Author Topic: fears  (Read 954 times)

Offline cheeto777

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
fears
« on: September 24, 2009, 09:22:07 PM »
i know i can do flips on mats and pads but i get so freaked out on hard ground... i need to know how to overcome this fear. plz help!

Offline Andrew Wilson

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal - Courage Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Take Flight Apparel
Re: fears
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 11:09:31 PM »
Work your way onto grass. That will help the transition. If you can then do it on grass without even thinking about it, not even having to warm up, just be able to walk outside and flip, you're ready.
"It's not about going out and finding a place to perform certain moves, it's about going out to your environment and truly adapting to it."

www.takeflightapparel.com - Very durable parkour clothing!

Offline Sparklefish

• EAF!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • San Francisco Parkour
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 11:15:13 PM »
Work your way onto grass. That will help the transition. If you can then do it on grass without even thinking about it, not even having to warm up, just be able to walk outside and flip, you're ready.

As you get older, warming up becomes more important. ;)

@cheeto:  Remember, there is no rush, so if it takes you awhile, it's okay.  Progress at your pace and use good intermediate steps like what Andrew suggested. 

turtlekarma

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 02:32:16 AM »

As you get older, warming up becomes more important. ;)

@cheeto:  Remember, there is no rush, so if it takes you awhile, it's okay.  Progress at your pace and use good intermediate steps like what Andrew suggested. 

Ditto Beretta...no rush just when you feel like you're ready go for it.  One thing that does help me though is when I've got a training partner with me who knows what I'm capable of, and encourages me to push myself....I don't mean having someone around who automatically says go for every big move you can think of, just that moral support for things you know are within your ability.  Best of luck man, let us know when you get it.

Offline Taylor S

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • knewght
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 09:26:28 AM »
I'm new to this whole thing, but seems to me that getting someone to spot you when you try on some grass would help build confidence.
I have no signature for no good reason.

Offline zayn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • i dont like real pics. They steal ur SOUL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 10:51:46 AM »
im new to flips and cant do backs. i can do fronts and i can land rolling or standing. i feel most comfortable with 2-3 people around. any more than 3 i get destracted by emotions and outer influences. 1 or less i dont get the urge or motivation to do it. id say stick with the people who are normally around when you do flips and stay focused.
I am the prophet nemesis. Guardian of the Nexus and void. God of death.

"free-ur mind" morphious
"Slow is smooth and smooth is fast" Sensei England and Sensei Geroge -miss them alot-
http://teamnexus.moogo.com/
http://teamnexus13.webs.com/