Author Topic: HIpk Injury Log - Discussion.  (Read 9082 times)

Offline FlippySean

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Sean
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: HIpk Injury Log - Discussion.
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 02:11:27 AM »
Funny...my sprain was in a safe environment as well, haha. Though, mine could have been prevented. I shouldn't have tried to precision onto a white line with a double leg  :P

turtlekarma

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 01:07:31 AM »
Um so my regimen for my a sprained ankle depends on how "bad" it is....I've had every kind of sprain.  The way I work it out so fast is to immediately once it's hurt find out if I've still can do a full rotation.  Even if doing a rotation hurts like a.... I base my recovery process off of that one test.  Cause If I physically cannot complete a full rotation of my ankle then I know it's a bad sprain and that I should immediately get the ice on it and call it a day.  But if I can make that full rotation my recovery schedule calls for more pain.

Basically I soak it (1/2 hour), wrap it (for time I'm at school or work), rotate it a couple of times in between...and keep doing this until it's better.  I find that rotating it every couple of hours helps me work out the kinks...idk that's just how I do it and that's what works "best" for me...you guys should stick to w/e you normally do or w/e your doctor tells you, my regimen doesn't work for everyone. 

Offline FlippySean

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Sean
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 06:44:15 PM »
My ankle is at about 90% today :)
I'm feeling normal again, I love it.
I'll actually be able to do something on Sunday's jam. But I'm still going to take it quite easy.

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 11:07:08 PM »
My ankle is at about 90% today :)
I'm feeling normal again, I love it.
I'll actually be able to do something on Sunday's jam. But I'm still going to take it quite easy.

Oh you will ;)
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 01:55:47 AM »
I really miss the evil smile... You're an admin, Ozzi, can you get it added?
I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 03:46:35 PM »
First to say sorry I haven't been on, trying to get my computer fixed... And I did ^^

On to the injury thing... Well I was hit by a car. Well I got away super lucky, Road rash on my knee and shoulder, also little bits in other places. Then at least a bruised muscle at worst it's torn in my right quad. And very very sore. But I'm all fine, they had to give my Vicoden so I could stand and I need crutch to walk around right now. But all things considered I am very very well off. I have no idea when I'll be training again but I'm sure not in the next week...
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" ~ Audrey Hepburn
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 04:08:42 PM »
Glad you're mostly ok! Yah, could have been MUCH worse.

Were you training? What were circumstances?

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 11:02:45 PM »
No I was riding my bike to school, I got off at a cross walk at the intersection near the hickam bowling alley. And in the turn lane a lady in a big suv stopped to let me past and I started to run across but a smaller suv in the straight line couldn't see past the bigger one so by the time I was there there was nothing he could do. More or less it hit my bike first and the bike hit me throwing me. My bikes trashed but I came out very good in the idea of 105 pound kid vrs small suv.
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 11:19:00 PM »
You could have been street pizza. Serious. Wow. Glad you're young, bouncy and heal fast. How long do they think you'll be using the crutch?

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2009, 09:01:52 AM »
Yeah, Pizza does not sound fun to be. To be able to walk anywhere than in my room, one or two more days. Just woke up this morning and am more sore. I can now walk with out the crutch... sorta kinda. Real real bad limp and I come close to falling a lot and that's just in the small area of my room.

Anyone know good like warm-up things to help get my right quad back in the game when I can move it a little better? Like how people have those sprain recovery training.
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2009, 12:28:07 PM »
Hey Michael, glad you are not pizza or squashed pie for that matter.

As for recovery, I would do very light squats, like just sitting and getting up. Do that until you can do it without the chair support. Wait, didnt mean"do that" I meant, I suggest that. I would ask your dc if that is ok. You can also try laying on your back and doing bicycle like motion with your legs.

Ghandi

Offline Stacie

• Patas
  • Holy [insert witty word or phrase here], Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2009, 11:10:04 PM »
So, here's the lulz. Tendonitis in both knees. No, I didn't see a doctor. I've had it before and remember the feeling quite well. XD Just chilling and hoping they heal up by this Friday and the seminar on Sunday. The human body can be annoying sometimes.
"Do NOT...eat that. It is a poisonous...magicpie!"

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2009, 11:16:57 PM »
At time, buy some knee straps, they help. Hope you get well soon.
 Ghandi

Offline Penn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 12:29:09 AM »
i had to leave last friday because of my right hip. getting back into hardcore yoga would probably help alot. Aside from it smarting pretty good at the time, I also stopped early since i had commited myself to what ended up being an almost 5 mile trail the next day up and around a bunch of steep inclines and through a mile or so of pitch black dark vietcong-esque style tunnels that have water up to your waist in places... lol. armed only with some gloves, a small jug of water, a dinky flashlight and a couple of brewskies at that. I made it through in one piece though, which leads to wonder even more why a couple of simple vaults made it feel like my hip was so off.

Offline Stacie

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2009, 08:17:35 AM »
At time, buy some knee straps, they help. Hope you get well soon.

Got em on Saturday. ^.^ Will definitely help me survive those stairs at work. lol!

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2009, 01:56:50 PM »
Hey I heard that doctors now think that stretching before and activity increases the risk of injury and stuff, and if you want to get limber only stretch after. Just wondering if that's really how it goes?
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2009, 06:39:36 PM »
Wrong.... in a sense. Stretching must be done after warm up, not before. Once the body is pumped up and ready to go, then you stretched, that way ligaments are awake and warm, easier for them to losen up.

I AM NOT DOCTOR BUT THIS IS MY STRONG OPINION
 Ghandi

Offline Stacie

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2009, 05:32:51 AM »
And..he's right. Some doctors don't know what the hell they're talking about. Trust me..effer gave me prilosec when I clearly told him I needed prevacid or something like that (an acid inhibitor) and not prilosec (and acid blocker) for my chronic heartburn...and when I said it wasn't working, he told me to take two a day. Guess who was getting sick because I couldn't digest food properly? Yeah..def. warm up, stretch, work out, cool down, stretch. I've made my own personal mistakes by just going for it without warming up or stretching first. Hellloooo unnecessary injuries!

Offline Stacie

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2009, 04:48:26 AM »
Oh yeah..my shoulders are all strained or something to that extent...a pain to do cat balances, QMs and the such. I think I might have pulled the muscles trying to be all badass on the monkey bars. >.<  lol! Anyhow, guess it's a blessing..the pain can actually teach me how to QM properly, since putting pressure on my shoulders causes a very, not-the-goo-kind burn. Let's see where this takes me. As my buddy Charlie the Hapkido instructor often told me, pain is a good teacher.  ;D

turtlekarma

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2010, 01:34:57 AM »

February 8, 2010
dislocated left elbow...I over rotated on a kong and didn't absorb impact fast enough with arms during my roll/bail. this was at hawaii academy gymnastics, i was warming up before i was going to help ozzi with the classes.  got it popped back in about two hours later, loved the drugs and cute nurse who helped me take off my shirt.  probably going inactive for a month plus. thanks paris, ozzi, dr. max for helping me out....i really appreciate it =)