Author Topic: So, you exercise, but how well do you eat?  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Alec H

• Guenons
    • View Profile
So, you exercise, but how well do you eat?
« on: October 25, 2009, 02:01:26 PM »
Well, I exercise at least an hour a day, and so do most people, but do you eat correctly?

Most days I start breakfast out with 1 bowl of cherrios.  For lunch I have x3 Peanut B Sandwichs or a Pizza (mini-personal pan).  I'm not a lover of vegetables either.  I don't eat any at all, except mashed potatoes =D.  I eat 1 banana a day, sometimes 2.  For dinner it greatly varies.  I have 1-2 MtN dews a day.  It seems like a lot to me.

What/ how do you eat? 

Offline Eli

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Wow, you guys still exist after all these years!
    • View Profile
Re: So, you exercise, but how well do you eat?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 02:39:10 PM »
Well on weekdays breakfast consist of either a potpie, or pancakes, Glorious, unhelathy pancakes. Lunch on those days is up to the school, but they're supposedly all healthy. (I doubt it though) And dinner is usually a home cooked meal by the female parental unit. Since the father has diabetes, dinner is usually the healthiest meal of the day.
The Greatest Lesson A Traceur Learns
Quote from: Sai Chikine
Parkour spots are buried in random places.

Looking for me on the web?
Just Search for "SticktheFigure"

Offline David Johnson

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 02:41:14 PM »
I don't eat all that healthfully, but I've cut soda and most junk food out of my diet.

your mother

Offline Dan Frank

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formless, shapeless, like water.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 03:33:15 PM »
I don't eat breakfast. I would link the study on that but I can't find the good one. For lunch, I usually have a sandwich on real whole grain bread with some sort of meat or fish inside, and skim milk, and some sort of fruit or vegetable. Between lunch and dinner, when I get home from school, I'll usually have some vegetables or nuts or fruits, whatever's lying around the kitchen that seems healthy. Then for dinner I might have some sort of meat or fish, or sometimes pasta, with mixed vegetables on the side.
I drink a lot of fluids. During the week, when I work out, I drink copious amounts of milk (skim, because I don't work out super hard like I used to, and I'm spending more hours sitting and doing all the homework I've been getting this year.) I drink water like a madman. I usually have a tall glass of water and a cup of tea before school. I get through a 16 ounce bottle every day at school (don't worry, eco-fanatics, it's the reusable kind), plus some from the fountains when I run out, plus the milk I drink at lunch. Then I get water from my fridge at my leisure for the rest of the day.
I don't have any other snacks, unless I've done something to make myself particularly hungry (for example, I play badminton during lunch on Tuesdays on Thursdays). I probably drink 12 ounces of soda a month, simply because there's always that situation when you're at a party or something and you just don't have anything else to drink. Bananas are my favorite fruit. I don't usually have more than one a day, though, on account of them having lots of sugar and starch. I have desserts once in a while. I don't worry about them, though; a good diet is not about counting calories or avoiding fats and whatnot, it's about moderation and having simple, healthy foods consistently.

And that's pretty much it.
Dedication is the basis of success in all things. The achievement of one's goals will ensue naturally if one is dedicated.

Offline Alec H

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 05:19:16 PM »
Can anyone link to that breakfast study?  I keep telling my parents it's bad, but they say if you don't eat you don't learn.  I don't know  :-\

Offline Eli

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 05:40:16 PM »
I found this that has reasons why. Next I'll find one against and compare notes.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Eat-Breakfast?&id=2182354

Offline Eli

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 05:42:02 PM »
Ah, heres one against it.
http://www.slate.com/id/2121172/

Offline Elet ET

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Smite me, Oh Mighty Smiter!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 06:13:30 PM »
I eat food, not too much, and mostly plants.

That's all you need to do.
ProParkour--ANTI-ADVERB!!!!!

If you don't like their rules, Refuse to play their game.
Anarchy is not CHAOS, but order without CONTROL.
Frederick, MD PK

Offline Dan Elric

• Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 06:27:49 PM »
Typically whatever I can find.  This usually ends up being fruits/veggies.  A very light meal of it too.

Offline Sean Au

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 07:04:54 PM »
My 3 meals a day are quite healthy, they have quite a lot of vegetables and stuff. But I eat lots of junk food in between like Oreos after breakfast. And I drink Coke a lot like almost everyday, if not some other soft drink. And IMO I eat quite a lot but I'm not overweight. My brother eats less than me and he's a bit fat and overweight probably because I do more physical activity than him.

Offline KC Parsons

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat. Move. Improve.
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 09:25:23 PM »
I IF with usually about an 8-9 hour feeding time. Sometimes I'll extend the fast and lower the eating window, sometimes the opposite, but that's the average.

The source of my foods lately have been lower quality, but the choice of macronutrients and timing around when I lift have been chosen quite well. On account of working at 2 fast food places, I'm often practically limited to their food because I live about 20 minutes away from where I work. Milk constitutes a big part of my diet, lately been around 3/4 gallon a day because I'm all over the place and don't have a fridge in my car(if only.... =[ )

I've had great success and will continue to make the best relative choices with what I've got.

All in all, eating well is very relative depending on your goals.

Offline Cody Goodman

• Patas
  • over car under truck, now learn the front tuck!
    • View Profile
    • The Life Of Cody Goodman
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 02:13:19 AM »
My diet is crap... i'm not the one who buys the food. Although I try to make the best of what I've got, convenience usually wins over.
Running Shoes Review
---------------------------------
Site I made to review all the shoes i've went through!