Author Topic: Hot Spots  (Read 7714 times)

Offline Blair Fogeltanz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Hot Spots
« on: September 18, 2009, 09:35:45 PM »
So i was on the way home from a cross country meet and stopped to eat at a restraint named Kopp's. When i arrived a realized that this courtyard they had amazing architecture for parkour especially precisions. Not many rails but a ridiculous amount of concrete ledges, curbs, stairs, and benches of a variety of heights. Of course I couldn't resist the temptation of doing at least a few precisions as i a waited my food. Just thought I would put it out there for anyone in that area, seeing as you can't scout every where. Feel free to post any other suggested spots in your city or in others. Just include a brief description and the address.

Kopp's Frozen Custard
Greenfield
7631 W. Layton Ave.
Greenfield, WI 53220
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 09:39:43 PM by Blair Fogeltanz »
Running is the only transportation that gives you complete freedom and parkour allows the freedom to continue through our urbanized world.

Offline Jeremy Osborn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Wisconsin Parkour
Re: Hot Spots
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 09:11:44 PM »
Pennoyer Park
Kenosha
75th Street and Kennedy Drive
Kenosha, WI
Wisconsin Parkour

Your friendly neighborhood Techno-head.

"The Chinese use two brush strokes for the word 'crisis', one stands for danger, the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger, but recognize the opportunity."

Offline NolanK13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 06:45:48 PM »
So i was on the way home from a cross country meet and stopped to eat at a restraint named Kopp's. When i arrived a realized that this courtyard they had amazing architecture for parkour especially precisions. Not many rails but a ridiculous amount of concrete ledges, curbs, stairs, and benches of a variety of heights. Of course I couldn't resist the temptation of doing at least a few precisions as i a waited my food. Just thought I would put it out there for anyone in that area, seeing as you can't scout every where. Feel free to post any other suggested spots in your city or in others. Just include a brief description and the address.

Kopp's Frozen Custard
Greenfield
7631 W. Layton Ave.
Greenfield, WI 53220

I've been here many times, and every time I always think of the great opportunities for parkour.  It is pretty far from my home though.

Offline HeWhoWanders

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 08:27:45 PM »
What a coincidence, I just ate Kopps! I love that place, amazing custard. Anyway, oppurtunities for parkour there never really struck me, untill you pointed it out.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 08:43:23 PM by HeWhoWanders »
The message I wrote above has been written.

Offline Blair Fogeltanz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 06:16:39 PM »
The Green Lake Conference Center in Green Lake. I just had a religous retreat here and even upon arrival I thought the place would be amazing for parkour.  It sits on the shore of green lake and sits on just a huge chuck of land. Parkour advantages areas are concentrated around the main conference center. It has just an aboundence of different obsticals like walls ranging from 3 to 20 feet, rails, benchs, natural rock, stairs ranging from 3 steps to two fleights, and also just interesting outdoor structures. While a little isolated for personal training, I believe it would make make a great jam area with an aboundance of obsticals and group lodging on site. Just an amazing place. They do except non-chruch groups and with their policy on things like skateboards and rollarblades I doubt there would be an issue with parkour.

Green Lake Conference Center
W2511 State Road 23
Green Lake WI, 54941
http://glcc.org/glcc/index.htm
Running is the only transportation that gives you complete freedom and parkour allows the freedom to continue through our urbanized world.

Offline Wyatt Kessler

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 12:07:56 PM »
Good for precision if your careful is anywhere on the natural rock at the pier of lake michigan in kenosha, you can go from low  to high and high to low precision due to all the natural rock by the Kenosha Lighthouse
Kenosha Parkour
Parkour - Its not just something you do, it's the way you do it, and how you work to show the impact on your life from it

Offline Wyatt Kessler

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 12:11:46 PM »
Forgot the address lol

50th Street and 4th Ave.
Anywhere across Simmon's Island
Kenosha Parkour
Parkour - Its not just something you do, it's the way you do it, and how you work to show the impact on your life from it

Offline Joshua Winzer-Irwin

• Patas
  • you say no to drugs? i say no to gravity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 08:33:04 PM »
alright, for green bay, we have an empty lot and a wall between kk billiards and Melotte Distributors.

kk billiards is 1464 Main Street, Green Bay, WI‎

its kinda hard to give an address for this place, but if anyone wants to go, get ahold of me at 920 634 9754 and ill show it to you :)

Offline Digital Ted

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 11:19:50 AM »
Mead Library
710 North 8th Street
Sheboygan, WI

AMAZING training ground when the front water display is emptied. Check it out.

Offline Quicksilver7

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 04:04:52 PM »
University of Wisconsin Green Bay. Just checked it out yesterday and I was very impressed. If anyone is around that area you should check it out. Oh and you guys who are more experienced should head out that way too, I wanna get connected with the PK community in the state (I have some other guys who are with me as well who I like to train with.)

