Author Topic: UH Manoa Upper campus  (Read 5441 times)

turtlekarma

UH Manoa Upper campus
« on: August 24, 2009, 09:46:52 PM »
Hey just wondering, would people like to see video's of places rather then me doin pictures?  Sometimes I find that it's hard to get a panoramic view of a spot.  I don't have a camera yet, but I could borrow a friends.

up by korean studies

Moore hall (there's a wall that surrounds these tables in the 1st picture, I just couldn't fit it in the picture)

Paradise Palms (really great for linking precisions)

This is C.T.

lots of scafolding like this in the back of the biomed building... but it's not really the sturdiest stuffs.

Behind Bildger

great flow here

side entrance to Kuykendal (alot better then it looks)

just for the hell of it (no real point to getting on top though...

by the old post office

Law building by lower campus parking structure (I couldn't fit everything into the picture, its better then this looks)

I'll try do lower campus tomorrow

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
Re: UH Manoa Upper campus
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 11:18:04 PM »
We only hit a few of those spots last time, that tree was fun. Check out this vid and you will have a better idea of where we have been, although there is more that we didnt film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm8teB9aTKk

I think pics are fine, but that is my opinion, the vid could work. Just have to be done well.

Just watched the vid, cant wait, so much opportunity there than I thought.
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

turtlekarma

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 12:15:58 AM »
so I looked around lower campus today, and you got most of the spots down there in this one

http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?topic=18655.0

there are spots further down, but not much better.  How was the thingy at alamoana by the way?

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 10:39:54 AM »
I was pretty awesome, not as many people as we would have liked, but awesome none the less.
 Ghandi

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 06:58:05 PM »
I was pretty awesome.

And humble, too ;D

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 08:36:07 PM »
Lol, I meant "it", but yeah, I was pretty great too  ;D
 Ghandi

Offline Nos0323

• Mangabey
  • I am THE worst noob here (I think)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 07:35:44 PM »
is this part of UH the part thats across the street from yogurtland?  the one with the library or the other one part of UH across from yogurtland?
"Experience teaches slowly and at the cost of mistakes" -James A. Froude

My real name is Jiyoung

officially started learning parkour correctly on january 2010 :) <-- new years resolution?   xp

turtlekarma

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 10:41:46 PM »
is this part of UH the part thats across the street from yogurtland?  the one with the library or the other one part of UH across from yogurtland?

um yeah, but a bit lower...I'll show you around UH if you like.  Give me a call and I'll set up a time to meet with you to train.  (808-754-4800)

Offline Nos0323

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 08:08:51 PM »
thx i think i will but im busy for the next few weeks sooo yeah.... but i think i know were this is supposed to be but i would love to train with u  ^^   but u might wanna keep in mind that im a total noob and im a girl and im almost 16... and ur probably older...so if u wanna take back ur offer thats fine with me :)  its ur choice haha
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:10:24 PM by Nos0323 »

My real name is Jiyoung

officially started learning parkour correctly on january 2010 :) <-- new years resolution?   xp

turtlekarma

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 10:53:00 PM »
nah I've trained with a 10 year old before and it was a blast, and I've trained with a 40 year old and it was just as fun....I even have gotten my mom started on doing some basic stuff and I couldn't be happier.  Age and sex doesn't exclude you from PK at all

However it's probably going to be a bit more difficult doing some things that require upper body strength as you orient your body to the challenges commonly faced when doing pk.  You should hook up with stacie when she gets back from korea and talk with her.  She's relatively new to pk as well, I think she'd make a great training partner for you. 

I'll train with you and anyone else whenever I can.  Here's a list of weekly training sessions I frequent...

