt vaults. the easiest ones to get started on are probably lazy, monkey, gate, and speed. once u get good at these u can try doing things like monkey/kong to precision. (if u dont have a rail or something, go look around in the forest there are probably some fallen trees about waist high those should do, or u can make ur own things out of wooden boards)

Offline Andrew"Brick"B.

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2009, 04:39:43 PM »
Hey everyone who posted on here, This is my new account because I am not really a noob anymore, so any answers will(and I am not saying they must) for the most part, directed to me.

Offline Tomas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • View ny site
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2012, 01:09:53 AM »
Thanks and any recommendations for how to do a equine vault? Because I have a combined high-ish hurdle in my group that I have been trying them on but my program just won't do what my ideas shows it to, instead of going through my arms, my legs go around them when I tell them to go through my arms.

Offline Tomas

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • View ny site
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2012, 07:20:57 PM »
To do a horse program, you need to leap first. So since you're getting, you don't really need a program, lol. Try it on a waist-high challenge if you will discover any.