Author Topic: Bensalem Gym?  (Read 1704 times)

Offline DKennedy513

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Bensalem Gym?
« on: March 02, 2010, 12:46:10 PM »
Hey there, my name is Dani, I'm seventeen and really new to this whole parkour thing. I've known about it for years and have watched videos and everything but I have always been too chicken or self conscious to do anything. So considering I'm a beginner would the Bensalem Gym be a good place for beginners to start at? Do other Traceurs go there? Are they more advanced or a lot of beginners? Any other start up information or info about the gym itself would be amazing. Thanks guys.

-Dani

Offline Adam McC

• Delicious
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Level 1 Sexability Certified
    • View Profile
    • Lehigh Valley Parkour
Re: Bensalem Gym?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 12:10:51 PM »
I go to/teach at Parkettes Gymnastics Center, about an hour north of the Bensalem area. I've never been to Bensalem, but I quick browse on their website seems like its a good place. I have no idea if there's coaching or experienced people at the Open Workouts, but it'd certainly be a good thing to do. I doubt you'd find any Parkour instruction, though. A trip to the Lehigh Valley would offer you that.

-Adam McC

•Lehigh Valley Parkour Community Founder
•Level 1 A.D.A.P.T. Certified
•Urban Current Member

Offline DKennedy513

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 02:11:13 PM »
Yeah, I've heard about LVPK and have been very impressed by some of the class videos and everything that I have seen in the past. I'm trying to find bus routes considering I don't have my own car at the moment. I'm trying to get a drive up there as soon as possible. Do you help out with the outdoor classes as well? Or is it all indoors now?

Offline Adam McC

• Delicious
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Lehigh Valley Parkour
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 04:41:33 PM »
It is outdoors whenever the weather permits. We only do indoors because of winter. The weekly classes at Parkettes gym are of course always indoors since its a gym, but all the seminars and training events in the spring and especially summer will be outside in parks and such places.

•Urban Current Member

Offline DKennedy513

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 09:13:15 AM »
I will for sure try to get up to some of your gym sessions. Is it a continuous thing? Or is it mostly a open gym type of thing? Do you have a website or anything that I can look at for information on what to bring, what to wear, etc. If so, that would be most helpful.

Offline Adam McC

• Delicious
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Lehigh Valley Parkour
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 08:17:26 PM »
Its a continuous Open Gym. :). Classes are every week, just show up whenever you feel like it, pay, and take the class. You can also get a punchcard that'll save you some money in the long run, if you find you want to take multiple classes. But there's no commitment, if that's what you're asking.

The info is on www.lehighvalleyparkour.com, on the bottom of the home page. You don't need to bring much. Water if you want, but there is a fountain. Clothes, just whatever is comfortable. What you would wear on a run or to the gym to workout. Same thing. Shoes are completely optional, you can go socks, barefoot, or sneakers, all your choice.

Any questions, lemme know! All my contact info is on that site.

•Urban Current Member