1.  UH manoa jams....held every saturday @ 1:30pm (might change this semester depending on C.T.'s schedule) and led by C.T. or Chris, he's a freshman at UH who's been training pk for +2 years.  They usually meet up at the BUS AD building (just google maps it to see which building that is)...look for the people running around like monkeys and you've found them.  It's a free jam mostly for play, but conditioning can be worked in if you like, and if you have any concerns about trying stuff out C.T. is very knowledgeable and helpful.  They basically go all over campus making use of the urban "playground" that UH campus has to offer.  I try to make it to these jams as often as I can, but sometimes work or school gets in the way. 

2.  UH open gym sessions...held every weds @ 8:30pm-10pm and sunday 7:30pm-10pm.  This is another free training session.  i basically just go to these ones for conditioning.  No one in particular is in charge of these ones, but usually someone from HIPK is there.  meet up spot is lower campus the room I think is B-5...it's basically just a room with a soft blue mat.  Gymnasts, breakers, martial artists, and other random assortments of people like to train there...so don't be surprised when you see people doing diff things. 

3. Hawaii Academy open gym sessions... http://www.hawaiiacademy.com/web/About/AboutFacilities.htmheld every friday @ 6pm-8pm (but gym is open until 10pm).  This one you have to pay, but there's tons of stuff you can do there (trampolines, big open mat, stuff to build obstacle courses with, and trained friendly staff).  it's $5 and hour.  Basically Ozzi or me will lead a "class" but you can do whatever you want since it's not a formal class...we basically go down there and help out whoever wants help. 

4.  Twice a month we hold "jams" to get everyone together and go out and train...they are posted on HIPK's main site as well as these boards.  Check in regularly to keep updated. 

hope that helped, let me know when you would like to train and I'll try to make time

Offline Nos0323

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 12:11:57 AM »
thx that really helped  ^^  i would love to get some help  :)  thx but i can probably only make it on tuesdays or mondays... and if possible it would have to be near UH or ala moana...  but the thing is i am pretty shy if its face-to-face and if ifk the person...  but if its monday that would be perfect but it has to be after 2pm and i gtg home around 6 at latest...  Thanks and i sure cant wait ^^  this tuesday is good too and if ur free 2 morrow txt me or something even if its school time (808-728-7147)  i dont really have much time to talk on phone but u can txt me  ^^  just say that ur the guy from the forum and ill know who u are ^^  thank you soooo much ^^

My real name is Jiyoung

turtlekarma

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 12:32:24 AM »
lol I'm probably the only person in HIPK who doesn't text...I'm extremely cheap and haven't made the jump to texting yet, even though SOME people keep telling me to get texting.  I'll call you when I get time, if your parents are sketchy about you doing pk I could meet them so they know I'm not some random creeper you met on the internet (I've done it before so I have no problem doing it again).  Monday's work for me, I'll try to set something up with you for next week.  I'm usually free after 2:30pm.  oh also if you need a ride, I'm used to giving people rides to go train so transportation shouldn't be an issue since you live reasonably close to me (i live in kaimuki area). 

Offline Nos0323

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 12:54:13 AM »
lol ok ok but its ok i can take bus there or its only a few minsutes of run or walk...  and my first name is Jiyoung but everyone calls me Nos only because i never lost a racing game on PS2 so call me whaever u like...and give me a nickname if u want  ^^  i would like a new one haha and its ok about my parents i just have to say that im gonna hang out with a friend and wen u really are like my best friend ill just explain to them that i nvr told them how old u r   :)   thats always a better approach...  and r u free 2 morrow? u can call me anytime as long as its after 2:20pm...

My real name is Jiyoung

Offline Nos0323

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 07:02:15 PM »
sry about not picking up i was very busy... anyways about the times and dates you put up a friend wants to learn and i taught her how to land properly but she already knows how to roll cause of taekwondo...she can meet you at times i cant be with her and she said its fine with her too...her name is Erin and she can make it then --> thursdays and saturdays around 7pm and depending on her schedule sundays after 2...I can make it on Tuesdays whenever you are free until around 6 at latest...and i will be free on sundays almost everytime ^^  again im very sorry about not being able to call...i didnt hear my phone and it died about 30 mins ago...

My real name is Jiyoung