Offline Tenzoroku

• Guenons
  • super fresh!
    • View Profile
    • WausauPK FB
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 07:09:27 AM »
well ever come thru Hwy 29 be sure to stop by Wausau, they got alot of spot and this is one of our Training area.

i dunno the correct address but its
10th st
Wausau, WI 54403

here is the video of the location.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4-Pb5855Fw
founder of WausauPK.

Offline Evan Rudd

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 01:12:48 PM »
So i was on the way home from a cross country meet and stopped to eat at a restraint named Kopp's....

Dude, i work just down the street. Only prob is that every time I'm there it's packed, so can't pres without hurting someone...  :P
NEVER SHALL I GIVE UP!

Offline Ryan A. Vetter

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 12:45:38 PM »
Cudahy:

Pulaski Park Pavillion, has various platforms and a playground close enough + stairwell.

By the lake: Off Lake Dr. and Ramsey Ave. follow the trail back, you'll see a dip leading to a sandy area, the dell here is pretty nice.

Kosciusko (Something super-Polish)? School, Has sever layer-edges, and a nice big-cast staircase.

Off of Ramsey Ave. is an unfinished Condo complex, the elevator shaft is still erected.

Public Library has very few waist-level ledges, good for a rainy-day, also has a small concrete wall good for vaults.

Behind the K-mart/ Sears Outlet is a truck-load drop, and some other fun suprises, definitely worth a look or two.

St. Francis:

The public Library has a fair bit of wall/ledge about it, cop stop is right across the street.

South Milwaukee:

Off 11th St. and Elm St. one block West of N. Chicago, is a bridge, just a bit further west is a path that goes into the woods, several bike jumps and trees here, easily useable for flip practice.

Seven bridges, has several dells which have stiarcases and paths on them, excellent for endurance training, build that cardio!

E. Milwaukee Ave. starting at 6th street, if you go westward you'll find several small spots good for just about whatever, especially the train station.

Sunrise Shopping Center (Strip-mall), the area behind it is excellent for wall-work.

Bayview:

Behind Outpost natural Foods, post-10PM is an excellent practice wall, it has a lead-up as well.

Across the street is KK park, has a pretty fun wall here, the restroom pavillion can be fun if you work on it correctly.

Humboldt park Ampitheatre, the stage has two stair sets, and the stage is a stair too.

Milwaukee, if you follow the Milwaukee River Walk-way, you can find some beautiful pots, particularly around the statues.
So long as I have parkour I'm okay.

Offline Ryan A. Vetter

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 05:51:47 PM »
St. Francis:

Alley of Kingan Ave. two block north from Lunham, my property, garage, has a set of stairs, and the garage roof is easily accessible, perfect for rolling. There's also a railing at the end of the alley, where my property is.

Cudahy:

S. Packard Ave., Packard Plaza, back-lot, there's a staircase and a few railings here, back of outlet is a garage are, drops fairly quick, excellent for vault practicing.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:52:55 PM by Ryan Anthony Vetter »

Offline Ryan A. Vetter

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 09:51:41 AM »
Spotted and awesome location in Cudahy today, excellent rail system, brilliant for base vaults and under-railing.

Cudahy, WI
S. Nicholson Ave. Just south of Layton Ave.

Off on the west side of the road, series of multiple red rails just sitting there.

Offline Ryan A. Vetter

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 10:05:13 AM »
Spotted a gorgeous line today, had to be at least 100 yards worth...

St. Francis

North of Layton Ave. off-west Nicholson Ave., Behind the Value Village strip-mall. Couple loading docks, several dumpsters, a few rails, and a febce, with plenty of wall space.

Offline Ryan A. Vetter

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 10:05:11 AM »
Went to get some hot apple cider from a place called Fixx, right across the street is a banquet hall, Attman's or something.

Saint Francis:

On the corner of Sivyer Ave. and Packard Ave. Just north of Howard Ave.

This beautiful area features walls of 4 feet up to eight feet, bike racks, tables and a ten foot tall fence with plenty of space to work with.

Offline Ryan A. Vetter

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 11:28:21 AM »
It's a short line, but it's an excellent place to train at.

Saint Francis:
Vretnar Park

It' just North of Lunham Ave. on the end of Kirwood Ave. just west of the High School of Saint Francis.

There's a stage/theatre here, with bars to practice underbars, as well as a few retaining walls and a covered pic-nic table.

Offline Tenzoroku

• Guenons
  • super fresh!
    • View Profile
    • WausauPK FB
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 06:04:58 PM »
Wausau Stewart Park
950 Scott St, Wausau, WI 54403

great place for starters and alot to work with if your coming through Green Bay to MN. Take a stop down here and this location has it all well besides Bars. Great place and Home of the WausauPK group and really chill guys. Cheers and keep on Moving.
founder of WausauPK.

Offline ounioun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2018, 02:28:15 AM »
I don?t quite understand the purpose of a mifi. Assuming you are travelling you would want an unlocked phone, so why not just use your phone and setup a wireless hotspot?PC
First and foremost I?d rather have an unlocked phone first than a mifi. However I do have a mifi as a secondary device with built in Sim for those times when I arrive in country and dont want to mess about looking for the best phone/data sim package.