Author Topic: Jess's training journal  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Jess54

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Jess's training journal
« on: February 03, 2010, 03:39:09 AM »
I just started parkour with a kid from my school but there aren't many places to practice be i have done the work outs for the past week or so and i have gotten in better condition and my abs have been getting really sore after workouts and practice... Not exactly sure what my goals are at the moment probably holding a handstand and overcoming my fear of heights its not really bad but it does get annoying when i'm trying to do things ore than 6 or 8 ft off the ground...i'll get over it heh....

Offline TraceuseDS

• Patas
  • Carolyn (Carrie) S.
    • View Profile
Re: Jess's training journal
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 07:40:14 AM »
it does get annoying when i'm trying to do things ore than 6 or 8 ft off the ground

Well that works out well, because if you just started you shouldn't be doing anything 6 or 8 ft above the ground anyway! ;) A good rule of thumb when you're first starting is to *never* jump off of anything higher than you can jump onto (you can seriously mess up your joints if you start doing that stuff before you're ready).

If you're having trouble pinning down some specific goals, have a look at this article and see if it helps. Happy training!
Just take the next step.A day without a challenge is a wasted day.

Offline Jess54

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:06:41 AM »
thanks for the advise i'll keep that in mind and thanks for the article my goals should be a little more specific ;D

Offline Jess54

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 06:01:08 AM »
yesterday i had to get out of my house so i ran like 2 miles heh that was fun!