I have good news i have read the thing and here is what i got out of it. in order to become an organization i am going o have to fill out a form, wich i will get as soon as i get settled in. once i hand in the form we have temporary status as a club for 60 days
. while in temporary status we may use campus facilities twice
, only for organizational purposes. within the 60 day period we must complete certian proceduers:
"1. Create a constitution based on policies and procedures as outlined in Policies and Rules for Recognized
Student Organizations and guidelines in “Information Packet.”
2. Complete an officer report form.
3. Membership list with a minimum of 20 active members
4. Secure University advisor (must be a full-time faculty or staff member employed at Penn State-University
5. Approval from Environmental Health and Safety if the activities and/or programs of the organization are
considered high risk."
according to the penn state club sport website we only need 10 active members, over half of them have to be university park students. so ill ask about that when i get there i mean we got 60 days, shouldnt be to hard right.
all of which are possible within in the time period. also even if you are not a full time student at the university park campus you can join:
"Only currently employed faculty, staff, and currently registered students shall be eligible for active membership
status in student organizations. All other persons may be admitted to associate membership."
as a recognised club we can:
"1.Recognized student organizations may use the name of the University in their official titles.
2. Recognized student organizations may use University facilities subject to the duly established written rules
governing such use.
3. Recognized student organizations, including Greek letter social fraternities and sororities, may petition for the
use of University funds subject to University regulations and the regulations of the University Park Allocation
Committee at University Park and as published in the Student Government Association Fiscal Policy Manual at
I would like for anyone who is interested in joining this club to post a way for me to contact you. the best trhing to do is leave an email you chek every now and then. i will check this topic at least four or five times a week, maybe even more if im not busy. until then stay in shape and if you have any questions or sugestions email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or my psu email email@example.com