Author Topic: Amazing news for Tampa!!!  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Amazing news for Tampa!!!
« on: August 01, 2009, 07:48:57 PM »
So the owner of the new gym Excel 360 held an open gym this Saturday to celebrate the grand opening of their new gym. Long story short we attended and displayed some movements from our discipline along with some gymnastics flips and we had them hooked. By the end of the session Excel 360 wants me to start teaching Parkour classes at their gym. They even want to build some scaffolding in the back along with some other vault boxes and things!

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/eve/1278392269.html
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline Chris Ell

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing news for Tampa!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 08:08:36 PM »
Sick man. Just let me know what days this is happening and I'll be there to help teach.
╔══════════════╗
Team Moist Productions
╚══════════════╝
-=Training Blog=-

Offline Tom Coppola

• Hirundo Rustica
  • TomewardBound
    • View Profile
    • Florida Parkour
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 08:29:15 PM »
cool.  this place is like 20 minutes from my house.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfGJ-vaW0Uw

When faced with the stress of a life-threatening engagement, we don't rise to the occasion, we descend to our level of training.

Offline GimpRun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 12:02:22 AM »
Alright! This is sick  :D that's only like a half hour from my house

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 05:51:39 AM »
That ties it. I'm moving into tampa. I'll put in a transfer to brandon. This would be such a perfect stepping stone to opening our own gym.
Rely on yourself. Rely on your body. Rely on your training, instincts, and heart. Everything else is a crutch.

Quote from: Dan Kelley
Don't wear shoes.  Make the pavement bleed.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 09:10:44 AM »
Yeah I am so excited, I just wish I lived as close as you guys did. But on all my days off I will be at the gym organizing things and teaching gymnastics before we actually set up the Parkour classes.
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 09:33:16 AM »
I'm telling you, i know you're the big shot star player of our group haha but there are plenty of us that would be glad to help out and teach if they want more classes.
Rely on yourself. Rely on your body. Rely on your training, instincts, and heart. Everything else is a crutch.

Quote from: Dan Kelley
Don't wear shoes.  Make the pavement bleed.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 10:14:18 AM »
We are taking everything one step at a time, we don't want to push our limits just yet. I am going to test the waters and see if I can actually get people to join classes and if we can get a substantial amount of people then we will definitely go from there.

Offline Graham Hughes

• Hirundo Rustica
  • FLPK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 10:33:06 AM »
We are taking everything one step at a time, we don't want to push our limits just yet. I am going to test the waters and see if I can actually get people to join classes and if we can get a substantial amount of people then we will definitely go from there.

Yeah, starting out is going to be hard.  We're really lucky in Orlando to have this guy Andy involved with the community.  He may not be a model traceur (He likes being on rooftops :-\), but he knows a ton of people and he's great at getting them to come out and do things with/for us.  Without him we would've been hard-pressed to have as great a turnout as we did in our first class.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 11:21:44 AM »
Well luckily for me, I know how to tumble aswell so for the most part I will be coaching tumbling classes until I can rack up enough people to pay for classes regularely..

Offline Patrick Shaffer

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 02:35:18 PM »
Thats awsome i will be at every class!!!!!
And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell. -Matthew 5:30

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline StevieV19

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 06:54:39 PM »
where is the Xcel 360 gym located?

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 08:26:01 PM »
Here this will give everybody the info they need to call and ask about Parkour classes and get directions. The more people to call and ask about Parkour classes the more support I can get on my side, so I can start building more stuff in their gym. So call please and ask about classes.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/eve/1278392269.html

Offline jace iley

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 08:32:53 PM »
Finally! ive been waiting for this for months! lol

anyway ill call tomorrow good luck ^__^