Author Topic: Ft. Riley / KSU/ MANHATTAN and surrounding...  (Read 4149 times)

Offline proflashrtist

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Giggidy
    • View Profile
Ft. Riley / KSU/ MANHATTAN and surrounding...
« on: July 19, 2009, 09:17:39 PM »
[move][/move]
Just trying to figure out if I can get this Kansas area motivated to break into the scene.  I myself am just getting into this sport, but Im highly motivated to get into it and make this something popular.  There is a good potential for a fan base and interest in the area between the Military base and the college.  Lots of athletic potential here and I know there are traces of .. PK's .. free runners and t's ..

any input or interest would be very appreciated.. i will keep looking till i find anything..  KC is just to far a drive for me to do constantly

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Ft. Riley / KSU/ MANHATTAN and surrounding...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 07:27:03 PM »
Hey I was born in Fort Riley Hospital and I will be visiting this weekend, I will actually be staying in Junction City So if you want we should definitely get together!!!! Please let me know ASAP!!
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline Michael Grauer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 05:36:25 AM »
I live in Junction City and visit ft. Riley often

Offline H_Worth

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 11:33:19 AM »
So is anyone around here doing anything?

Offline Michael Grauer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 11:26:36 AM »
I practice parkour a lot around town when me and my brothers walk around if that's what you mean by is anyone do anything
My brother Ryne does a lot of parkour too

Offline Brock

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 06:53:28 PM »
I'm going to be moving to Ft. Riley in January, and would like to find some people to work with this coming spring/summer.

Offline TheFloyd

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 07:38:10 AM »
Hey, I'll be a KSU student for fall and I'm moving in at the beginning of next month (june) I was wondering if you guys got a group together to do training, I'd love to tag along and start getting to know people, and getting back into shape (mountain air is thin and wrecked my workout routine).

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 02:42:24 PM »
TheFloyd, I'm not in the area but I will be attending KSU the Fall semester of 2016 (hopefully). Please let me,  and anyone who passes through this thread, how training and meeting other traceurs in the area goes :)
Real supermen don't leap over buildings in a single bound, they take determined steps consistently over time
Twitter

Offline TheFloyd

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 06:06:56 AM »
KSU didn't work out for me financially at the moment. I had trouble finding a job and housing in the area. so now I'm back to Olathe for the time being. You said you'll be there 2016 though, maybe I'll have my life together again by then and I'll start industrial engineering at KSU. 2016... here we come.

Offline Amiacon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 03:39:57 PM »
I'm a current K-Stater and parkour novice. I know this is kind of an old thread, but it seemed worth a shot. Any locals still looking to meet up?

Offline KSUGuy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 07:28:35 AM »
Hey, I am a current K State student and was wondering if thise of you that said you were interested in meeting up are still wanting to. I am a novice parkour but would be willing/able to dedicate a lot of time to make this group happen. Post here or message and we can start meeting up!

I am positive we can get this to grow from 2-4 people to a good sized group. So lets get this from the talking to the acting stage!