Author Topic: California Parkour Groups  (Read 14636 times)

Offline Jackson Miller

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Formerly Entity
    • View Profile
Why is there such a divide between the parkour.meetup.com/105 guys and the pkcali guys?

Doesnt make much sense to me... I used to use meetup.com but it costs money. PKCali is a free resource and is specific to Parkour. Perhaps the meetup.com guys stay exclusive as a way of justifying the money they put into organizing their sessions?

Money?  What do you mean?  The site doesn't cost any money to sign up to and it doesn't mention anything about paying money to jam.  You are saying they charge people or something?  I don't think they do.

Offline Lonnie Tisdale

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • San Diego Parkour, PKCali.com
From Meetup.com:
Is there a charge for Meetup?

Meetup does, however, charge a monthly subscription in order to become a Meetup Group Organizer.

We offer three price plans:

* USD $12 a month for six months (a single $72 charge)
    * USD $15 a month for three months (a single $45 charge)
    * USD $19 per month

Sometimes, Organizers will charge Members to be in their Group, or to attend a certain Event. These Membership dues could be used for any reason, including setting up door prizes, speaker fees, room rentals, making it easier to settle up the bar tab, t-shirts, Meetup Organizer Fees, even as a "screening" of sorts to make sure members are serious about the Meetup group.

Meetup is always sending me e-mails telling me if I pay to be an organizer I can have all the people who are waiting to meetup. I just posted a link to PKCali and told everyone that I'm organizing sessions there for free.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:37:01 AM by Lonnie Tisdale »
"Let the fear of danger be a spur to prevent it; he that fears not, gives advantage to the danger."

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
Yeah they were gonna charge me when I was on the verge of doing it too.

Offline TR

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
hahahahahahaha

Offline David Jones

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Representin the 215's finest... PhillyPK All Day.
    • View Profile
    • PkCali
hahahahahahaha

GET OFF MA THREAD TAY!!!!!

hahahahahaha

Offline Jeff

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • aka Meatlad
    • View Profile
Re: www.Pkcali.com (for So.Cal) www.Sfparkour.com/ www.BAparkour.com (Nor.cal)
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 01:42:15 PM »
Hey everybody new to/recently back to the Bay Area. I'm Meatlad from SFPK, active in Berkeley mostly ('cause I live there) and just want to post a reminder that we've got a ton of stuff going on at the UC Berkeley campus, and hoping things are going to pick up even more now that schools back in session. Fall is a great time to start doing stuff (again) 'cause there's always an influx of new people. We've got conditioning on Mondays and Wednesdays at 6:30 at Doe Library, then Thursday jams at Doe at 6PM every week. Weekend jams too, but no weekly one at that location. Jams scheduled at:

http://www.sfparkour.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

There's of course lots going on all over the bay area, with jams happening just about every day of the week somewhere. You can find them at the link above too.